Search

Team Associated 1/8 scale Buggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
New plate.

What about the "newest" design Maifield and the team has been testing ( they ran it at neo) with it giving them more droop? What about that setup? Did this one work better or is this it?
Easy, its called an MP9 frontend. That is the latest thing i heard they are doing, basically putting the MP9 TKI2 frontend on a custom built chassis.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragracechief
You do not need the new outdrives they are just lighter.
The Kyosho springs are just a tuning option.
I understand the springs are a tuning option. I guess my questions is, why are they using the Kyosho and not the AE springs. What's special about the Kyosho springs.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
Easy, its called an MP9 frontend. That is the latest thing i heard they are doing, basically putting the MP9 TKI2 frontend on a custom built chassis.
Not true, basically all they have done is change the shock towers and removed the risers to make the shocks more vertical. Everything else on the front end is still basically the same RC8 parts. The chassis is a BCE unit.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bburns
I understand the springs are a tuning option. I guess my questions is, why are they using the Kyosho and not the AE springs. What's special about the Kyosho springs.
Not sure whats special about em, I have the Kyosho's on mine and plan on running them tomorrow, will try to back to back them with the AE springs and see if I can tell the differance.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dragracechief
Not sure whats special about em, I have the Kyosho's on mine and plan on running them tomorrow, will try to back to back them with the AE springs and see if I can tell the differance.
Ok Ty very much. I run a rc8be and I plan on trying the upgrades. Just trying to get some advice about them. This stuff isn't really talked about on the electric thread.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Initiate

The kyosho springs are being used as they have a different rate to the associated springs and i believe are also slightly shorter than the AE ones.

The 'new' carbon towers have the same geometry as the ali towers, just with the ali towers shall have to run a longer shock end to get the droop that has now been built into carbon tower has without having to use longer ends.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Ok Ty, is there anything else I will need to buy to put the new chassis, swaybar and suspension kit on my rc8be?
Old 05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
Whats the difference in the steering posts?
They're aluminum. About half the weight of the original steel posts.

I got to drive the new parts this weekend, and the car is MUCH better. It feels really plush and lands jumps a lot more solidly.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Got to run my buggy today although our track was not 100% completed due to the rains we've been having and having not driven an R/C car in 6 months I was impressed. Using my own version of the new towers along with modified arms and using the light blue Kyosho springs the buggy felt very stable and smooth and this was with the original chassis, the longer chassis should make it even more stable. Now if I could just get my driving up to par I will be a happy camper. With the track as it was and being a completely new layout and not having driven in such a long time I wasn't able to do much testing but that will come. Have a BCE chassis coming too so that will be another learnig curve so didn't want to go crazy with setups yet. All in all very happy so far.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hemi Killer
Are the new out drives necessary to use these new arms and stuff?
You do not have to use them. The fronts are identical, just lighter. The rear cups are shorter so that you can run more droop without the drive cup interfering with the drive shaft (in addition to being lighter).
Old 05-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

those of you that have ordered the BCE, did you get any response as to how long it would take to get it? I've heard horror stories of months of waiting, but understand Bill had some problems.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz
those of you that have ordered the BCE, did you get any response as to how long it would take to get it? I've heard horror stories of months of waiting, but understand Bill had some problems.
chassis ships within two days of ordering, all the issues he has had are gone, they are in stock...
Old 05-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xxxtcr
chassis ships within two days of ordering, all the issues he has had are gone, they are in stock...
Thats good to hear, not because I ordered one but because its never good see someone having the issues he's had.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

I ordered the BCE Worlds X chassis on 4/7 and received it on 4/30, too late for the race I wanted to run it at. If you can wait for the BCE, go for it, but I would suggest waiting for the AE chassis.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Steve Nelson
I ordered the BCE Worlds X chassis on 4/7 and received it on 4/30, too late for the race I wanted to run it at. If you can wait for the BCE, go for it, but I would suggest waiting for the AE chassis.
Hi Steve Glad to hear you got it, we did get a massive rush Early April
so we did get into a small delay with the demand, and not to mention
the weather delivery issues have been pretty bad for the back East guys.
We have a double batch running now, as to keep up with current
orders. Em if you guys need any other info Thank you
BCE World X.... BCESPEED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.