Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

What if you like Margrine
Old 01-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have been watching this discussion About Short Course rules. Since Al asked I will give my input. TIRES AND INSERTS are probably the most important part of car setup. Last summer I practiced with my offroad truck tires on my SC10, instant hookup! If you have an open tire rule somebody will to try every tire that is available. Having raced your track I would guess that Goose Bumps would be the tire of choice. Tires will cost money for everyone but those who have the selected tire on their truck. Tire seem to last longer on your track so tire life will be less of a problem.
I think that you have 17.5 for Stock Truck and for Pro2 CORR. The Stock Truck will turn faster lap times because the wider tires will work better.
Our rules will be close to yours but I don't think we will have enough to run 2 classes so we will probably run the Pro 2 with 17.5 motor limit and maybe a weight limit. Probably not too many other rules.
Last THE MORE RULES YOU MAKE THE MORE RULES SOMEBODY WILL TRY TO GET AROUND!
Thanks John Schoenauer
Old 01-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

John and Alex you both have excellent programs and both have awsome places to Race!Your opinions are valued and thanks for giving us some of your opinions and concerns they will be discussed at our meeting!looks like 2nd weekend of January!My opinion will be any kit tire from any Manf!Can't wait to here everyone elses!
Old 01-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

If we are going with a spec tire for the SCT I want Slash stock. I dont have any my self but I did by a set of 12mm adapters for my SC10. With the adapters I have I could just get on E-bay and buy some mounted ones cheep. Also you know that the hobbytown here in GI will keep slash tires. Traxxas is all he keeps in stock. I dont know what way to go either open or spec. Either way I will have to spend money but there are ups and downs to both. If we go with the slash tires most of the SC trucks come with 12mm already so it would be the easyist and cheepest way to do a spec tire. Also you have no clue who would show up without knowing the rules and if we use slash tires the chances are most people would have a set. I know some of the racers from last year who bould new trucks could just rob the tires off of their old slash's. Anyway AL please consider my work schedual when you set up the meeting sun-thur sometimes fri 9pm-6am. If you cant work with it I know it is hard and I will just give you a call befor the meeting.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

I'll try and get it for Saturday Afternoon!Tim M,Shawn,Bren,AL 2,Both Lances club members tell me what works best for you also
Originally Posted by ssmilie
If we are going with a spec tire for the SCT I want Slash stock. I dont have any my self but I did by a set of 12mm adapters for my SC10. With the adapters I have I could just get on E-bay and buy some mounted ones cheep. Also you know that the hobbytown here in GI will keep slash tires. Traxxas is all he keeps in stock. I dont know what way to go either open or spec. Either way I will have to spend money but there are ups and downs to both. If we go with the slash tires most of the SC trucks come with 12mm already so it would be the easyist and cheepest way to do a spec tire. Also you have no clue who would show up without knowing the rules and if we use slash tires the chances are most people would have a set. I know some of the racers from last year who bould new trucks could just rob the tires off of their old slash's. Anyway AL please consider my work schedual when you set up the meeting sun-thur sometimes fri 9pm-6am. If you cant work with it I know it is hard and I will just give you a call befor the meeting.
Tim I got a LOSI 8IGHT 2.0 with electric conversion!You've ran the smart diff haven't you?Is it just another way to tune instead of diff oil?

Last edited by 37 RACING; 01-01-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

About any time would work for me.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

anytime on the weekend works with me. not to picky.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

The weekend will work for me.

Al the smart-diff is just another way to make finer adjustments to the center diff. I will be trying mine in the e buggy but after running it in the nitro it has + and - in handling.Some racers use them up front if they want more aggressive steering.

helpfull info:http://www.scribd.com/doc/19021535/B...e-to-Brushless

Last edited by T&D-RACING; 01-01-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Initiate

anytime on weekends, or weekdays after 6pm work for me.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I should be able to make it. Anytime works for me.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

saturday afternoon would be good for me!

the tires our trucks came with should be an option, so if you like them, you can run em! thats the cheapest option. all the different kit tires can be had on ebay very reasonably (usually a set of four) and all but the sc10 use 12mm hexes so they should all interchange pretty simply. those buttersmooth kyoshos have 12mms, right?

kit tires only seems to me the least objectionable, but whatever we decide as a group will be fine with me!
Old 01-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

CLUB MEETING SATURDAY JANUARY 9TH 2PM 1930 Sherman Blvd Grand Island Nebraska!!

One Block North of State St,Corner house Light Brown!From west take 281 to state go east,when you pass USA Steak Buffet continue east 2 blocks and you'll see sheridan and then sherman make a left and go to corner hoose! park on either side and can also park on waugh st!I live in corner house so plentty of parking!Hope to see everone,bring your ideas and gonna nominate officers!!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope to make the meeting sat, have to see Adam's basketball game schedule.

In the pro-2 is suspension pretty much open? And if my kids break something and I replace it with a non stock part that is a durability upgrade right? We had some fairly major carnage yesterday. So I need to figure out what I can do and what I can't for replacement parts.

I like the idea of just kit tires from any manftr, in either class. Keep it so these things don't get no traction.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default Where did everyone go?

It got really quiet in this forum since the meeting has ben set. I just thought I would say HI EVERYONE. Oh yea I got my 12mm adapters in for my SC10. Not worth the money. Should have just bought some TC3 hex adapters and shaved 2 down, that is all these were. Anyway hope to see everyone at the meeting.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Hey Radiorogue

You would think that SC10 would have arrived by now! I know you have all the FT parts.

Last edited by racen 77; 01-07-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.