Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The servo that your freind setup that got 43 minutes of track time. Is that the longest you've gone so far with one servo?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
The servo that your freind setup that got 43 minutes of track time. Is that the longest you've gone so far with one servo?
I wouldnt say the longest amount of run time... The others lasted about 3 race "days" This one went 3 mains at 6mins, one at 10, and another at 15.

Ficsher is one of Losi's top electric drivers... awesome with an 8ight as well.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
Id say the longest amount of run time... The others lasted about 3 race "days"

Ficsher is one of Losi's top electric drivers... awesome with an 8ight as well.
cool, just happy to see another happy customer. Hate to see peeps give up on this awesome car because of this silly servo situation. I think the 8ight is bringing ALLOT of super talented electric racers out of hiding
Old 01-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

has anybody ran two of the khz 6061 shoes along with two of the 7075's? what springs? how did it work?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Although I have bought another buggy and am extremely happy with it. I am keeping my 8 and whatching this thread carefully. Flybywire I really hope your problems are over.

If this servo thing gets solved for most people i will try it again.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
Although I have bought another buggy and am extremely happy with it. I am keeping my 8 and whatching this thread carefully. Flybywire I really hope your problems are over.

If this servo thing gets solved for most people i will try it again.
What did you get, and what are the handling differences?

I hope (and believe) my servo problems are over. Another Losi factory driver that helps me with setups, hasnt had a problem yet either. This car may be just too sensitive to even the slightest error in servo setup.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

has anybody ran two of the khz 6061 shoes along with two of the 7075's? what springs? how did it work?
I do, it works very well. I bought Don's used shoes because the new ones I ordered wouldn't have made it in time for the race. I run them with the softer of the cltch spring sets that come with the kit. They work well with the 21 bf, very smooth.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I bought a CEN Martrix Pro long chassis. It has an OPS motor that easily pulled on my friends P5.I bought it used from a very experienced racer who had it set up very well and he fine tuned it for my driving style. I easily shaved 5-7 seconds of my average at the local track. Next week I am buying one of his short chassis to try it out.

this car is very easy to drive fast, the harder I push it the better it runs.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

I am running 4 KHZ 6061 shoes with silver and green springs and the clutch feels great. Very smooth engagement with minimum wear. Still no problems with the throttle servo at 1 1/2 gallons. I find the more you relax and drive smooth the faster you are with this car. This car reminds me of my Xfactory X-5 in alot of ways.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
Fischer thinks (and so do I, now) that it was the throttle endpoint. I wasnt looking down the venturi when setting the hi-point, rather watching the throttle arm. I'd go until the arm stopped, then back off a click or two. Well, as we all know, on most slide carbs, the arm will pull out past the venturi opening.... Sitting on the bench its not a problem... but at WOT with the chassis flexing, it will be.

Live and learn. He set this one up himself, and its out of his own pit box.. and doesnt want it back until we know for sure that's what the problem was.
Ive come to a simple solution to this servo setup issue. If your servo makes a peep of noise at full throttle its not right."Fix It" At full throttle with slide open, servo should not make a bit of noise and still have some end play when slide is pulled on. As for brake, Well, Brake as little as needed...and thank god we are on the gas more than the brake....LOL
Old 01-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

i removed the entire throttle return spring and cut the cup down.

i use a carb return like the rc pro series requires. a simple rubber band wrapped around the carb. this lets my servo sit with 0 "noise" while sitting at netural. the "noise" at neutral is what results in burnt servos as they are strained constantly not just at WOT. this fixed my servo problem. also the kingheadz servo tray stiffner will take all the movement out of the throttle servo. i am using coreless digital JR 9000S.

and i am running the kingheadz 7075 all 4 4 golds. my track is crcrc so that is the reason for 4 gold. mad traction no loose stuff.

kyle
Old 01-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im about to start building my 8ight and im aware of the shock shaft and piston mistake that is being made. I have been told to spray acetone on the screw and in the threads of the shaft because it has some protected coat on the threads to prevent from rusting,,,,etc. Then hit it with some loctite correct? Just curious if anyone has heard about this scenario, thanks
Old 01-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by weezer23
Im about to start building my 8ight and im aware of the shock shaft and piston mistake that is being made. I have been told to spray acetone on the screw and in the threads of the shaft because it has some protected coat on the threads to prevent from rusting,,,,etc. Then hit it with some loctite correct? Just curious if anyone has heard about this scenario, thanks
That is correct; it says to do this in the manual. Look on page 19. The spray paint can icon next to the screw indicates that the screw needs to be cleaned/degreased. Then apply loctite.

However, I screwed the screw into the piston first, then I put loctite on the exposed threads.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If you open the hole on the piston a little bit, so that it's not an interference fit with the screw, they stay on just fine.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

And in addition to that slightly inlarge piston hole and Put the lock tight in the shaft itself, let sit all day before you put them together. I went a step further and scribed a line in the threads of the screw with a x-acto knife, I know some will say this sounds crazy but I havent had any issues with my shocks and ive changed pistons with out any issues. dont go crazy with it just enough to give the threads a little better bite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.