Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Semple
How do I stop my shock boots from tearing? They seem to last about 4 tanks before a small tear starts.
I use kyosho long shock boots. They are thicker than the losi boots. I've tried the ballons, but they don't last one race.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4123
Old 07-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

gah it's been so long since i've built a clutch are there any tips to put the squeeze on the springs so i can insert the pins a little easier these silver springs are a pain in the @$$
Old 07-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

heya everyone

just wondering if any has taken the 2 screws out of the bottem of the rear chassis brace? i'v done it to mine and it made the car a whole lot better.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vroom88
gah it's been so long since i've built a clutch are there any tips to put the squeeze on the springs so i can insert the pins a little easier these silver springs are a pain in the @$$
Break out your dremel or sandpaper, and "sharpen" the tip of the Clutch pin just ever-so slightly. You don't want to make it a Nail, but you just want to grind the 90deg edge off the pin just a little. It should slide thru the clutch shoe and spring much easier. Sometimes, i still have to get out the big pliers, and squeeze down on the shoe where the spring sits to get that last bit in, but grinding off that edge helps a ton. I can't claim the idea, it came from Casey Peck, and it works great, see below.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-losi-clutch-pin.jpg  
Old 07-11-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by MaTt 93
heya everyone

just wondering if any has taken the 2 screws out of the bottem of the rear chassis brace? i'v done it to mine and it made the car a whole lot better.

...so u have No rear end support ?
Old 07-11-2008, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
this is something jesse robbers did last summer......i assumed it was the precursor to the flex chassis
Old 07-11-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Where are you guy's mounting the voltage regulators? I just got the Losi lipo and losi voltage regulator, and dont know if there is enough room in the batter box for the regulator. Also, what is that connector called that is on the batter, I need to buy the other end to put on the regulator, or can i just put the 2 pin connector into the Z connector?

Sorry, this might sound confusing.

Thanks
Dave
Old 07-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by CRFXXXT
Where are you guy's mounting the voltage regulators? I just got the Losi lipo and losi voltage regulator, and dont know if there is enough room in the batter box for the regulator. Also, what is that connector called that is on the batter, I need to buy the other end to put on the regulator, or can i just put the 2 pin connector into the Z connector?

Sorry, this might sound confusing.

Thanks
Dave

my regulator goes in with the RX...standing up on the servo side.....and I THINK ur talkin about a JST connector.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks for the info on the steering mod. I have a race coming up and I know this has been asked but what other mod and/or things do I need to do it. It is basically a pro-kit (stock) I have the white o-rings. I tried to read back a few pages but I could not find anything. So I figure I would ask again. I thought I read about alum. Steering saver. And as for extra part to keep with you at the track / pit box? Sorry for the rookie question just want to be prepared for the race. I hope?
Old 07-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

i still have the brace on there but just not the 2 screws on the bottem on the bottem of the chassis.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
Two of the fast guys at my local track are sponsored by Horizon and run 8ights. One runs no rear brace and the other rigged a shock to fit where the rear brace would go. It is in order to get more traction.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MaTt 93
i still have the brace on there but just not the 2 screws on the bottem on the bottem of the chassis.

Sorry but i don't understand the benifit of have the brace on the buggy if one end isn't attached to anything Surely you'd be as well removing it completely ?

Rod
Old 07-12-2008, 04:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by big igg
Thanks for the info on the steering mod. I have a race coming up and I know this has been asked but what other mod and/or things do I need to do it. It is basically a pro-kit (stock) I have the white o-rings. I tried to read back a few pages but I could not find anything. So I figure I would ask again. I thought I read about alum. Steering saver. And as for extra part to keep with you at the track / pit box? Sorry for the rookie question just want to be prepared for the race. I hope?
Diff cups if you don't already have the HD cups and rear outer hinge pins. Thats the regular consumable for me! I have spares of everything and could completely build another car and have yet had to use anything since the car came out. Ive cartwheeled, endoed, slammed, hit, every which possible way too.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Lord

it was either here....or in the 8ight Truggy section...but as u can see....the 3 of the right have been cleaned....the 1 of the left has been untouched......I race Every week...so my stuff gets taken apart pretty often....and as i stated....ive tried Multiple differnt kinds of lube....but even with the best stuff ive found for my outdrive's it Still seems to rust up...so ive ditched them and am running nothing and relying on the setscrew alone....i feel if u clean the screw and insert prior to applying loc tite the screw's dont seem to budge.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

A few issues with my shock build on my new kit, its to do with the bottom cap on the shocks. Ive built all the shocks and i tightened all the bottom caps by hand snug and tight and after putting all the boots on there is a 1ml gap between the boot and shock body in each shock is this normal?

Related to this is the shock bottom cap o-ring(part no A5429), in all the shocks i put these in the bottom of the bottom cap first then all the white o-rings and spacers in the shock body then screwed the bottom cap on tight... is that correct? In the manual it has the shock bottom cap o-ring first in order so at first i tried slipping them onto the shock body first but they wont go over the threads very easily and looks like they will get damaged if forced so i put them in the bottom cap first then the rest in the shock body and screwed the bottom cap on. Hope that makes sense heh.

Lastly one of the rear shocks, the spring is rubbing on the shock body threads... i tried turning the spring around, its a little better but still rubbing, any advice?

Thanks for any help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.