Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
if you actually read the description on the Losi Starter Box you'd know that it changes from the 8ight B to the 8ight T in 10 seconds

Holy crap I guess I should have read a little further huh?

That is a pretty sweet deal to be able to have one box for both cars.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom yfz
if it is anything like there diff oils - figure about 8 months !!!!
Last word I got was that they have there diff oils, just packaging it up??
Old 03-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tomdav
And to think I just finshed putting together a Mugen Box this week-end
Does any one want to buy it?????
Old 03-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default clutch bell

Nitrohouse.com has some13 tooth clutch bells
Old 03-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default 8ight Setup

I have almost 2 gallons through the 8ight now and could not be happier with it. It is far more capable then I ever will be....I thought I had my steup pretty good, but I just picked up the Team Magic Setup Station and WOW.....talk about being off on my angles! I thought I was at -2 degrees camber in the rear (rpm gauge), but in was at -5.5! I thought I was at -1 degree camber in the front, but the setup station showed me to be at almost -3 degrees! My toe out was a closer to what I thought I had (I thought I was at Positive 1 degree, but I was at zero). I have not had a chance to run him on a track since the setup station, but man, talk about not even being close.....and actually, the car was fast on the track as it was....hopefully the changes will make it even easier to drive fast...
Old 03-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Team Losi fuel gun:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=LOSA99070

Old 03-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gtsum
I have almost 2 gallons through the 8ight now and could not be happier with it. It is far more capable then I ever will be....I thought I had my steup pretty good, but I just picked up the Team Magic Setup Station and WOW.....talk about being off on my angles! I thought I was at -2 degrees camber in the rear (rpm gauge), but in was at -5.5! I thought I was at -1 degree camber in the front, but the setup station showed me to be at almost -3 degrees! My toe out was a closer to what I thought I had (I thought I was at Positive 1 degree, but I was at zero). I have not had a chance to run him on a track since the setup station, but man, talk about not even being close.....and actually, the car was fast on the track as it was....hopefully the changes will make it even easier to drive fast...
So how easy was it to use?????
How did it compare in ease of use ?????
Where did you pick it up at?????
Old 03-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I also have the Team Magic buggy setup station and setup board, and I love it. There are a few quirks though. I will try to get a review up with pics this weekend.

Get yours from racedayhobbies.com/ amainhobbies.com or bmainhobbies.com
Old 03-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I haven't seen anyone comment on this yet, so what's up with Losi oiling both the inner and outer airfilter on the 8b and t??I don't usually oil my outer filter. Is this something that needs to be done on the 8's or should I clean the outer and run it dry??
Old 03-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
I also have the Team Magic buggy setup station and setup board, and I love it. There are a few quirks though. I will try to get a review up with pics this weekend.

Get yours from racedayhobbies.com/ amainhobbies.com or bmainhobbies.com
hehe i sound like such a tool! But thats where I found them being sold.... I actually got mine from motormans old distributing company: phenixdistribution
Old 03-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wlfgnggtr
I haven't seen anyone comment on this yet, so what's up with Losi oiling both the inner and outer airfilter on the 8b and t??I don't usually oil my outer filter. Is this something that needs to be done on the 8's or should I clean the outer and run it dry??
You don't NEED to run it with oil, but it doesn't hurt to do so. The drier/dustier the conditions, the more you'll want to oil the outer filter.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GTB_USER_Erik
So how easy was it to use?????
How did it compare in ease of use ?????
Where did you pick it up at?????
It is very, very easy to use. This is the only one I have used (I wanted the Hudy one, but everyplace is out of stock). I got this from CarolinaRC. I talked to the guy there and he said there was things about the TM one he liked better and some things about the Hudy one that he liked better....so not sure what the differences are (one difference is the book that comes with the TM station is a little pamphlet...the Hudy book looks to be about 56 pages long!) I did have to use washers on each axle (outside the setup station) to take up some space as you could not screw the lock nuts onto the axle enough to make the setup station nice and snug on the axle....overall, I still cannot believe how much I was off with using the rpm camber gauge!

One more thing...the first time I used the station, I did it without fuel in the tank....I thought about that a bit and decided to fill the tank about 1/2 full and do the setup again.....the 1/2 tank of fuel made a difference as well, as I had to tweak my settings a bit....(I figure if I do the setup at 1/2 tank, that is a good compromise). Overall, I am very glad I got this thing (and I am not a serious racer by any means).
Old 03-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Rookie

I will be getting a rtr next week, it requires a 7.2 battery for the spin start.
Can i use a Orion Lipo pack?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gtsum
It is very, very easy to use. This is the only one I have used (I wanted the Hudy one, but everyplace is out of stock). I got this from CarolinaRC. I talked to the guy there and he said there was things about the TM one he liked better and some things about the Hudy one that he liked better....so not sure what the differences are (one difference is the book that comes with the TM station is a little pamphlet...the Hudy book looks to be about 56 pages long!) I did have to use washers on each axle (outside the setup station) to take up some space as you could not screw the lock nuts onto the axle enough to make the setup station nice and snug on the axle....overall, I still cannot believe how much I was off with using the rpm camber gauge!

One more thing...the first time I used the station, I did it without fuel in the tank....I thought about that a bit and decided to fill the tank about 1/2 full and do the setup again.....the 1/2 tank of fuel made a difference as well, as I had to tweak my settings a bit....(I figure if I do the setup at 1/2 tank, that is a good compromise). Overall, I am very glad I got this thing (and I am not a serious racer by any means).
Well it sound like it really makes a differance. I will have to check this out....
Thanks for the reply
Old 03-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anybody really tell the diffrence between the standard pro-line wing compared to the high downforce?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.