Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fabulous
I have just purchased an 8ight and would like to know what would be a good starter box to use? Anyone using the Team Magic X5 Turbo? Any Suggestions?? Appreciate the help...

I use the Mugen BII box. It's absolutely perfect for the 8ight. I didn't have to grind the chassis or the starter box wheel at all. After you put the stone guards on the side of the chassis plate, line it up with the starter box. It's much easier than trying to do it after the car has been fully assembled.
http://www.bmainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id=1488
Old 02-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean T Guy
Rod ,
I think Justin wouldnt have changed a thing when he was over here. The BTCC was the place to race when he was here and hopefully he enjoyed it as much as I did.
I believe Justin is racing the Losi over there because thats where the competition is in his part of the world.
I will look for his name in the leaderboards when he starts racing this class again and will not be suprised to see him near or at the top of it.
Good luck Dude and see you at the snowbirds
Sean
Thanks mates for the kind words, the ONLY thing I would have changed about racing in the UK is not doing the nationals the year before the ones we did

Got her broken in today and I left the drivers stand with a smile from ear to ear, car was fantastic
Old 02-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Hey guys

Hey guys I was just wondering if this is a good starter box for the 8ight http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/8453 and do I need to cut the chassis for this starter box to fit the 8ight and if you say it is a good starter box for the 8ight, also what mods do I need to do for it to fit 2-7.2v batteries in it because it says you can only fit a 12v pack and in order to fit 2-2.7v batterie packs in it you need to do your own mods to it. Would anybody know what mods you have to do to it to make 2-2.7v batterie packs work in it is. Thank you guys very much.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use that same starter box and it works great. Im not sure about using a different battery. No modification is needed.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default no

Weezer no modifacation needs to be done to fit 2 7.2v batterie packs instead of one big 12v batterie.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Rookie

I use that Ofna chrome top box too. Works pretty good.

FOr a battery though, I used a Max Amps 10000 MaH 14.8 volt Lithium battery.

Lots of power and lasts forever. I think I have not needed to recharge it in a month. And I go to the track at least 2 - 3 times a week. And, if there is no power at a track, I use the batteryt o power my charger for my tx and rx packs and it still does not run out.

Battery Pack
Old 02-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi8ight
Weezer no modifacation needs to be done to fit 2 7.2v batterie packs instead of one big 12v batterie.
Im not sure about the batteries but I meant no mods to the chasis or wheel has to be done.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

PLEASE!!!!! any advise on what to do to modify a eight rtr to a kit version? hi, i am a rookie to rc and i bought the eight rtr. now that i am 2 months into rc i realize should have gotten the kit but i messed up. well what i really want to know is what the pro kit has that the rtr doesnt ? any tricks or tips will help!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by trebor
PLEASE!!!!! any advise on what to do to modify a eight rtr to a kit version? hi, i am a rookie to rc and i bought the eight rtr. now that i am 2 months into rc i realize should have gotten the kit but i messed up. well what i really want to know is what the pro kit has that the rtr doesnt ? any tricks or tips will help!!!!!!!!!!
Hey man the main diffrences on the kit compared to the rtr is shocktowers,chassis on kit is 7075alum and the rtr is 6061alum but they are the same thickness 4mm, Shocktowers on kit are 4mm and hard anodized and on rtr they are just real thin alluminum, kit comes with a four shoe clutch and the rtr comes with only 2 alluminum shoes but all you have to do is buy 2 more alluminum shoes for the rtr and the hardwear and it will be the a four shoe, hinge pins on the kit are Titanium and on the rtr they are alluminum,Shock caps on the kit are alluminum and the shock caps on the rtr are plastic, there may be some stuff that I forgot but the main things I would buy would be the 4mm alluminum shock towers, hinge pins and the alluminum shock caps and you should be good. Let me know if you need any help or question and I will be happy to see if I can help.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Rookie

where can i get really good aftermarket parts for the eight?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by losi8ight
Hey man the main diffrences on the kit compared to the rtr is shocktowers,chassis on kit is 7075alum and the rtr is 6061alum but they are the same thickness 4mm, Shocktowers on kit are 4mm and hard anodized and on rtr they are just real thin alluminum, kit comes with a four shoe clutch and the rtr comes with only 2 alluminum shoes but all you have to do is buy 2 more alluminum shoes for the rtr and the hardwear and it will be the a four shoe, hinge pins on the kit are Titanium and on the rtr they are alluminum,Shock caps on the kit are alluminum and the shock caps on the rtr are plastic, there may be some stuff that I forgot but the main things I would buy would be the 4mm alluminum shock towers, hinge pins and the alluminum shock caps and you should be good. Let me know if you need any help or question and I will be happy to see if I can help.
The Rumor around here is the new hot setup is to run the rtr chassis along with the pro kit parts. One local racer put this set up together a few weeks ago with 4-6-3 and 30 wt all around and it looked and felt Pretty good..???? He got the setup from Ron Rosseti.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

hi guys newbie needs your help and advice just brought the 8 rtr.I was hopeing to get into raceing with it this year but what i would like to know is ...
1/ what bits do i need to up grade?
2/ in which order? as money is tight until i can prove that i may be good enough to bother spending the money (pointless if im crap) also my nearest club is about hour and a half away and they dont have a full time track .
3/ any other advice you care to offer !
keep up the good work many thanks
ps
4/ dont even know what the colour codeing mean on shock springs and clutch springs
like i said NEWBIE
Old 02-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The only upgrade you should make to the RTR is to go to King Headz or Losi 7075 aluminum clutch shoes, all 4 shoes. The rtr comes with only two shoes installed. Other than that, there are no necessary upgrades. IF you bend a stock shock tower, replace it with the one from the kit. The servos that are included are adequate but 125oz+ servos are preferable for throttle and steering. Good servos make a difference you can notice while driving. Otherwise, there are no upgrades that will actually improve the performance.

Be sure to have an expert (preferably one that has an 8ight) look at your throttle linkage to be sure it is set up correctly and get the correct tires for your track, probably PRoline Crimefighters in M2 compound.

Break in the engine carefully and enjoy.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

hi guys newbie needs your help and advice just brought the 8 rtr.I was hopeing to get into raceing with it this year but what i would like to know is ...
Nothing needs to be upgraded, but tunning it to suit your needs is pretty simple. We'd have to know your local track conditions to be of any help, and even then it comes down to driver preference. Best thing to do is start driving it. Once you get comfortable, and make consistant lap times, you'll figure out what you want to change.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Initiate

cheers for the reply i also forgot to say im from Wales so parts here are not so easy to sorce here as they are in the US .What chargers do you use as i seeem to have 1 each for all my bits are there ones i can get that do all rx/tx/glow start/starter what would be 240volts here not 110

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.