• 3 Post By Bud
  • 4 Post By Roelof

Kyosho Inferno 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho Inferno 3.0

Hey Guy’s
So coming up on a gallon VP25% through the .21 K.E. Engine, I just bought a connecting rod for it. Thing runs perfect super powerful and never has been over 270 Fahrenheit. Looking for opinions of when I should replace the rod for extra insurance. So surprised with how well the engine runs, the ease of tuning and amount of power from an RTR.

TIA
Old 03-03-2024, 02:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

in a properly tuned engine connecting rods last gallons of fuel. piston and cylinder will typically wear before the rod needs to be replaced. replace the rod only if it's worn out and sloppy. or when you change the piston and cylinder throw it in. you'll know when to change the piston and cylinder cause you won't have compression
Dirtbandit likes this.
Old 03-04-2024, 05:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for the information. I was under the impression the rod would need to be replaced first. Thank you for the replay.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dirtbandit
Hey Guy’s
So coming up on a gallon VP25% through the .21 K.E. Engine, I just bought a connecting rod for it. Thing runs perfect super powerful and never has been over 270 Fahrenheit. Looking for opinions of when I should replace the rod for extra insurance. So surprised with how well the engine runs, the ease of tuning and amount of power from an RTR.

TIA
Temp should be between 225 and 250 degrees. Higher means not enough oil lube. shorter engine life.
Dirtbandit likes this.
Old 03-04-2024, 11:12 AM
Bud
Tech Master

High temps can mean the engine's running a little lean, too. More oil is not always the answer to high temps. If you're not comfortable at 270 a couple clicks on the main needle will help. Anything over 10-12 % oil is probably part of the problem. I'm going to get yelled at for saying that.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:21 PM
Tech Lord

Higher temps can also come from a too hot plug and/or too much nitro content.

Stop the crap about the more oil advise, also too much oil can give a higher temp.