Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tips for Keeping Nitro Rc Indoors

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Another important point is to take care of your tires. If you've got your nitro in the house, you don't want dirt from your tires to mess-up your living space, so be sure to remove them. I have a set of vanity rims/tires I put on my buggy when I keep it indoors, and I take the tires I ran and clean them with warm water & a toothbrush to remove dirt/debris. This prevents the dirt from leeching the oils out of your tires to help them last a bit longer.

Keeping your ride in a dry, climate-controlled environment will help protect your engine and bearings from moisture, too.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I always put tires in a large ziplock and label it w compound,manufacturer and tread pattern name
Old 01-26-2019, 09:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To clean out my fuel tanks I use simple green and let it soak in hot water for a while, blow out with air compressor then stuff blue shop towels inside the tank to absorb anything left over.
After a few hours of drying remove the shop towels and hit it with the air compressor again along with the fuel lines and the smell is pretty much gone.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by captain america
Another important point is to take care of your tires. If you've got your nitro in the house, you don't want dirt from your tires to mess-up your living space, so be sure to remove them. I have a set of vanity rims/tires I put on my buggy when I keep it indoors, and I take the tires I ran and clean them with warm water & a toothbrush to remove dirt/debris. This prevents the dirt from leeching the oils out of your tires to help them last a bit longer.

Keeping your ride in a dry, climate-controlled environment will help protect your engine and bearings from moisture, too.
To keep my tires clean, I run the car on short grass, after that, the tires look brand new
The car itself, I keep inside the house, after every run I clean it with some brushes and compressed air. Dump any fuel in the fuel lines and the tank.
For the motor, I remove the glowplug, spray some WD-40 down the carburetor, turn the motor in the starter box for a few seconds and put back the glowplug.
With that the car can sit on a shelf for years.