Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

from what I've read.....

It's been gathered that after one has ran a few gallons through the 8ight the CVD bones begin to wear, once this happens the suspension doesn't work as it should due to binding and it affects cornering. Replace them, and you should be good to go!

Just a thought... Again I don't have my 8ight yet, but I've read TONS already and that seems to be a common problem for the pushing.. The rear toe plates also seem to help eliminate the push. But the CVD's may be something to look into. Inspect them for wear..
Old 02-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I found the stock clutch set-up to engage too high for my liking.

I stuck with the KHZ 7075 shoes and black carbons, I just went down one on the springs.

I'm running green's on the carbon's and gold on the aluminum shoes.

Overall I got what I was looking for. I still plan on playing around with the M2C shoes - I've heard good things about them.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

CVD bones
I have only ran my 8ight 2 race days. My friend just got his buggy and it has the same issue. I may have ran my buggy with 3/4 a gallon.
Which ones are going bad on the buggy?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyracer
CVD bones
I have only ran my 8ight 2 race days. My friend just got his buggy and it has the same issue. I may have ran my buggy with 3/4 a gallon.
Which ones are going bad on the buggy?
KY, then more then likely this isn't your case. Just thought I'd throw it into the mix. The fronts are what are causing the problems. Just something to keep an eye on.

I'll shut up now lol..
Old 02-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by ioxqq
Is Losi 6 coming out a new improved version?
What does he mean by this. Does he mean that losi is going to come out with a new losi 8ight or is he talking about a motor?
Old 02-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default King Headz Shoes

Hello all. I have been to the King Headz site, looking for some shoes for my 8ight, and the site is not loading properly . I thought you could get some of the 7075 shoes at amianhobbies ? Does any one have a link for a reputible dealer for a couple sets of shoes please
Thanks in advance Erik
Old 02-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi8ight
What does he mean by this. Does he mean that losi is going to come out with a new losi 8ight or is he talking about a motor?
I'm guessing its a communication issue. I dont think he means what your thinking. I'd be mad if they decided to replace the Eight already. I have one on its way - gonna be here probably Wednesday. And probably another for my brother to race. Bought him a RC10GT but I can tell he's a little disappointed because he wants to race 1/8th with me. He's been doing well in school so I figured I'd "sponsor" him. lol
Old 02-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyracer
Thanks for the spring rates.

Setup issues.

I have tried many different things to try and get rid of the onpower push that I am dealing with. The tracks I have been racing on could be some of the issues. (indoor hard packed clay and often getting dusty.)
I was thinking if I stiffen the rear shock spring it could help a little. Now I am running the green spring. If I go to the Black spring could it help keep the weight up front more on power?
The droop is something else I will play with this weekend at the KY state race.
Increase the front sway bar thickness, go to 2 degrees of toe in the rear, decrese front droop or go to tires with less forward bite.

The Losi is a great roller. Where in a corner are you getting onpower push?
Please don't be like my friend and tell me, "It is when I'm on power going into a turn."
Usually exiting a turn is where guys get on power push. Is this correct for you?
Will help if we can.
TEX
Old 02-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GTB_USER_Erik
Hello all. I have been to the King Headz site, looking for some shoes for my 8ight, and the site is not loading properly . I thought you could get some of the 7075 shoes at amianhobbies ? Does any one have a link for a reputible dealer for a couple sets of shoes please
Thanks in advance Erik

www.bmainhobbies.com
Old 02-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by tex1
Increase the front sway bar thickness, go to 2 degrees of toe in the rear, decrese front droop or go to tires with less forward bite.

The Losi is a great roller. Where in a corner are you getting onpower push?
Please don't be like my friend and tell me, "It is when I'm on power going into a turn."
Usually exiting a turn is where guys get on power push. Is this correct for you?
Will help if we can.
TEX
OK I have a couple question. 1-Lets say I am going into a turn with my 8ight and it seems the back wants to swing around to much, What should I do?

2- Lets say when I go and take a turn the rear end just makes my car flip like a traction roll, What should I do?

3- Ok and what Does the word BITE mean.

4- when do I know when I need to adjust droop and toe in or toe out.

Thank you guys so much. I also just wanted to say this is the most helpfull website I have ever been on. Also, why I am asking all these questions is becasuse I am new to 1/8 scale and I would like to know what ever other 1/8 scaler is talking about when talking about there setup's. Thanks you guys soooo much again.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

TEX1- thank you very much. Very well expained. How does it go again? Lol. But thanks apreciate it.
Originally Posted by tex1
As far as clutch shoes go, If you got the 7075 versions they are considerably different than the stock Losi shoes. I would run all 4 7075 shoes with 2 light springs and 2 heavier springs. This will give you a nice smooth clutch feel.
I can't remember the springs off hand but I think Blk on two and Gold on two.
Put them on opposite sides.

The RTR shoes are softer. You can play with those later. I would use a heavier spring on a softer shoe when it is combined with a harder shoe. This would give you less wear when the harder shoe engages early in the engines RPM curve. Then when the RPM gets high enough you get max grab with the soft shoes.

For the RG just get OS 8 plugs. That is a great combo you have with the RG + 2050 pipe. I race with it all the time and never feel out motored. It gets about 8 1/2 minutes of run time.

Let us know how it goes.
TEX
Old 02-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mike Truhe wins The Dirt Nitro Challenge with his Losi 8ight, following up his win in Truggy yesterday with his 8ight-T. Good job Mike!!

Losi 8ight's in the buggy main:
Truhe (TQ) - 1st
Drake - 4th
Waldron - 7th
Amezcua - 10th
Robbers - 11th
Old 02-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by losi8ight
OK I have a couple question. 1-Lets say I am going into a turn with my 8ight and it seems the back wants to swing around to much, What should I do?

2- Lets say when I go and take a turn the rear end just makes my car flip like a traction roll, What should I do?

3- Ok and what Does the word BITE mean.

4- when do I know when I need to adjust droop and toe in or toe out.

Thank you guys so much. I also just wanted to say this is the most helpfull website I have ever been on. Also, why I am asking all these questions is becasuse I am new to 1/8 scale and I would like to know what ever other 1/8 scaler is talking about when talking about there setup's. Thanks you guys soooo much again.
Anybody. I am sorry the first quote I did not mean to do. I think some of you may think I only want TEX to reply to me, but that is not how it is, if anybody can help me I would much appriciate it alot. So if anybody could help me with the questions in this post in the quote above I would really appriciate it alot. Thanks again.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Somebody PLEASE help me fix this damn servo prob. I have burnt up 2 of the 270 servo's that comes on the throttle and I then bought a 590 and put it on the throttle and it burnt out as well.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Topic:
On power push problem Part 2

Tex 1,

My onpower push problem is the mid to exit area of the turn. It is most seen in the larger sweeper turns where entering a more straight away areas of the track. "Parts where more power is applied to the wheels."
The lower speed areas (180 deg. turns) seem to work ok.
I like a agressive steering feel. My buggy is plowing threw the mid to high speed turns. I would much rather for the rear end to feel like it will break loose then to have this push onpower.
Once again the 2 tracks I have raced on are indoor hard packed and later on dusty.

Thanks for any info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.