Search
Like Tree2Likes

Odonnell Buggy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

you proboly have to much camber

Last edited by Robert.Hull; 05-15-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I highly doubt that will help.

that'll only make front too short.

I'll check when I get home but I've just downloaded and looked at the manual from the OD webpage, it says shorter for rear.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you built the standard kit and not the team, the long shafts up front and the short ones in back, and this also means not using the cvd's, but the uni's instead.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What did you find out with the half shafts? As Agent brought up, make sure you're not using the set from the Team stuff. If you had to assemble them, you're using the wrong set.

If need be - post up some pics of the problem. If the problem still exists.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

I have not touched anything in the team set. Only the Gen1 kit using the Gen1 manual

When I put the front universals in the rear, it looks good, however the rear in the front makes the front dog part come out at full compression.

so switching front to rear will not work,

the rear are not comming out per say, but it's really close to the edge, I would have though using longer half shafts like the front would have not only gave safety margin but also allow drivers to keep less spares.

Team kit however looks like they are all the same length? at least manual doesnt' specify different lengths.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Robert.Hull
you proboly have to much camber
it was too much camber, it's stays in fully with 0 camber, and has slight safety margin with camber at -1 degree
Old 05-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

run neg 2 camber all around you can even run neg 2 1/2 if you want
Old 05-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by devilchrist
I have not touched anything in the team set. Only the Gen1 kit using the Gen1 manual

When I put the front universals in the rear, it looks good, however the rear in the front makes the front dog part come out at full compression.

so switching front to rear will not work,

the rear are not comming out per say, but it's really close to the edge, I would have though using longer half shafts like the front would have not only gave safety margin but also allow drivers to keep less spares.

Team kit however looks like they are all the same length? at least manual doesnt' specify different lengths.
Hmm, interesting. I may not have noticed this because I've never run at full droop, nor have I met a track that required it.

You should be just fine once you set the car up, but let us know for sure.

Now set that car up with the Team parts already!
Old 05-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by boostfiend
Hmm, interesting. I may not have noticed this because I've never run at full droop, nor have I met a track that required it.

You should be just fine once you set the car up, but let us know for sure.

Now set that car up with the Team parts already!
considering how well this car is built, i'm seriously considering letting go of the team kit.

Overall I give this car a 9/10.

missing screws, and some screws that I thought should be 18 instead of 16 or 20 instead of 18, I like a little thread showing when the lock nut is tightened.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by devilchrist
considering how well this car is built, i'm seriously considering letting go of the team kit.

Overall I give this car a 9/10.

missing screws, and some screws that I thought should be 18 instead of 16 or 20 instead of 18, I like a little thread showing when the lock nut is tightened.
I'm sure there are people that would love to get their hands on your Team parts. Not sure why you'd let the parts go.... it makes a great buggy even better. At first I thought "No way - this is a great car." Then I got the parts, put em all on and was amazed at how much the car 'woke up'.

Did the threads meet the nylon? If so, that's exactly what you want. More than a thread going thru the nylon will weaken it's hold. In fact, we should be replacing nylon locks after one use. ....I know what you mean though, most people want three or four threads showing once the screw is tight, but myself I like it to be right on the edge.

Not sure what to tell you about the missing screws except ... the guy that counts screws didn't work that day. ..and he had a cold. ...and he was fired. hehe.

Go wear in that buggy!! If you didn't ream the arms, or do a little fine sanding, you got about two gallons to put thru it before it REALLY starts to behave how it should.

Still though - I think you'd really like the Team setup. Smooth, yet aggressive.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Was going to send this body off to be painted. I then realized that I had all day Saturday to do nothing before Race DAY tomorrow.
So last night, I painted it and to the delight of my neighbors, this morning I trimmed and dremel'd it.

Following the 'Keep it Simple, Stupid' rule and also the 'Just use a spray can, man' thought of Eddie Van Halen, I ended up with the following;

Ready for decals! (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Now for a rather blurry look inside. Engine is a GRP 'Tuned' .21 mated to the stock flywheel/clutch and a GRP 2050 Mid-range pipe.
Servos are BLS451 for throttle/brake and BLS351 for steering.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thinking about getting the zo1b. Was hoping to get some info from some people who own them. I curently own a rc8 any info would be great.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EastCoast
Thinking about getting the zo1b. Was hoping to get some info from some people who own them. I curently own a rc8 any info would be great.
You may find the following interesting. Read from about HERE on.

Keep track of many times you read "I'm done with this car breaking." and "Parts are way too expensive."
Old 05-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks good read that helps still not sure what to do luv me rc8 but not sure if I want the new one. keeping my options open.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boostfiend
Was going to send this body off to be painted. I then realized that I had all day Saturday to do nothing before Race DAY tomorrow.
So last night, I painted it and to the delight of my neighbors, this morning I trimmed and dremel'd it.

Following the 'Keep it Simple, Stupid' rule and also the 'Just use a spray can, man' thought of Eddie Van Halen, I ended up with the following;

Ready for decals! (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Now for a rather blurry look inside. Engine is a GRP 'Tuned' .21 mated to the stock flywheel/clutch and a GRP 2050 Mid-range pipe.
Servos are BLS451 for throttle/brake and BLS351 for steering.

Hi Jon,

Great idea, nice paint job. Yes, I do ran that Z01B too and really love it alot. So far the only problem I had was the steering knuckle but I've replace with the hyper 8.5 cnc knuckle and doesn't have that strip problem anymore no matter how hard you drive. I always love the Kyosho and found the OD car are very similar to the kyosho. From now on the OD car is my choice.

Mike T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.