Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Going back to the steering post 'posts'... I havent broken the lower but I am concerned now that it may end a race for me.

I wonder if this Thunder Tiger setup would work... need to see if someone can measure it up for me.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

In the instruction manual it says to adjust the servo saver nut to 6MM.
Is this correct?
The first day out with mine I broke a thick plastic servo arm bent an aluminum one and broke the lower half of the saver.
I had a spare for my buggy so I threw it on and set the nut at 3MM then the steering felt mushy to me but it didnt break in the 20 min main.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Initiate

At 6mm I bend aluminum servo arms. At most I adjust mine to between 4-5mm.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Originally Posted by dahlelama
Going back to the steering post 'posts'... I havent broken the lower but I am concerned now that it may end a race for me.

I wonder if this Thunder Tiger setup would work... need to see if someone can measure it up for me.

You Have to race it first before you get concearned! I am joking. I watch him race his truck at our Trophy race. It did pretty good But i did notice he was taking it easy. He should of stomped everyone.

See you in 2 weeks Erik CEN Verses CEN!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slo1
In the instruction manual it says to adjust the servo saver nut to 6MM.
Is this correct?
The first day out with mine I broke a thick plastic servo arm bent an aluminum one and broke the lower half of the saver.
I had a spare for my buggy so I threw it on and set the nut at 3MM then the steering felt mushy to me but it didnt break in the 20 min main.
You need to set your EPA I can tighten my servo saver all the way with no problems. I broke the bottom part of the servo saver once, but since I set my EPA the right way I haven't broken another one since ( 4 months and counting ) an I have my servo saver tight and I'm useing the Hitec 5955 TG (333 oz of toque)
Also lube your servo saver pipe with Dry Ice or any teflon lube, you will be amazed
Old 05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

what pistons come stock in the rtr arena's shocks? also my rear shocks have the short shock end on them, is this a mistake?
Old 05-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

its not really a mistake, you dont have to run the long ones, but it gives you more down travel if you do, for a smooth blue groove track, you might be better off running the short ends,

I'm not sure on the pistons, but you should be able to tell by which ever ones are in the packages included? if there is a set of 1's and 3's, then its got 2's in them?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks a lot bob
Old 05-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odoylrulz
what pistons come stock in the rtr arena's shocks? also my rear shocks have the short shock end on them, is this a mistake?

We could'nt run the short ends. On landing the axels can come out of the outdrives and cause some major problems.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

your not suppsoed to land on the flat , I never thought of that actualy, i was just going off a guy that ran the truck here, he had short ends on the front and rear, and he didn't have any problems, the truck was also brand new thgouh, and the jumps were all very well built so we never landed on the flats, always on the downside,
Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

These were just some of the drivers using Cen's at the Alabama Indoor classic
Old 05-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Kyle Sokol TQ'd round 1 of the RC Pro FL Series last weekend. Tony Pattishall qualified 2nd. There were 4 CEN TR Arena's in the A-main
Old 05-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

That picture is pretty cool with all of the Cen trucks. We have our first nitro race of the season this weekend. I will be using it mostly as practice to find a good setup. In just a few weeks my club track will be hosting a Wisconsin Pro Series Race. I want to have my Matrix dialed in.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Hope everyone is well.

I actually got a not so important idea today. I am actually curious as to what the TR drivers are using for power.

This is a question I have for you guys:

1) How many of you are powering your TR with a .28? .21 guys chime in as well please, and in addition to your powerplant of choice, please list your pipe combination. Any other size engine qualifies as well, just list whats in your truggy.

I know what a few of you on here are running, but for those that haven't listed please just post away. I've only seen a few .21 powered TR's but I am real curious as to how many are running it.

For those that are also curious about what I'm running, the Radical 628. A ton of torque but the motor can still rev. If you check out a recent Xtreme Mag with the TR motor, Skinny had the motor dynoed and you can see that the motor is not your typical big block, the 628 can rev quite a bit
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For the bigger races we are going to we will be running a V Spec .21 with the red insert and a T 2050 pipe. All kinds of power but great on fuel mileage. We love it. For club racing we are running the .26 Sportwerks motor. We have just finished breaking it in. The .26 so far cant hold a candle to the .21 yet. The sportwerks motor gives up on the straight ways so I am thinking of changing clutch bells.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.