Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated 1/8 scale Buggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I highly doubt that some little kid from Taiwan is putting them together. They are, however, assembled by hand. My complaint is this..... 1.)half of the fun of this hobby for me is building the cars, 2.)if you didn't build the car yourself, you don't know everything was put together properly, you don't know what fluids are where (and almost ALWAYS the diffs come with grease and not fluid), and if something breaks you have to spend more time figuring out how to put it back together once you've torn it apart to fix it. Again, i won't buy it if it's not in kit form as well. And as far as the kits missing parts, i don't think i've ever had that happen to me out of all the cars that i've built.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Initiate

my .02 are that if you don not know how to put a car together by now after seeing it, you have problems all my cars i did not have manuals for and they went together just fine!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

You can highly doubt whatever you want but how exactly do you think the Losi Truggy is built? The Thunder Tiger/AE might go the same route from the sound of it.

The idea of why the kits are now pre-built is from a reliable source. There are many request for parts that "weren't in the kit" You obviously didn't get "friday afternoon" kits.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

I also have never gotten a kit that was missing parts. I also have never bought a kit that wasn't Associated. Only exception being a FROG in 1987. Yes I'm old.
I also am pretty confident that it isn't a bunch of children hurriedly building cars while a masked goon with a bamboo stick watches over them.
I also would NEVER run a car that was prebuilt without taking it apart and putting it back together. It wouldn't keep me from buying it.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

don't get so dramatic, just realize why the kits come together and that they are built halfway around the world, by hand, and not by business men in sport coats. Thats all. Bamboo?? Thats taking it a bit too far.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I'm all for getting to the track sooner, bring on the pre-builts! If building the kit is so important to some, why not simply take it apart and reassemble it?

Pretty much everything being said about the RC8 being a pre-built was said about the 8ight-T prior to it coming out. The Losi 8ight-T has been a huge success, and the majority of owners only talk about its great handling and aren't complaining about it not being in kit form anymore...
Old 04-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

My point exactly. I don't mind it being prebuilt. If it helps with quality control (and ultimately our cost) it's great. As I said, I see a cost savings on packaging, I hadn't considered the fact that people may try to get free parts by claiming it wasn't in the kit. I'm just naive (and honest).
I just hope they don't go crazy on the Lock-Tite, because I will be reassembling it.
Why is 'bamboo' going too far? Is that bashing an eastern culture or something? I guess I'm not as modern as I thought.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Bamboo is awesome!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Sorry, either way kit, or rtr, you will get calls from customers with issues.., my diff blew out my first day on the track it must have been built wrong, or my shocks are blown out when i got it, or my brakes disks sticks, or linkage is wrong, and on, and on, and on, .. I want to build my own so i cant blame anyone but me if its not rite when im done
Old 04-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=AssocRacer]I highly doubt that some little kid from Taiwan is putting them together.
Hate to burst your bubble, but if they are getting assembled over seas which they are, then yeah, some kid is doing it for like 2 bux a hr,sorry, i dont care who trains them, i still wont trust my kit showing up with the diffs and shocks built feeling like i would want them to and the screws lock-tite'd,. Everyone is different on how they build kits, and does shocks,fills diffs, so, on, and on. A pro kit should be built by the racer, and a rtr shouldnt be..
Old 04-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

But nomatter what i still want one
Old 04-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

So you yank the diffs and the shocks...How long does that take versus building the entire car? Like I said, Building a car is fun and I am all for it. But Associated has been selling #1 products for years and they have a excellent support team. I'm sure any issues that arrise will be handled in a timely manner. As Associated said, They did all the hard work so that the buyer can drop a motor and electronics in and hit the track. And it comes with diff oil, Not grease.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

I have ran AE gear over 5 yrs, and love it, my point is simple, unless i build the car, i have to take it all a part to check everything for lock-tite,building flaws, shock bleeding, over filled diffs, everything, even the small set screw that can be holding in a drive pin to make sure they are secured. AE should offer a kit you can build as well, its that simple. It would take way to long to break the kit all the way down to rebuild it to make sure its the way you want it,
Old 04-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i take mine all apart about every other week at least to perform maintance work on them, cleaning making sure stuff is tight.....should do the same with set screws and all of it.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well heres what i say about this if you dont want to by a prebuilt then dont buy this car then. theres lots to chose from you can get one of those cars and build it your self and have a older not as cool car or you can buy the RC8 and take the little bit more time and go though it and run the piss out of it and have fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.