Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated 1/8 scale Buggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ConciliumDesign
"I like piiigs feeet!"

I wish you was asleep right now. hit you upside the head and make you take out that garbage.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
ok so here's some bonehead stuff...

I went to put new caster bushings in my car this morning, and I realized i'd had them totally mismatched and apperently i've been doing it for a while. For some reason I thought that when you buy them in the little bag from associated, there were 3 sets of 16 degree... i don't have a matching set of anything.... front 18 back 14, front 18 back 16... and so on. I have the upper link set for 16 degree, so that has remained constant. I've noticed over the last few races that it didn't turn the same way left as it did right. This might be why, cuz everything else about the setup is on the money.

I'm gonna try and find a fresh set of 16 degree inserts at the track tomorrow (the shop is out of them). If the upper link is still in between the 2 cone washers, it's basically a 16 degree setting, with osme binding on the bottom, right?

i just want a set that matches
just because you are using 16 degree inserts doesn't always mean the ball link should be in the middle between the two washers. For example if you run 2 up kickup, this will angle the caster block back and you will most likely need two washers behind the link, if you run 2 down it will be one on each side. The best way to determine is to get the right inserts in there then just lower the uppr link into the caster block and see where it falls ten space accordingly, it's better to put it where it mechanically needs to be rather than where the book says for it to go. Make sense. It should sit right against the front of the caster block with 2up, at least mine always do.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
I'm having some trouble with the screws and bushings staying tight in the caster block. I've put locktite on them and they still seem to fall out. Anyone else have these issues? On my old rc8 I never had this issues. In fact, they never came loose at all. Whats up with this one?

Thanks
Dylan
Here is what I do and have never had one back out on me since. With the bearings out of the sterring knuckle, I put enough locktite on the threads to coat completly, blow in the holes to remove excess locktite, wipe the excess out of the inside of the knuckle as to not get the locktite in bearings, replace bearings and install the knuckles into the carriers, they will not go anywhere once the locktite dries. Just besure to get the triangle part in the recessed part of the knuclkle and make sure there is enough locktite to cover threads completly. 2 race seasons and not one has come lose at all.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I need some help. I just upgraded the shock pistons to go in my AE big bore shocks. Which way do the shock pistons go on. The flat side up, or the flat side down?
Old 07-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by bevofrancis
I need some help. I just upgraded the shock pistons to go in my AE big bore shocks. Which way do the shock pistons go on. The flat side up, or the flat side down?
flat side up
Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
flat side up
Thanks again Quad, your the man.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Nice RC8B Forsale!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...om-bodies.html
Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by bevofrancis
Thanks again Quad, your the man.
no prob. See ya at the fair race! I can't wait!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Has anyone played with the foam compensator in the RC8B shocks? I remember something about it long ago. How are you guys running them now? Mine are set with 1/2 rebound now.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
Has anyone played with the foam compensator in the RC8B shocks? I remember something about it long ago. How are you guys running them now? Mine are set with 1/2 rebound now.
1/2 rebound, but I was also cutting the center of the bladders out. Just using the outer edge for an o-ring. This mod made the car more relaxed, almost lazy but not always a bad thing. Just easier for myself to drive....
Old 07-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

got those servos in yesterday Joey, wow love em, thanks
Old 07-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SVTHOSER
got those servos in yesterday Joey, wow love em, thanks
Cool thing bro! Let me know if you need any RC8B parts! I'm gathering my whole stock up for sale soon also....

Last edited by JoeyTheRocket; 07-29-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Fuel Tank

I have the original RC8 and just got back into racing last weekend. I have two fuel tanks that were sent to me last spring (2009) to replace two I had cracked around the lid. My engine tune was changing a lot,but never suspected the tanks because I thought they were "fixed". I started browsing this thread and noticed some are using other brand tanks still. Question is, was the tank issue ever resolved or should I be weary of the replacement tanks and also use one from another car. I got one from an 808 that I used while my AE tanks were being replaced by AE.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

I personaly have not had any problems yet(knock on wood), and would probably replace it with the d8 tank its what i've heard people doin.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The 808 tank only requires you to enlarge the body hole. I just hate having to hack on my new body and have a large hole at the fuel tank if its not necessary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.