Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi 8ight and 8ight T RTR

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 11:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
something is definitely up. My RTR was at 27mm front.

How are you measuring your ride height?

Post pics of your front end?
I drop the car from a low height, then measure with the Losi gauge (as pictured below). Even if I screw the collars right off the thread it goes from 23mm to 24mm. And you'll see in the pics that I even moved the bottom of the shocks in and this didn't help much. I do not have a droop gauge yet, but if I Iift the front there is plenty droop, so that is not affecting ride height. Next I will remove shocks and check for any binding in suspension, but when I checked the oil I'm sure they felt free.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

from the second pic, it looks like the droop screw is hitting the chassis.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nickcza
I drop the car from a low height, then measure with the Losi gauge (as pictured below). Even if I screw the collars right off the thread it goes from 23mm to 24mm. And you'll see in the pics that I even moved the bottom of the shocks in and this didn't help much. I do not have a droop gauge yet, but if I Iift the front there is plenty droop, so that is not affecting ride height. Next I will remove shocks and check for any binding in suspension, but when I checked the oil I'm sure they felt free.
Moving the shocks in only affects suspension geometry and handling and not ride height.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by token
from the second pic, it looks like the droop screw is hitting the chassis.
It's a illusion from the camera angle, in the below you can see the gap, and the bottom pic I've lifted the front of the car with my finger to show how much droop there is.

token likes this.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:53 AM
Tech Rookie

I purchased recently the 8IGHT-T RTR (loving it) .. I also found that the default shocks are not the greatest .. however, what I did, rather than spending more that $100 to replace the shocks completely .. Emptied out the existing oil in the shocks and replaced it with the default weight of what was being used for the 8IGHT-T 4.0 roller .. so 37.5 wt in the Front and 32.5 wt in the Rear.

This certainly made a difference as you'll see from the video : h t t p s://youtu.be/Vx1tkck1Sd0 (apologies) .. I'm unable to post URL's at this time - no enough posts - remove the spaces
nickcza likes this.

Last edited by LordGeek; 08-28-2018 at 07:49 PM.