Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX5R

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

on the front shock tower if not then it isnt stock.....mbx5, prospec, and the mbx5R all have AT LEAST that eclip........and the other parts on the car arent stock if it has captured hinge pins like king heads suspension blocks......
Old 11-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Upper front arm hingepin uses an e-clip. All other hingepins are locknutted. That's what he meant.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

the mugen part number is E0123...
Old 11-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

that comes in the kit..... you have more than 4 hinge pins as those are just lower.... the upper front is an eclipon one side captured on the other....then you have the outer rear which are bolt ons as well...
Old 11-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mugenlife
that comes in the kit..... you have more than 4 hinge pins as those are just lower.... the upper front is an eclipon one side captured on the other....then you have the outer rear which are bolt ons as well...
i see what your saying now...
Old 11-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

i was starting to wonder what upgrades you had lol i know the kingz heads pin blocks can be captured in the back and in the back front but they require the old pins unless you want some long ends sticking out. nitro house has some carbons that are alot lighter but require E clips.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mugenlife
i was starting to wonder what upgrades you had lol i know the kingz heads pin blocks can be captured in the back and in the back front but they require the old pins unless you want some long ends sticking out. nitro house has some carbons that are alot lighter but require E clips.
i guess i doent mind the eclips...i have never had a problem with loosing any...
Old 11-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

http://www.nitrohouse.com/details_jdcarbon.htm
http://www.nitrohouse.com/options_mbx5r.htm
those and some lotaballs lite pivot balls , lipo reciever pack, some titanium screws (not all) carbon rear shock tower and some diff gear milling and pivot ball screw drilling should get the weight down to something pretty respectable without losing anything (tower optional) i think i am going to also go to plastic rear uprights. with some luck might get it down to under 7 and a half pounds.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I do not like them, as I am used to just the 1 that the Losi 8 uses.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I use the K-fatory super hardened hinge pins which have a flat head screw instead of the hex which i like better cause i started to round the hex heads from taking them out all the time
Old 11-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

My kit jsut arrived and im a little confused with the toe blocks. The front kickup blocks and rear toe block i get but the others im having problems with, the 2 different numbers on most of the block is confusing.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm guesing you are reffering to some of the rear toe blocks? Just use ones with only 1 number; 2, 2 1/2, 3.....The ones with a number on the left side of the block are additional anti-sqaut, which are rarely used...
-Steve
Old 11-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Ok Thx man.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nitro enthusiasts who want to join the brushless revolution can now convert their 1/8th- scale nitro buggy to electric powered using the Novak 1/8th-scale Conversion Kit. Kits are available for various models of Kyosho™, Mugen™ and Ofna™ vehicles, and include all of the necessary components to convert it to brushless power.

Nitro customers who have never run brushless will now experience longer run times, minimal maintenance, low-end torque and control and incredible top speed.

The Novak Conversion Kit is compatible with the Novak #3020 and #3021 HV High-Voltage Brushless Systems, and is available individually or as a combo kit with these systems. The kit includes a Motor Heat Sink and Motor Mount specifically designed for the Novak 550-size HV motors; Two Battery Boxes for dual 2S Li-Po packs or dual 6-cell Ni-MH packs; and a Steering Servo Mount (replaces dual servo mount set-up as the mechanical brakes and brake servo are no longer needed). Kit includes all the necessary Hardware to complete the conversion.
More info
Old 11-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
Nitro enthusiasts who want to join the brushless revolution can now convert their 1/8th- scale nitro buggy to electric powered using the Novak 1/8th-scale Conversion Kit. Kits are available for various models of Kyosho™, Mugen™ and Ofna™ vehicles, and include all of the necessary components to convert it to brushless power.

Nitro customers who have never run brushless will now experience longer run times, minimal maintenance, low-end torque and control and incredible top speed.

The Novak Conversion Kit is compatible with the Novak #3020 and #3021 HV High-Voltage Brushless Systems, and is available individually or as a combo kit with these systems. The kit includes a Motor Heat Sink and Motor Mount specifically designed for the Novak 550-size HV motors; Two Battery Boxes for dual 2S Li-Po packs or dual 6-cell Ni-MH packs; and a Steering Servo Mount (replaces dual servo mount set-up as the mechanical brakes and brake servo are no longer needed). Kit includes all the necessary Hardware to complete the conversion.
More info
Interesting.

Do you have any in depth info on the conversion such as, weight, run times for high end Li-Po, how complete is the kit, etc? Also, where can a person get the complete conversion kit?

Tony (Tony's Screws), is this the conversion you are experimenting with? If so, how is it working?

I was looking at selling my MBX5R and racing truggy class only, this may change my mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.