RCGP - Nitro Buggy, World Series

Old 05-20-2018, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default RCGP - Nitro Buggy, World Series

This looks like what RC has been waiting for

**edit**

A lot of information is revealed here:

http://www.rc-gp.com/about_us

Last edited by DIME:RC; 05-21-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Cool video. What exactly is it?
Old 05-21-2018, 01:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Exactly what is needed to support sponsorship of the top drivers, this can help maintain and expand the class at the top. Great move!
Old 05-21-2018, 02:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by binarysolo
Cool video. What exactly is it?
I don't know for a fact every thought behind this, but what I'm seeing is something of a world cup that's initiated by the drivers instead of an outside organisation (IFMAR).
Having a worlds race every other year isn't helping the sport, if they want outside sponsors (think Red Bull etc) coming in to support the drivers, they need to know they are getting media coverage. Right now the top drivers are all over the world attending all sorts of (small) races independently, so who cares to cover the races in the media.
I guess they also could get a leverage in regulations, sort of a drivers union.

But I am guessing a bit here, this is just what I see, and I'm sure someone in the know will clear things up soon enough.
RCGP Series
Old 05-21-2018, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

In my head I feel this will try to be like the Moto GP. So factory teams like TLR, AE etc etc and then privateer teams like a Red Bull TLR team and Monster AE team etc etc

Maybe also split into a few tiers like Moto GP, Moto 2 and Moto 3. I think this will be the ultimate aim to bring in external sponsorship
slackinoff likes this.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DIME:RC
In my head I feel this will try to be like the Moto GP. So factory teams like TLR, AE etc etc and then privateer teams like a Red Bull TLR team and Monster AE team etc etc

Maybe also split into a few tiers like Moto GP, Moto 2 and Moto 3. I think this will be the ultimate aim to bring in external sponsorship
Well, the market isn't supporting it's own weight right now. If you want an elite team at the top that does it for a living, then money needs to poor in.
It's the same way in many (motor) sports, MotoGP, WRC, WRX, SuperBike, F1 etc etc.
It takes a shit load of money, and if you can't pay for it yourself someone else needs to. But how are you going to sell that if the top drivers are out running some club race instead of each other, where it could be sold to the media...
And no, I don't think it's for the different brands in RC, they had their chance and blew it. I believe this is the drivers taking control of a market that's out of control.

I would be surprised if this isn't the brainchild of JQ, most Americans seems to be slaves to the economy instead of controlling and understanding what they have created and live in. But I could be very wrong on that point!!
dtr likes this.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroVein
Well, the market isn't supporting it's own weight right now. If you want an elite team at the top that does it for a living, then money needs to poor in.
It's the same way in many (motor) sports, MotoGP, WRC, WRX, SuperBike, F1 etc etc.
It takes a shit load of money, and if you can't pay for it yourself someone else needs to. But how are you going to sell that if the top drivers are out running some club race instead of each other, where it could be sold to the media...
And no, I don't think it's for the different brands in RC, they had their chance and blew it. I believe this is the drivers taking control of a market that's out of control.

I would be surprised if this isn't the brainchild of JQ, most Americans seems to be slaves to the economy instead of controlling and understanding what they have created and live in. But I could be very wrong on that point!!
i think it’s a European driver(S) idea tbh. Ronnefalk, Batlle and JQ have been promoting it a lot for the past few weeks.

i went by my assumption of teams thing because if you look at the ‘teams’ menu on the home page. There are stuff like. Mugen International and Mugen USA along with AE Europe and AE USA. Then team that up with a Hot Race team and team futaba and it seems to lead to not just chassis manufacture based.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't believe anyone is trying to cut out the mfg/teams, quite the opposite, who wouldn't benefit from a global expansion by organizing things.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroVein
I don't believe anyone is trying to cut out the mfg/teams, quite the opposite, who wouldn't benefit from a global expansion by organizing things.
i wasn’t saying it asin cutting out manufactors but running along side them. I was more thinking along the lines of. (Moto gp as a perfect example)

Ducati Factory team.
Alma Pramac Ducati.

One is a factory team and one is a satellite time. both runs the same bike (nearly) both race the same class but one is a privateer team. If you look at the Facebook page they are on about only having a few drivers from each Team. So Mugen for example have Batlle, Maifield and Drake as top drivers but if they could only have a team of two entering the series, Batlle and Maifield would be manufactor team and Drake and another would be satellite team (just a example)

this is all just guessing sting and I wish there was more information 😂
Old 05-21-2018, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe we are saying the same thing, this isn't about recruiting 500 new drivers, it's about promoting the 50(?) in the top by better organization. And that will probably recruit a lot new drivers later on for grassroots level racing.

Yes, I'm sure we soon get too know more about this.
DIME:RC and slackinoff like this.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:25 AM
Tech Lord

Yep, and within 30 years these drivers are still on the top (but in their wheelchairs) because with all the money they have spend to travel arround the world doing their races they do not care about finding and supporting fresh blood, clubdrivers and clubs. The hobby drivers just have to buy their brands so that these topdrivers can do their "passion" so it is called on their website.
rjmakk likes this.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Im in the same boat as roelof call me negative but unless a major tv deal is also made how will this get new blood to the tracks?
rjmakk likes this.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

It was explained in the "About Us": RCGP Series
Old 05-21-2018, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

There is allot of beating around the bush with no actual information on that site. the site looks like to me way to similar to crypto ICO sites. Hopefully im dead wrong and they somehow make something big that gets kids to the track.
savage24x likes this.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
There is allot of beating around the bush with no actual information on that site. the site looks like to me way to similar to crypto ICO sites. Hopefully im dead wrong and they somehow make something big that gets kids to the track.
Someone who follows large scale racing can see what this is coming from, and also understand that this is just starting up, but is working well in many places.
This will be a great way for the mfg to catch a breath by getting money from other places, and with any media coverage things can grow better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.