• 2 Post By Roelof
  • 1 Post By 1995 Monster T
  • 1 Post By petersen114

Nitro engine exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 04:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Nitro engine exhaust

Hello all.I’ve been breaking in a new engine in my tmaxx.When I put my exhaust pipe on the engine.I did not have any gaskets.should the exhaust system be sealed?The engine does have a bit of erratic idle but other then that no issue.
Old 06-14-2023, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yea there should be a gasket.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:51 AM
Tech Adept

and another thread for the TMaxxx... are you going for a record?
Old 06-15-2023, 03:38 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by briefer
and another thread for the TMaxxx... are you going for a record?
Yeah, I think so. Beside that, he has a Tmaxx which is a monstertruck and so his questions do belong in another part on this forum.
Old 06-15-2023, 10:09 AM
Bud
Tech Master

What a pleasant bunch you guys are. Way to welcome the new guy. Op, Yeah it should be sealed. The exhaust provides pressure in the tank to make the fuel flow better.
BrettL, token, wely324 and 1 others like this.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Yeah, I think so. Beside that, he has a Tmaxx which is a monstertruck and so his questions do belong in another part on this forum.
but he is asking a nitro specific question, not something specific to a monster truck so he’ll probably find more help here. It prob should be in the nitro engine sub-forum.
token likes this.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:55 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Bud
What a pleasant bunch you guys are. Way to welcome the new guy. Op, Yeah it should be sealed. The exhaust provides pressure in the tank to make the fuel flow better.
Well.... all his topics are basically about the same issue, he can not tune his engine. Several times he was asked to keep it in one topic but somehow he is ignoring that.

To come back to his earlier questions... Yes, no gasket will give a leak. Because some pressure from the exhaust is going to the tank acting as a fuel pump you want the pressure predictable so you can tune the engine to it. With no gasket the vibrations will give a variable leak and so a variable pressure loss to the tank with which you can not get a stable tune on the engine.
Bud and captain america like this.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jakehughes
Hello all.I’ve been breaking in a new engine in my tmaxx.When I put my exhaust pipe on the engine.I did not have any gaskets.should the exhaust system be sealed?The engine does have a bit of erratic idle but other then that no issue.
Thers should be an o-ring between the engine and header pipe for 2.5 and 3.3 engines.. A coupler with zip ties between the header and tune pipe. Stock plastic pipe or optional resonator pipe. No gaskets unless you are not using a .15 Traxxas engine or other brand engines. Use RTV sealant or a gasket. Yes the exhaust should be sealed to pressurize tank.
token likes this.

Last edited by 1995 Monster T; 06-16-2023 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-22-2023, 11:47 PM
Tech Lord

In another topic I mentioned that it is nice to know I have a follower, now it seems you are more like a stalker.

I gave some explanation in this topic, and what did you? I only see some nasty text to me, showing your overpriced T-Maxx and no help.
Old 07-23-2023, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T_MAXX
11,000 post and I bet there all rude. Heres my T maxx pic maybe it can help.
I hate anything Traxxas but I will admit that your's is pretty sweet looking. Honestly you should have made your post on the nitro engine section where you will more than likely get more responses. Some folks get upset some don't it's just the way it is here, but that do have a point to a point. Also download the manual for your truck if you haven't already so you can gain knowledge of your truck w/ out having to ask questions about certain aspects of the truck. Not saying you shouldn't ask questions here but something basic like what you asked is something you should have known already. Not nagging but it is a mechanical device that requires a self knowledge base and believe it or not will make the hobby much more enjoyable. Having exhaust gaskets is a common sense thing but I do understand some folks aren't too mechanically inclined when it comes to rc cars and how they work mechanically. Again I'm not preaching here just giving info.
Bud likes this.