Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
best setup for beginner >

best setup for beginner

best setup for beginner

Old 09-16-2021, 04:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default best setup for beginner

Hi, i just bought a onfa ultra lx2 in bad shape and i want to do a project with it. I'm not familiar with rc car but i'm good in mecanic. Can i have your preference for carburator, motor, exhaust, shock, etc... Can you also write your website that you use to buy parts for your car. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2021, 02:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t.r18
Hi, i just bought a onfa ultra lx2 in bad shape and i want to do a project with it. I'm not familiar with rc car but i'm good in mecanic. Can i have your preference for carburator, motor, exhaust, shock, etc... Can you also write your website that you use to buy parts for your car. Thanks!
Are you sure it's an LX2? OFNAs get wrongly identified all the time. Can't count how many times someone had an Ultra GT or LX Pro and said it was an LX2.

You're going to find that parts are a lot harder to get for that, no matter what OFNA it is. Was really easy to get all kinds of parts but not anymore.

Parts are still findable though on Ebay and RC Willpower.

RC-WillPower

But assuming you do have the LX2, it's a decent car for the price. I have two of them and several other OFNAs.

Because it's kinda heavy, you'll want an engine that people usually use in a truggy. I tried a 3 port .21 for a while and I really didn't like it.

I now have a Werks B5 in mine and rips like a muscle car. My other LX2 has a Picco Blast .28

Old 09-17-2021, 02:25 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by t.r18
There is a search function on this forum as on any forum.....
If you use that you can seacht to the many "what is the best" topics about engines, radio's, setup, tires etc, etc, etc......
Old 09-17-2021, 07:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Perfect thank you for your help
Old 09-18-2021, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

The LX2 was ok out of the box. There were some issues with durability as far as the gear boxes having the arm pivot blocks molded together as one piece and to was heavy. I still have a new one and a ton of xtra parts. Spends all of it's time packed away in a box. Also the white springs sucked.