Losi 8ight building and setup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

What secret? That bigger wheels are better?

Bumpy tracks are all about pulling the trigger more slowly. There's no magic fix to make any car float through the ugly stuff, you just gotta keep your momentum up and keep the car straight!

freefallmarine - eHarmony? Macho toy car racers? WHAT?! I'm confused....hahahaha.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Aaron, do you find that driving stadium truck makes you a better 1/8th scale buggy driver? Im thinking about getting a stadium gas truck,and many people tell me it will make a better buggy driver. true or false?
Old 05-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

ABSOLUTELY.

If you can hustle a gas truck around the track, 1/8th scale buggy is a piece of cake.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Aaron, do you sleep?

whats the problem with the rear diff bearing inserts? i have built mine & can not see how this could be a problem.

same goes with the shock stand-offs, can't see a problem.

rear outside hinge pins again can not see a problem, could it be that people are over tightning the hinge pin nut?

are most of these small "issues" caused by abusive drivers?
Old 05-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Hahaha yes, I sleep. In fact, I'm on my way to bed (it's midnight) but I saw there was a new reply.

I really haven't had any durability issues with by 8B or 8T. The rear diff thing I can understand, Losi's aluminum inserts (I think this is what you're referring to?) should pretty much solve that completely. The rear diff in my practice car started floating around a bit but the aluminum inserts fixed it right up.

I bent a couple of the old outer rear hinge pins, I think they're just under a lot of stress with the geometry of the buggy, the wheels have a lot of leverage on the arm. Losi has made a running change to these hinge pins (they're now bigger, and I think a different metal) and should hold up much better.

As for the shock stand-off...are you referring to the shock tower?
Old 05-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

by shock stand-off's i mean the front upper shock retainers ( screws if you like) that go into the shock towers.

so it would seem that the rear bearing inserts are in fact an issue, if only i could get my hands on some.

the new outer hinge pins, are they now titanium?

goodnite
Old 05-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
ABSOLUTELY.

If you can hustle a gas truck around the track, 1/8th scale buggy is a piece of cake.
Alright! It's honey i need a new kit time!! Ill just say cause Aaron Waldron said so! Hope she goes for it.hehe. Thank's again for the replie's Aaron.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Alright, so I didn't go to sleep yet. But I will!

The only problems I've heard about the standoffs (shock bushings? haha) was quite a while ago, and haven't heard anything since.

I don't think the new hinge pins are Ti, but they are definitely bigger around and stronger. The old ones were black, the new ones are a natural metal color.

freefallmarine - Sure, I guess I can take the blame for that one, haha. Just don't bring her to the track to meet me someday!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freefallmarine
Alright! It's honey i need a new kit time!! Ill just say cause Aaron Waldron said so! Hope she goes for it.hehe. Thank's again for the replie's Aaron.
FreeFallMarine- So are you gonna get one now or what? Well I might have an extra engine if you need one. Why dont I send my 1/10 down so you can give it a go and see if you like it?
And what the hell are you doing on eHarmony?? lol!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 02:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Alright, so I didn't go to sleep yet. But I will!

The only problems I've heard about the standoffs (shock bushings? haha) was quite a while ago, and haven't heard anything since.

I don't think the new hinge pins are Ti, but they are definitely bigger around and stronger. The old ones were black, the new ones are a natural metal color.

freefallmarine - Sure, I guess I can take the blame for that one, haha. Just don't bring her to the track to meet me someday!
sweet so i have the new ones (natural metal not black) as well as the new o rings (white)

also have they changed the alloy cluch shoes in the newer kits? reason i ask is mine are blue. they have also included a larger shim that sits behind the flywheel so you can obtain correct play in clutch bell to suit more sg shafts on engines.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

I saw a commercial a couple of days ago about people getting kicked off eharmoney,and i thought that was funny. Here are people who need a dating service and then pay good money to get kicked off.! Damn that would really suck! Its like a good ole kick to the self esteem. Trebor i am going to run stadium truck, why not, Ive got plenty of time between qualifiers and i really think it will improve my driving.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Do you have to put the larger black shim on before putting the flywheel?
Old 05-18-2007, 02:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by freefallmarine
I saw a commercial a couple of days ago about people getting kicked off eharmoney,and i thought that was funny. Here are people who need a dating service and then pay good money to get kicked off.! Damn that would really suck! Its like a good ole kick to the self esteem. Trebor i am going to run stadium truck, why not, Ive got plenty of time between qualifiers and i really think it will improve my driving.
SWEET! But from all the pics it doesnt look like you have much time between quals, looks like you guys are having way too much fun in the RC-mobile.lol. well I sent you a pm.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

at the last RC/Pro we had 4 hours between heat's.I was having fun but i think i should be driving instead. Truggy will put me too close to buggy for its usally right after. Stadium is usally first to go, with monster truck,buggy, truggy. This will allow me more time to work on my car if need be.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Laysander
hey guys can somebody show me a detailed pics and instructions for the throttle/brake servo..im really going crazy with my RTR...i just send back my servo to Losi..and im planning to buy the Hitec 645MG servo..i need all the help i can get..thanks
This is what you want it to look like - this thread has a lot of good pics and info:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_47...26/key_/tm.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.