Search
Like Tree153Likes

2018 ifmar worlds

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
What's with the garbage coverage this year? Live RC and Neobuggy, who have been staples of race coverage, have seemingly checked-out entirely.
quite frankly there is not enough money to be had in rc advertising is the bottom line .

its pretty dang hard for phil of neobuggy and/or brandon of liverc to send equipment and guys and pay for broadcasting to events such as these . a huge bill to swallow with little compensation . it sucks , honestly this type of coverage may be the new norm .

but the coverage will actually be broadcast through a company by the name of FRS from Australia starting monday .... im sure it will be top notch , liverc still providing the scoring ....
Old 11-01-2018, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What's with the garbage coverage this year? Live RC and Neobuggy, who have been staples of race coverage, have seemingly checked-out entirely.
just looked on neo, 44 hours since there last post and not a single post of the event. You may be right there’s really a lack of acknowledgement toward this race happening and I don’t understand it. I want to see posts of the race cars like normal and atleast some interviews and a track walk, we’re already threw day one without a whisper of the event.

Thankfully we have guys on here posting the Facebook livestream, I just watched practice and have to say the track is an absolute beast lay out! Very technical and busy, the dirt is unbelievable over there in ozzyland! It’s going to get bumpy in the following few days that’s forsure! That is very exciting to me because other then the last worlds I’ve thought the tracks were either to smooth or just didn’t have the characteristics of a good off-road worlds level track. I drove Vegas a week after the worlds and thought it was a great layout, maybe not fully a worlds level track but the bumps made it technical and made up for it. Morbc this weekend tho is on the level tho, great job to those guys for building a unique track. Wish the announcers talked about who was on the track tho, looking at the cars I don’t know who I’m watching but when the fast guys went out I def knew I was watching the top guys cause they were much faster. I wonder what tires are working since it has some loamy dirt, that dirt is real off-road. Hopefully weather stays good and we can get the races posted in here showing these fast heats coming up.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva

just looked on neo, 44 hours since there last post and not a single post of the event. You may be right there’s really a lack of acknowledgement toward this race happening and I don’t understand it. I want to see posts of the race cars like normal and atleast some interviews and a track walk, we’re already threw day one without a whisper of the event.

Thankfully we have guys on here posting the Facebook livestream, I just watched practice and have to say the track is an absolute beast lay out! Very technical and busy, the dirt is unbelievable over there in ozzyland! It’s going to get bumpy in the following few days that’s forsure! That is very exciting to me because other then the last worlds I’ve thought the tracks were either to smooth or just didn’t have the characteristics of a good off-road worlds level track. I drove Vegas a week after the worlds and thought it was a great layout, maybe not fully a worlds level track but the bumps made it technical and made up for it. Morbc this weekend tho is on the level tho, great job to those guys for building a unique track. Wish the announcers talked about who was on the track tho, looking at the cars I don’t know who I’m watching but when the fast guys went out I def knew I was watching the top guys cause they were much faster. I wonder what tires are working since it has some loamy dirt, that dirt is real off-road. Hopefully weather stays good and we can get the races posted in here showing these fast heats coming up.
well .... most of that is happening on FB through your friends ..... lol

pro line guys were m3 holeshots
aka super soft grid iron
jcon.... ???
Old 11-01-2018, 04:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Great pictures from french site cirusrc.com can be found on their gallery. Unfortunately I am not allowed to post the url here

thx to anyone who is doing this media stuff from Australia.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default voila

https://galerie.circusrc.com/Worlds-2018/

voila
BenPetz likes this.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
IF they spent the $$$ to go film it.
Saw on Facebook today that Cory is on his way there.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

I look many wing HB ......
Old 11-02-2018, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Is it the new norm to water the track? In Vegas it was to keep dust down from passing motorist? Vegas track needed to be watered
Old 11-02-2018, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kja812
Phil from Neobuggy arrived at the track today
Old 11-02-2018, 05:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

MORBC is my local track and you wouldn't believe the effort from the committee and various other club members to hopefully make this event a great one.

The surface won't take long to develop a high traction racing line too, which should make for some unreal racing.

The coverage from Monday will definitely be worth the wait. The same company covered FEMCA at MORBC with great success.
BenPetz likes this.

Last edited by pit biatch; 11-02-2018 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What is there to report so early? Well Tebo is here. Oh look Boots just checked in. Hey over there are some guys from Sworkz setting up their pits that know one knows. Here's some pictures of half empty pit area and boxes or spare parts!
As far as video goes I like the cams they have. I actually get more than one static low res cam to watch practice so far. More will be coming in as practice continues.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
Is it the new norm to water the track? In Vegas it was to keep dust down from passing motorist? Vegas track needed to be watered
It has now been allowed, was added to IFMAR rules last year, up to track director's discretion I believe. I do not like it. Why add another element that can give an advantage to certain heats?
I don't think it made sense in Vegas either as that track would groove up if left alone. Watering eliminated that from happening and caused the track to break apart. Not to mention that in the mains the track would become dry after 5-10 minutes of running anyway, so what does it actually accomplish?

On the Perth track I will say that it's holding together really well, but watering is still an element that creates another type of advantage.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kja812
He's on his way!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 11-02-2018, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
It has now been allowed, was added to IFMAR rules last year, up to track director's discretion I believe. I do not like it. Why add another element that can give an advantage to certain heats?
I don't think it made sense in Vegas either as that track would groove up if left alone. Watering eliminated that from happening and caused the track to break apart. Not to mention that in the mains the track would become dry after 5-10 minutes of running anyway, so what does it actually accomplish?

On the Perth track I will say that it's holding together really well, but watering is still an element that creates another type of advantage.
it’s gonna make some racers complain about their run, too much/too little water. Still can’t wait to see. Go lutz, jb, Alex
Old 11-02-2018, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Will
What is there to report so early? Well Tebo is here. Oh look Boots just checked in. Hey over there are some guys from Sworkz setting up their pits that know one knows. Here's some pictures of half empty pit area and boxes or spare parts!
As far as video goes I like the cams they have. I actually get more than one static low res cam to watch practice so far. More will be coming in as practice continues.
In previous years, Neo has done retrospectives and insight articles leading-up to the event. This year, nada. They basically used to be THE go-to source for big race events.
savage24x likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.