Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree46Likes

RC10GT2 thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 09:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MotorcityMadman
Hello, Freefallmarine and Keith, that was me who posted that, I am surprised that they were sold? I will try and see if they still have them, I remember when I asked about them at the store, they said they do not have them too, but I was looking at the boxes above their heads? If I have any success, I will PM you! I am not interested in them, I already have 2! Too bad you are looking now, about 2 months ago, Yokeman just sold his, now that was a very nice truck with tons of extras!
I am about to paint 2 bodies and modify(what I call my cheater truck, it has a OS .18 tz motor), was working on it last night.
Thanks Motorcity, it would be great to find one!
Old 06-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello, Freefallmarine and Keith, that was me who posted that, I am surprised that they were sold? I will try and see if they still have them, I remember when I asked about them at the store, they said they do not have them too, but I was looking at the boxes above their heads? If I have any success, I will PM you! I am not interested in them, I already have 2! Too bad you are looking now, about 2 months ago, Yokeman just sold his, now that was a very nice truck with tons of extras!
I am about to paint 2 bodies and modify(what I call my cheater truck, it has a OS .18 tz motor), was working on it last night.
Motorcity, you sir, are Awesome!! Thank You for the head's up of that hobby shop. I called and they told me they didn't have any.. Now I know to tell them to look up!! Thank You for helping us locate these rare gems!!! Keith, give them a call!
Old 06-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Whats getting harder to find is a .12 motor for our trucks! Almost all .12 offroad motors are gone and only the highly priced on road motors are left? I did find a hobby shop that had an old OS .12 CZ-Z new in the box, As I call it the original Stadium truck motor! I have 2 old ones and a CV-R, hated that motor, had a boat anchor for a cooling head, I put a Odonnel head on it!

Lucky I have a couple new ones and quit a few used ones! One I would like to try again was a Dynamite .12 PD(paris dished) that was moddified by Ron Paris!!!
Ok, first off...Paris motor in GT2 = Must have a video!!! And replacement battery box's!!!! Those little .12's are hard to find...And to find one with a SG crank and a rotary carb, is like being Indiana Jones! But there floating around out there. I've alway's like the OS TG. Now they have a TG2 with a SG crank, and ill use my original rotary carb from the first gen in it.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freefallmarine
Ok, first off...Paris motor in GT2 = Must have a video!!! And replacement battery box's!!!! Those little .12's are hard to find...And to find one with a SG crank and a rotary carb, is like being Indiana Jones! But there floating around out there. I've alway's like the OS TG. Now they have a TG2 with a SG crank, and ill use my original rotary carb from the first gen in it.
I know, I should put that old Paris motor back in! But I love my Novarossi's! I have a Top version, 2 mugen versions(1 new in box) and a HPI version(new). I am trying to get the OS cz-z for my friend, he needs to keep his UH Hum Losi XXX-nt going!
Old 06-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

What would you estimate the value of an assembled, but never run FTGT2 to be?
Old 06-25-2015, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NutDriver
First, I personally would not sell it, never be able to get another one!
I would look at Ebay and the classifieds here on RCtech. Is it complete or a roller?
Old 06-25-2015, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NutDriver
I would start at $200 and work from there. But that's not accounting, Who built it, and the quality of the build. ex Newbie or Seasoned r/c'r.
Are you the buyer, or seller?
Old 06-28-2015, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Has anybody put the aluminum rear hubs from the T4.2? When I did, the stock CVD would not allow my suspension to fully travel, the bone would hit my diff and stop the traveling? Do I need the T4.2 CVD bone, is it shorter?

Thank you for any help!
Old 07-02-2015, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Wishing my GT2 Family a Happy Upcoming 4th!!! If your out racing, or spending time with Family and friend's Have a Great Time!!! And Please,, Have some Red, White, and Blue on!!!! Semper Fi !!!!!
Old 07-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hey guys! Its been a while, finally dug out the GT2 and ran her for bit today. I saw some conversations regarding .12 engines and being hard to find...

The new Nova REX .12 http://www.rex-usa.com/REVENGE-12-ON-ROAD-REVENGE12ON.htm

Plus a Lunsford carb adapter for OS carbs might be a good combo.. I still have a hoard of Dynamite .12 and a OS cvr to go through. But may try one of these soon.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Who needs a .12????? Once you go THUMPER you will never go back!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Hey guys! Its been a while, finally dug out the GT2 and ran her for bit today. I saw some conversations regarding .12 engines and being hard to find...

The new Nova REX .12 http://www.rex-usa.com/REVENGE-12-ON...EVENGE12ON.htm

Plus a Lunsford carb adapter for OS carbs might be a good combo.. I still have a hoard of Dynamite .12 and a OS cvr to go through. But may try one of these soon.
Originally Posted by ehames005
Who needs a .12????? Once you go THUMPER you will never go back!!!!!!
I was just stating that .12 OFFROAD engines are hard to find and getting harder! The onroad engines are still out there, but at a much higher price, I've never tried an onroad .12 engine and probably would do fine? But the cost of a onroad .12 motor is $200 plus! I miss the days of O.S .12 CZ-Z and CV-R's ( well not the CV-R and that boat anchor of a head(red block head)) cost's of these were about $100. I sold my last NEW CZ-Z to a friend, still have a piston and sleeve for it, but now I can not get them anymore. I know I can get some OS piston and sleeves, but they are ABC(aluminum brass and chrome) but those old motors were ABN (aluminum brass and nickel). I would need to check on the bore and stroke and positioning of the pin(sleeve position pin) and the ports? It MIGHT work???

Lucky for me I have for my 2x GT2's and my old Losi GTX/NXT motors!
Here what I still have left!
1) 2x mugen/novarossi's MT12 1 new (in box) and 1 in my racer GT2
2) 1 OS .18 TZ in my cheater GT2, (named it a cheater only because of the motor size)
3) 1x TOP/novarossi rebuilt .12 in my LOSI GTX
4) 1x HPI/novarossi .12 side exhaust, new in box, but ready to drop in.
5) 1x old OS CZ-Z .12, have a new piston and sleeve for it.
6) 1x half life left in it OS CV-R with an Odonell Head (NO boat anchor head).
7) and my shelf queen a RON PARIS modified Dynamite PD .12 #0147 ( PD = Paris Dished) I ran this motor but was not pleased with it, so I took it out early? I talked to Ron (before he passed) and he told he was not happy about it, as Dynamite did not follow the specs he gave to them to build the motor, he did not go into detail? I (still) own about 4 modified .21 Paris Picco's!
So I think I am still set on motor's????
Old 07-06-2015, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Plus I wanted to share, I had my GT2 going this weekend!!!! I took out the Cheater, last time (4 years ago) I drove it I was having problems tuning it! I was chasing the tune all over the place, which told me it was a air leak? changed all the tubing, checked the carb, back plate nothing??? Well I finally noticed it, the fuel tank's stone and tubing inside the tank shifted?? it was still picking up fuel at the stone, but because the tubing was slightly off it was sucking air when the gas got lower! A tuning nightmare! I noticed on my new tank they have 3 little pins to stop the stone from moving around. I must have had a older tank?
Well I am happy to say, I got to run it flawlessly all weekend, only lost a body clip! I like my 1/8th nitro buggy's, BUT my 1/10th nitro stadium trucks ALWAYS make me smile from ear to ear! Such a blast to run every time!
Old 07-20-2015, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

I have a few .12 motors I would like to get rid of.
1 NIB Dynamite Platinum .12RE
1 Used Dynamite Platinum .12RE
1 used OS CVR

Message me if you are interested. Just too much stuff laying around that I do not use.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wrightcs77
I have a few .12 motors I would like to get rid of.
1 NIB Dynamite Platinum .12RE
1 Used Dynamite Platinum .12RE
1 used OS CVR

Message me if you are interested. Just too much stuff laying around that I do not use.
Bring that gt2 and those motors up to lsrcc chill on the hill in october. We still run them for that race. I just scored one and am rebuilding it. Has the ae .15 and i am looking at finding a .12.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.