Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree59Likes

RCGP - Nitro Buggy, World Series

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roelof
Over here in the Netherlands we have Maxmenia. The entrance of Max Verstappen to the F1 and his performance (beside the errors...) did make many kids go to karting.Sadly due a lack of a PR activities at our Dutch RC racing organisation the RC racing had no gain. With a right promotion as a much affordable option to be a racer we could have welcomed new members to the RC racing clubs.
Indeed it brings a culture around it, that's why you see a lot of racers from one place in the world in one class. We are pretty dominant in WRX, but we have the whole culture with the grassroots level racing as well as big names that you one day hope to join.
It is a lot cheaper to run RC then any other type of racing, and that should pick up some people who can't afford the more expensive sports. But it's also the technical side of things, I might be wrong, but it seems people these days don't like to take the time to figure things out for them self.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:47 PM
Tech Lord

Very true but with a tight budget on karting you also need to do a lot by yourself, but people indeed seem to forget there is also a technical side to racing. Looking on this forum it makes me cry that people do send an engine to a shop just to replace the rod or last there was a topic of someone who offers cleaning/maintenance to cars.
But back on the technical part, in most media there is hardly talked about. Yes, on REDRC there is always a small talk about setup changes but no media (and for sure outside the RC world) has made an in depth artiicle of the technical side of our cars which makes THE difference between our real scaled racing cars and toys. And yes, it is hard to get rid of the term "toys".
Old 05-28-2018, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rc needs some Hollywood exposure! When was the last time anyone saw an rc car in a popular film? Imagine the exposure if a blockbuster film had some movie stars racing with rc nitro buggy’s in it even for a small part of the movie. I am sure a lot of other sports and hobbies gain exposure from movies. Just thinking out loud! Might be a dumb idea!
NitroVein and gt racing like this.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Very true but with a tight budget on karting you also need to do a lot by yourself, but people indeed seem to forget there is also a technical side to racing. Looking on this forum it makes me cry that people do send an engine to a shop just to replace the rod or last there was a topic of someone who offers cleaning/maintenance to cars.
But back on the technical part, in most media there is hardly talked about. Yes, on REDRC there is always a small talk about setup changes but no media (and for sure outside the RC world) has made an in depth artiicle of the technical side of our cars which makes THE difference between our real scaled racing cars and toys. And yes, it is hard to get rid of the term "toys".
I agree, people are spending money on things that isn't needed, but aren't willing to put some money in the "live & learn" box. At some point you just have to get your fingers dirty and maybe break something, that's kind of how most people learn stuff.
Maybe it's not the time and place, but seeing some engine modders taking money for nothing but cosmetic upgrades kind of rubs me the wrong way too.
Well, JQ has a Live feed on Facebook every now and then, where you can ask all sorts of questions. Adam Drake usually post videos from time to time about something, though maybe mostly about new products... But there is a need for something better, and not targeted towards the RTR market, but for racing.
I agree the term "Toy" is hard to get rid of, and that is probably something that hurts the market a bit. But having raced full scale, those are also just toys, they just take more room and cost a bit more.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Rc cars racing with turn marshaling is not a great viewing experience for tv unless you are an rc racer. What other Motorsport do you get to start over by being turn marshalled? It's like watching someone play a video game. I can't even watch the drone racing which has big dollars up for grabs.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:03 AM
Tech Lord

Every kind of sports will be interesting to watch with the right commentator......

Old 05-29-2018, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Every kind of sports will be interesting to watch with the right commentator......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl-oAsDCGNA
That's my cue
I'm available!!!!!
Old 05-29-2018, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

I'm disagreeing with the whole TV time argument. You want TV, we as an industry need one Global Event that happens more than every 2 years. The format needs to follow more of a supercross-style format. It makes it way more exciting than sitting watching RC cars for 60 straight mins. I'm excited about this. TV is WAY overrated these days. Look at Monster or Redbull, they sponsor tons of events you will NEVER see on TV but the videos have hundreds of thousands of views because these companies spend tons of money getting the video out to the mass public, through social media. None of the RC media companies will pay to promote RC. Until the RC media companies jump on board with promoting the hobby then, not much will come from it. Right now, they are set up to sell us a service.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Well now atleast we know who is behind it
Old 04-16-2019, 09:49 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Manila Track for Round 1&2 of RCGP

RCGP Series

A lot of progress!

Old 04-16-2019, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope that big banked turn gets some use. JQ, I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but will there be live video and commentary for the races or is that still up in the air?
Old 04-16-2019, 11:40 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Yes it will be broadcast on rc-gp.com
frewster likes this.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:13 AM
Tech Addict

Track looks unreal, rollercoaster.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That Manilla track looks fantastic!

Race is on May 3rd -May 5th, hope to see a link for the live feed!

I really like the RCGP idea! Wish more manufactures would join to this.

Last edited by sebtarta; 04-17-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

im excited for this to start!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.