R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nebraska/Iowa Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nebraska-iowa-racing-76/)
-   -   NESCAR 2010 Grand Island (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nebraska-iowa-racing/349547-nescar-2010-grand-island.html)

37 RACING 12-06-2009 03:56 PM

NESCAR 2010 Grand Island

Session 1
April 25th (Points Begin)
April 25th New & Renewal Memberships Race Free
May 9th
May 23rd
June 6th
June 19th Thunder on the Plains VI
June 20th Thunder Rain make up date
July 4th
July 18th
August 8th

Session 2
August 22nd
September 5th
September 19th
October 2nd Night race (End of Points)
Racers 2 Lowest Race Scores will be Thrown Out

FRIDAY NIGHT RACING STARTS 6:30pm
June 11th, June 25th
July 9th, July 23rd[/COLOR][/COLOR]

37 RACING 12-11-2009 05:59 PM

SCT Rules

NESCAR Corr TRUCKS……………………………………...
2010 1:10 Short Course Truck "Provisional"Rules

Chassis Wheelbase Min/Max……………………………………. 320mm / 335mm (12.59in / 13.19in) Overall Length Min/Max……………………………….. 540mm / 568mm (21.25in / 22.36in) Overall Width Min/Max………………………………… 290mm / 296mm (11.42in / 11.65in) Minimum Weight……………………………………….. 74oz / 2098grams 2 Wheel Rear DriveGeared or Ball Differential Rear Suspension………………………………………… Independent or Solid Axle
Tire/Wheel Specs Wheel Inner Bead Max Diameter……………………….. 3.0 in / 76.20mm Wheel Outer Bead Max Diameter………………………. 2.2 in / 55.88mm Wheel Bead Width Max………………………………… 1.55 in / 39.37mm Wheel Width Max………………………………………. 1.65 in / 41.91mm Tire Maximum Width…(mounted)...…………………… 1.85 in / 46.99mm Tire DiameterMin…(mounted)...………………………. 4.20 in / 106.68mm Tire Tread……………………………………………….. Treaded, NO Cut/Custom Tires
BODY Rules
Body Specs Full Fender Truck Body. Body must completely cover tires when viewed from above Windshield Minimum Setback Centerline Front of Body to Begin Windshield (see SCT Cab Setback Diagram) Cab Roof Minimum Width and Depth (see STC Roof Diagram) Cab Minimum Height and Depth (see STC Cab Side Diagram) NO add-on or integrated Spoilers/Wings allowed
Vehicle Height Ready to Race Minimum Overall Height……………………………… 7.835in / 199mm

Motor Spec Speed Control
(NOVAK:GTB/HAVOC--LRP:Shere/AI--Traxxes Brushless system)Novac Motor 17.5ss
Battery ROAR Approved 2S 7.4V LiPo or 7.2V 6cell NiMh

Tire Rule
Must be a Kit tire–
Minimum Diameter of the tire(mounted)is established to limit extremely low profile designs.The target dimension(newtire)is established at 4.30Inches.To compensate for wear,molding tolerances, degradation of foam inserts,the pre race minimum allowable diameter of a mounted is 4.20inches. No Bald or custom cut tires are allowed.Tracks and Promoters are encouraged to select a STATED TIRE that works best for their particular location.
Width and wheelbase–
Width and Wheelbase of the vehicle swill increase/decrease during the compression/extension of the suspension.Vehicles should be inspected at Static Stance in ready to race condition.
Height –
Minimum Overall Height is measured with vehicle at Static Stance in ready to race condition
BodyInspection
CabSetback –
Minimum set back is measured from a point equal to the Front(centerline)of the body to the beginning of the windshield/lower rock guard.
CabProfile –
Minimum depth of the cab is measured from the Beginning Point(centerline)of the Windshield/Lower Rock Guard to the Rear Reference point of the Cab
RoofPanel –
Minimum Width is measured from uttermost points of theroof section to the upper side window referenceline
Depth of theRoof Panelis measured(centerline)from the upper Visor/Rock Guard reference line to the beginning oft the Roll Bar/end point of the cab
Any questions see a NESCAR Tech official or officer

RULES ARE NOW POSTED ON www.nescar.org

37 RACING 12-13-2009 10:45 AM

THIS IS FOR 2wd Stadium Truck (Not SCT)
Here's a thought and all imput is wanted!If there is 16 trucks for instance would we want to make two classes?Pro Stock/Super Stock and Stock class!
Example
This would allow Tekin Speed control's/Novak Kinetics/LRP SSX's to use their speed control functions?
Should it be
13.5 or 17.5 for the pro class?
10 minute mains?
could a driver race both stock and pro-stock?
What seperates a Driver from one to the other?
My thought is you let a stock racer race in the pro class if he wants but not a pro driver race with stock class!Once a stock driver wins in a pro class though he must remain in the pro class and move out of stock class!There would be a exception to the move up like if everyone broke and a win was granted by default,this would keep a racer from being forced to move up under a technicallity!Next is How do you de-fine pro driver?Should he be require to have won a A-MAIN in a upper class?
REMEMBER IF ONE CLASS HAS A DAY WHERE ONLY 2OR 3 RACERS SHOW UP YOU WANT TO HAVE ABILITY TO JOIN CLASSES AND NOT HAVE DISTINCT SPEED ADVANTAGES AND JUST HAVE TO MAKE A MINOR CHANGE TO CHANGE CLASS!EXSAMPLE (ONLY 2 PRO TRUCKS ON A SUNDAY SO YOU LET THEM MOVE DOWN AND TURN THEIR TURBO OFF)THATS WHY I THINK 17.5 MUGHT BE CHOICE FOR BOTH CLASSES AND YOU WOULD ALSO HAVE THE TWO CLASS OPTION FOR STOCK CLASS RACERS WITH ONLY HAVING TO OWN ONE VEHICLE!

Come on Nescar Racers give me your imput!!!

The thought's here is do we need a class for the entry level racer to have a place where they have better chance's to win(Don't take wrong way)and race with their level of competition so the newer and younger racer's like Colton,Alan,Scott,Bren,Lance S,Don, and other's get the exspeirince and get two race for win's

My thought's here was we really don't have a novice class and if we get more Vetrans in the truck class this year i'm afraid it might discourage the new guy! To throw new blood in with the wolve's can discourage new racers!Everyone wants a chance to win,that's why we race(Plus the FUN Aspect)I am not trying to be-little anyone here so please don't take this wrong i would just like to see the new racer win once and awile!The Exspression and pride in a New racers face win he wins is priceless!I want to see more of that this year!
NESCAR RACER"S IMPUT IS WANTED!!

Also remeber to work on those track layouts for This year!Like to see a little less tuning and a little more speed JMO!

If you want to discuss anything you can also call me at 308 380 4576 or email me at [email protected] Thanks Al

T&D-RACING 12-13-2009 01:22 PM

THIS IS JUST WEIRD!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EUqS1yETGo

37 RACING 12-13-2009 01:28 PM

The above was Stock 2wd Stadium Trucks not Short Coarse Trucks my Bad i should have clarified!

READY2RACE 12-13-2009 01:36 PM

sounds good to me! stock truck and super stock truck. roar says superstock is 13.5 but i will be in stock so my opinion dont really matter! if we had a small turnout in either class they could be run together and scored seprately. all you newbies out there - this will be the year to start racing!!!

READY2RACE 12-13-2009 02:27 PM

:nod:i like the keep it simple idea - heres how im reading it.

RTR SHORT COURSE TRUCK -(we should call it pro lite) - out of the box trucks with only durability upgrades and the tires they came with.

BRUSHLESS SHORT COURSE TRUCK -(should be pro-2) any sct with a non- programmable 17.5 power system. can run any KIT tire on any kit wheel or beadlocks. any sct body except the baja bug.(those roar body rules read like stereo instuctions)

STOCK TRUCK -any stadium truck with a non programmable 17.5 power system, or 27 turn brushed motor.

SUPER STOCK TRUCK - any stadium truck with any 17.5 or 13.5 power system.

thats what im thinking.......................what do you think?

37 RACING 12-13-2009 02:32 PM

;)

Originally Posted by READY2RACE (Post 6714206)
:nod:i like the keep it simple idea - heres how im reading it.

RTR SHORT COURSE TRUCK -(we should call it pro lite) - out of the box trucks with only durability upgrades and the tires they came with.

BRUSHLESS SHORT COURSE TRUCK -(should be pro-2) any sct with a non- programmable 17.5 power system. can run any KIT tire on any kit wheel or beadlocks. any sct body except the baja bug.(those roar body rules read like stereo instuctions)

STOCK TRUCK -any stadium truck with a non programmable 17.5 power system, or 27 turn brushed motor.

SUPER STOCK TRUCK - any stadium truck with any 17.5 or 13.5 power system.

thats what im thinking.......................what do you think?

that's pretty much the bulk of it:sneaky:The mains in the pro classes should be 8 to 10 minute

37 RACING 12-13-2009 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by T&D-RACING (Post 6714020)

Tim how do you find this stuff:weird:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2xSm...eature=related
listen to the music

how about racing at this speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0QsRC2oUvw

or this clocked at 62mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7IIlDUwhxw

Looks like fun

T&D-RACING 12-13-2009 07:37 PM

How about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jywQLnUnMG0 :confused:

Lance8813 12-13-2009 09:44 PM

Ok I got a few questions on the brushless sct class.
Just wanting to know what kinda mods are allowed.
If I wanted to run pro-line's undertray for slash is that possible? Just really hate cleaning the mud out of the under carrage.
If I wanted to add rear toe in to my slash via. RPMs rear arms?
Also wanting to know if I can put my aluminum rear carriers on it, also the front caster blocks as well?

All I am really wanting to know what mods can be done?

37 RACING 12-13-2009 10:05 PM

In the brushless class you can do that,but not the stock slash!Only thing that would not be allowed would be things that are speed in-hancements

Lance8813 12-14-2009 05:55 PM

Hey R2R how do you like your blitz?

I still think the Carnage body for the sct's would be cool. Seeing the fenders going flying in all.

What body is everyone using for this. I'm thinking either a desert rat or JConcepts Dare.

huskerdually 12-15-2009 09:29 AM

So do we have to run the brushless novak motor or can we run the entire traxxas velenion system?

I really wish I wouldn't have forgot about the meeting.

I was curious what everyone was thinking about running, I'm tired of just watching.

zippy_91 12-15-2009 09:42 AM

My understanding is that to run in the Brushless SC class, you must run a Novak 17.5 SS motor. This keeps eveyone on a level playing field.

The Traxxas motor is rated around 3,300 kV and the Novak 17.5 is rated at 2,200 kV, so the Traxxas would have a pretty significant advantage.