Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
ok guys, I need some of your setups. Im have mike thrue's 07 setup on mine right now and its pretty good but it seems a little lazy. Only changes I made to the setup is I have 4-6-2 in the diffs and running the middle hole on the rear hub carrier. Car just doesnt turn very well to me. I want more on power steering and off power steering. Oh yeah I have the I believe 2.1mm front sway bar on it
how old is the buggy, you may just need to replace the f/r drive shafts. After a while when they atart to wear they will bind inthemselves and take away some steering.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default I need help with the shock oil

Hi. I am living in Bogota and I am not able to buy Original oil Shock for my losi 8ight.
Its easy for me buy mugen and associate oils here.
The question is?
How they are compare?
Thanks in advance
Old 05-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

http://www.twf8.ws/php/tip/shock.html

oil charts
Old 05-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone try putting on the new XRAY 808 main gears on the 8ight center diff? I would like to run the 8ight-T gears on my buggy f/r diffs. The 4.3:1 internal ratio coupled with the 43T main gear with a 15T or 16T pinion for some more favorable gear ratios...just wondering if anyone has tried this...

Later,
Old 05-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tdeal823

Great link! Thanks!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

All this gear changing talk seems less important than just driving clean and not getting marshalled. If the car isn't broke, don't fix it.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Geo Y-Rock
All this gear changing talk seems less important than just driving clean and not getting marshalled. If the car isn't broke, don't fix it.
I feel the same way 100%
Old 05-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

After some number crunching, I found that if you use the 13 tooth bell and a 46 Muggy spur, you achieve a nice middle ground between the 13 and 14 clutch bell with the stock spur.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool OK...My response.....

The last guys that thought that was a good idea was Mugen, Kyosho and OFNA. What happened to them when the 8ight came out? You could hardly give them away.
This stuff is outside the box. Associated figured out how to do it. Once everyone else does it are you just going to sit still?
No... you will be in the back of the pack with a car that has a nose that digs into rough stuff while the others are flying through without a care, a gear ratio that is harder to drive and uses more fuel and a servo saver that was not designed right in the first place.
It is broke! Either fix it or move to another car. If you do not you will get passed by.
I can't stand it so I fixed mine and am more than happy with the results. Funny thing is my car is just like the new Xray 808. They saw the issues.
TEX
<---- Not done yet.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Innovation is always accepted 'after' the fact. Some people are just too skeptical or don't realize the great ideas have to come from 'someone'.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I run a 14 tooth clutch bell with a very powerful engine. I feel it's pretty smooth on acceleration. Yes, it could be better. I'll be watching...
Old 05-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tex1
car that has a nose that digs into rough stuff while the others are flying through without a care,
What have you done to correct this?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
What have you done to correct this?

Truggy R+P's and running a Bigger Clutch bell....read back a couple pages and ull see what they are talkin about.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
Truggy R+P's and running a Bigger Clutch bell....read back a couple pages and ull see what they are talkin about.
I understand about the gearing, its the nose digging into the ground that I am indicating.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex1
The last guys that thought that was a good idea was Mugen, Kyosho and OFNA. What happened to them when the 8ight came out? You could hardly give them away.
This stuff is outside the box. Associated figured out how to do it. Once everyone else does it are you just going to sit still?
No... you will be in the back of the pack with a car that has a nose that digs into rough stuff while the others are flying through without a care, a gear ratio that is harder to drive and uses more fuel and a servo saver that was not designed right in the first place.
It is broke! Either fix it or move to another car. If you do not you will get passed by.
I can't stand it so I fixed mine and am more than happy with the results. Funny thing is my car is just like the new Xray 808. They saw the issues.
TEX
<---- Not done yet.

You lost me with the "nose digging" comment. I video taped Truhe at Silver State and his nose wasn't digging into the ground. Matter of fact he beat a couple of Associated cars that weekend. This is an interesting topic and I'm excited to see what Losi will change next. But the proof is in the results. Losi has won a lot of races lately. Saying that the car is broke and getting passed by just isn't true. One thing I'm concerned about with the truggy gears is that the drive train will be spinnning 30% faster to achieve the same speed because of the three less teeth on the pinions in the diff case. It's common to wear the front center cv joint with the stock ratio. This new ratio you're suggesting will put a lot more stress on the drive train. I guess you'll need to keep a bunch of front center bones if you do the switch. Plus, running a different manufacture's clutch bell doesn't appeal to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.