Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX5R

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think the OS .28 case is stronger than the .21 which can break in bad crashes.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

When I last checked, the Speed and new OS ninja had the same big bore, short stroke displacement. A .28 case would just need a smaller bore to remain the same. And yes the VSpec should be the same bore and stroke also. As for the Sirio, its cheaper for me than the OS Ninja right now.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

they were after case VOLUME, thats why the .28 case. saved time and money .
Old 04-13-2008, 02:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Our Mugen factory driver here in Australia (Wayne Walker) has been running the new JX engines for a few months now. I've seen these things go and their weapons! Wayne said to me that their alot more powerful then the old ninja MRT's. I just picked up a my new JX with pipe and the finish is very good! The new pipes are very large! I cant wait to run it in. Also the motor isn't heavier because of the .28 block. I weighed the motor against a sirio and Picco and its lighter! Wayne also recommends the long header. It increases bottom end with no effect to the top.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi PACE,

juz wondering, did Wayne use the C-shaped or U-shaped manifold?

my LHS has the U-shaped one only.
apparently he heard from Kenji Osaka that the U-shaped manifold gives more bottom end to mid whereas the C-shaped one has a smoother powerband and more top-end..
and all the Japanese Mugen drivers are using the U-shaped manifold only..

btw, tell Wayne that Andrew from Singapore sends his regards!
I'm a close friend of Andrew and I also met Wayne at Mugen Cup in Pattaya last year..
Old 04-14-2008, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by n.e.r.d
Hi PACE,

juz wondering, did Wayne use the C-shaped or U-shaped manifold?

my LHS has the U-shaped one only.
apparently he heard from Kenji Osaka that the U-shaped manifold gives more bottom end to mid whereas the C-shaped one has a smoother powerband and more top-end..
and all the Japanese Mugen drivers are using the U-shaped manifold only..

btw, tell Wayne that Andrew from Singapore sends his regards!
I'm a close friend of Andrew and I also met Wayne at Mugen Cup in Pattaya last year..
Hi Mate.

Wayne told me he only uses the C-shaped manifold. He tried the other one but it took bottom end away and didn't seem to give anymore top.

Me and Wayne do alot of racing together in Australia. His a great guy and also loves to help you. We have our national titles here in 2 weeks. It'll be my first meeting with the new JX so i'll let everyone know how it goes. So far Wayne seems very pleased with them so im sure it'll be a power house.

Oh and i told wayne about your friend Andrew. He remembers giving him his setup after the final.

Cheers
Old 04-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ask wayne if has an old msr 1005. try it same bottom and topend pulls to infinty.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmperformance1
ask wayne if has an old msr 1005. try it same bottom and topend pulls to infinty.
How is this pipe? I heard some say it awesome and some say it was the worse. I have seen a newer pipe. I think it was a MSR 1001 on a Nova 21-7BT JP black and it had very good power from bottom to top. I could be wrong and it may have been the 1005.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

What clutch bearings do you guys use on the stock Mugen clutch (ceramic or regular; metal-/rubber-sealed or dual shield)?

How do you treat them (oil, grease, none)?

The stock Mugen clutch bearings are five times the price of ProTek (A Main) or Advantage (Carolinas), but I think the Mugen ones hold up quite a bit.

Thanks a lot,
Frank

Last edited by Starter box; 04-17-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

I use Protek metal shielded bearings for the clutch. I use them until they fail, or until a Main race, whichever comes first. 99% of the time, it's the main that comes first. I just throw them away and put new ones in.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi!can someone post a complete set up for the mbx5r?i run in medium track,with medium traction and medium surface.any help please!
Old 04-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Starter box
Hi,

What clutch bearings do you guys use on the stock Mugen clutch (ceramic or regular; metal-/rubber-sealed or dual shield)?

How do you treat them (oil, grease, none)?

The stock Mugen clutch bearings are five times the price of ProTek (A Main) or Advantage (Carolinas), but I think the Mugen ones hold up quite a bit.

Thanks a lot,
Frank
Originally Posted by jaylude22
I use Protek metal shielded bearings for the clutch. I use them until they fail, or until a Main race, whichever comes first. 99% of the time, it's the main that comes first. I just throw them away and put new ones in.
Agree with this one cheapest bearing you can get and change them often , especially before a big main don't think it matters as the amount of alloy coming off shoes etc will get into any bearing as well as the heat pretty much cooks them as well
Old 04-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

The mugen clutch bearing last forever with no maintenance. I had around 10L on a set without changing them and I could still put them back in now.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bearings that SPIN FOREVER and feel Uber smooth are ushally on there last legs...A little heat and Guarenteed they will grenade....at 1$ a peice i dont see why guys make such a big deal about swapping them out....i Would only HOPE u guys are maintaining ur clutch's throughout these 2-3-4+ gallons some guys "claim" to get on there bearings.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys

If you are after bearings give this Guy a try. He has just started to stock bearings.

http://www.plaig.com.au/store/produc...roducts_id=318

He is a really good friend of mine and his service is of a very high standard. feel free to contact him to get a price and shipping.

Regards

Tim Nicol (obmit)

Tell him I sent you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.