Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by superdave2
if it has the stock 427 motor in it the whole clutch set up is junk i have a muggy with the 427 in it and after about 4 tanks after the break in the whloe clutch deal just fell apart the berings were shot the shoes were gone and the bell was fried and that is the way it came from the factory but after i got a vented bell dynamite shoes and some aftermarket bearing i havent had a single problem with that engine i really like the 427 its got all the power i need and more and its a reliable 1 too after the clutch deal
The reason your clutch was junk was because it was in a Muggy. They have had chronic clutch issues.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

I'm having a hell of a time trying to put my clutch shoes on the losi black flywheel. It seems tighter than the blue. I made sure the hardware fit which it does. Any tricks I feel like an idiot right now as I've tried for 1/2 hour with no luck. I've put many shoes on before. Should I hallow out the bottom holes?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jgtruggy
I'm having a hell of a time trying to put my clutch shoes on the losi black flywheel. It seems tighter than the blue. I made sure the hardware fit which it does. Any tricks I feel like an idiot right now as I've tried for 1/2 hour with no luck. I've put many shoes on before. Should I hallow out the bottom holes?

Thanks for any advice.
Check out the taper that is put on the clutch pins. Use that taper by rotating the pin back and forth to work it through the holes in the clutch shoe. I disliked this when I first started running the Losi, but now I prefer it. Also, after starting the clutch pin through the first hole you need to push the clutch shoe down flat against the flywheel. This way the pin will line up with the rear clutch shoe hole.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

the steel fly wheel is harder to get the shoes on because the spring will not dig into the flywheel any. Easiest way to get them on is wit some non scratch pliers so you can get the holes lined up.

The steel flywheel is going to kill your bottom end in the truck. I would stick with the stock flywheel and adjust with clutch springs.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by air8
Check out the taper that is put on the clutch pins. Use that taper by rotating the pin back and forth to work it through the holes in the clutch shoe. I disliked this when I first started running the Losi, but now I prefer it. Also, after starting the clutch pin through the first hole you need to push the clutch shoe down flat against the flywheel. This way the pin will line up with the rear clutch shoe hole.
The last part is where I'm having trouble. Trying to get the pin in the last hole. I push the clutch shoe against the wheel and move it it small increments but haven't had any luck. I'll be back at it today.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

jgtruggy...did u make the ends of the pins pointy?....using a dremel and putting a SPIKE on the end of the pin makes life 100000X easier when doing a losi clutch....try it ull be suprised.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
jgtruggy...did u make the ends of the pins pointy?....using a dremel and putting a SPIKE on the end of the pin makes life 100000X easier when doing a losi clutch....try it ull be suprised.
Thanks integra. I'll do it when I get home. I was thinkin along those lines but wasn't sure if it would affect my performance.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Just make sure not to remove too much material. Don't want to lose the strength of the pin.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

ttt
Old 04-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by air8
Just make sure not to remove too much material. Don't want to lose the strength of the pin.
Worked perfectly. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anyone have issues with the rear diff bearings, left side? Granted bearings wear out and need regular maint., but it seemed to me that side wanted to let go first on the truggy. I checked the buggy and the same thing only not as bad yet. I plan on putting new ones in, but had hoped to get alittle more out of them. Truggy had about for races and the buggy had a half season on it. When I rebuilt them both for the season they felt fine and I relubed them. I know I should have just replaced them from the start. Kind of a pain to tear down the whole diff just to replace one bearing (since I will have it apart it will be both). Any advice on keeping them as clean as possibile while in car/ truck? I can blow tham out with air, but after that its not an easy place to get in to. Might try some q-tips next time.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Anyone have issues with the rear diff bearings, left side? Granted bearings wear out and need regular maint., but it seemed to me that side wanted to let go first on the truggy. I checked the buggy and the same thing only not as bad yet. I plan on putting new ones in, but had hoped to get alittle more out of them. Truggy had about for races and the buggy had a half season on it. When I rebuilt them both for the season they felt fine and I relubed them. I know I should have just replaced them from the start. Kind of a pain to tear down the whole diff just to replace one bearing (since I will have it apart it will be both). Any advice on keeping them as clean as possibile while in car/ truck? I can blow tham out with air, but after that its not an easy place to get in to. Might try some q-tips next time.

do u have the dirt sheilds ? they help tremendously with keeping the rear end clean.....my truggy rarely needs more then a Bit of air and a toothbrush to knoc off the caked on stuff.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Anyone have issues with the rear diff bearings, left side? .
Not really. I have the rear aluminum bearing inserts on mine. I'd inspect the diff case. Sounds like it is letting the bearing and bearing insert move around.

those lexan dirt shields make a difference. It's good. Just use scrap lexan and shape them to fit. Take the suspension articulation into condiseration too.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

thoes lexan suspension cover things look gay tho.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
thoes lexan suspension cover things look gay tho.

In ur oppinion....Id much rather have a smooth Dirt free rear end...as appose to caking the arms/bones/shocks in Grime.....any racer will know how nice they are to have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.