Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree451Likes

Mayako

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by atpracing
Pricing aside, there is A LOT more to the program then just price.

There is “NO” other brand offering the access to information and support in the industry.

Mayako is a community of people around the world, not just an RC brand
Can you describe this “A LOT” a bit more precisely, please. I find it difficult to understand what this is supposed to be.

What exactly is the benefit you get when you become a member?

What are this informations a member get who customers of other brands not get?!
I mean you have to pay for this benefit every year.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

LOL you keep digging. There is NO hate or issues in the community. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂
I'm speaking as I find. No one would really expect to hear super positive comments about the car yet, other than from those who actually have their hands on them and are in a position to say what's great about it.

Some comments say the car looks fairly derivative, but then that's far from hateful.

Some customers bought cars and subscriptions and wanted to get refunds for both when the car was unavailable. They mentioned this here on RCTech and other forums where it was subsequently brought to light, here, on this thread.

Enquiring about something and discussing it like sensible grown-ups is the whole point of a discussion forum - the very essence of what an RC community is all about - something that JQ is trying to re-image and move into the future with his car and subscription service.

How is it that simple, honest questions to real issues - regardless of whether they've already been addressed - be met with arms thrown in the air? Which funnily enough, is one of your favourite emoji?

I've been nothing but positive towards JQ and his videos, his dry sense of humour and happen to agree with some of his concepts. His Mayako car is an interesting idea - the subscription system 'might well prove to be the future' as I've already said.

There's nothing wrong wanting to find out what happened to the customers wanting a refund on the subscription. It is a legitimate question, asked in exactly the right setting - a forum.

I haven't romped around telling people what they should or shouldn't be doing here - or what they're 'allowed' to ask without being accused of 'hate crimes'. Or the thread being 'bullshit'.That kind of behaviour would be described as 'hateful' or 'loathsome' by some.

Any community is what you make it. JQ's new Mayako and Subscription service will depend on transparency and if people are asking questions on the forums, people with the knowledge to answer - presumably because they're early subscribers to Mayako - will need to bear in mind that their behaviour here reflects on the Mayako community, not RCTech.
Buckland likes this.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Can someone confirm the following:

- What are the costs (a few examples is fine) for some of the common suspension items without the 20% discount. Example would be say Front Suspension A-arms.

- Does Mayako offer or will plan to offer a benefit to members similar to Tekno, 50% off replacement items (I think they still offer this) or better for members

- Is there any word on the Electric Variant as far as what kind of electronics, mainly battery, layouts being proposed that can be shared

- what if anythiing is JQ stating will be compatible from his previous JQ Racing lineup to the Mayako car (swaybars, springs, etc)

Thanks
Horatio likes this.

Last edited by Cain; 11-03-2021 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain

- What are the costs (a few examples is fine) for some of the common suspension items without the 20% discount. Example would be say Front Suspension A-arms.

- Does Mayako offer or will plan to offer a benefit to members similar to Tekno, 50% off replacement items (I think they still offer this) or better for members

- Is there any word on the Electric Variant as far as what kind of electronics, mainly battery, layouts being proposed that can be shared

- what if anythiing is JQ stating will be compatible from his previous JQ Racing lineup to the Mayako car (swaybars, springs, etc)

Thanks
Price lists haven’t been released yet.

Members get 20% off parts.

No new info on ebuggy.

Can’t discuss that at this time, sorry.

Cain and Horatio like this.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain

Thanks
We cannot comment on pricing or a few other things until official press releases.
The Ecar will be available

The Mayako is a completely new platform no crossover parts.
Cain, Horatio and bratan like this.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

I know it's early days and JQ has videos out there expressing his desire to have an electric version of the buggy in due course.

Is a truggy on the cards yet? Either electric or nitro?
Old 11-04-2021, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We cannot comment on pricing or a few other things until official press releases.
The Ecar will be available

The Mayako is a completely new platform no crossover parts.
will both versions be available at the same time or there will be wait for ecar?
Old 11-04-2021, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Horatio
I know it's early days and JQ has videos out there expressing his desire to have an electric version of the buggy in due course.

Is a truggy on the cards yet? Either electric or nitro?
Truggy is an American thing, I highly doubt it's in the works.
Old 11-04-2021, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RockinTheCasbah
Truggy is an American thing, I highly doubt it's in the works.
That's a shame - I love truggies. I Hadn't really looked at it as an American only thing.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That's a shame - I love truggies. I Hadn't really looked at it as an American only thing.
etruggy is taking off in other areas of Australia but as for truggy as a whole it is almost dead in the west of Australia.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

Here is a lot of your answers. Just watch the beginning at least.
Horatio likes this.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Here is a lot of your answers. Just watch the beginning at least.
https://youtu.be/vDyRUHjcD1U
JQ addresses the issues head-on and is pragmatic. There are event driven issues outside of Mayako's control and information about this has been reserved for members only, until now.

"I'm not sure why non-member care so much..."

Because people discussing this are potentially tomorrow's members, that's why. Like he said, they haven't been actively promoting, so discussions about this niche within a niche will be people who are actively seeking this kind of new Buggy. Potential customers.

So now people outside of the membership are up to speed with reassurances from JQ himself.

As the cars start materialising, I guess the memberships will start racking up. JQ confirms that when the car is available, membership is non-refundable.

There have been a total of 4 refunds for car and membership. There are approximately 120 paid up members at the time of the Podcast.

​​​​​Thanks for posting the video here.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:47 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

"I'm not sure why non-member care so much..."

Because people discussing this are potentially tomorrow's members, that's why.
Exactly. Lots of people may be be wanting to first see how this stuff materializes before putting down some money on the vehicle. Having some issues now that are not addressed properly can be a sign of issues later, and with the various options out there in RC for vehicles, someone else will be more than willing to take that money.
Horatio likes this.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

[/QUOTE]As the cars start materialising, I guess the memberships will start racking up. JQ confirms that when the car is available, membership is non-refundable

​​​​​Thanks for posting the video here.[/QUOTE]

If you would have listened closely and completely, you would have heard, there is a point at which things start to become personalized for the members and there’s no turning back at that point.
I’m sorry, but I doubt anyone would want the materials with your name engraved on it 🤷🏼‍♂️

And your welcome 👍🏻
Old 11-06-2021, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

If you would have listened closely and completely, you would have heard, there is a point at which things start to become personalized for the members and there’s no turning back at that point.
I’m sorry, but I doubt anyone would want the materials with your name engraved on it 🤷🏼‍♂️

And your welcome 👍🏻

​​​​​​For personalised items - you don't have a legal right to a refund unless the product is faulty. I don't have an issue with that? Did my reply to you give you the impression I hadn't listened carefully and completely?

I don't understand what you mean?

There definitely won't be refunds for web subscriptions once the car becomes available.

I guess it depends whose name is on the car mind.... I can see Mayako's on Ebay with Masami etched into the chassis.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.