Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
THUNDER on the PLAINS!!NEW DATE!! >

THUNDER on the PLAINS!!NEW DATE!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THUNDER on the PLAINS!!NEW DATE!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

One set will definitely last all day.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Heavy B
I'll be the first to admit....I know nothing about nitro other than they're loud, dirty and rarely finish a whole main.
Hey.. I finished all my mains in nitro. ...and with my 1/8 electric too... haha.. I've been having trouble with my 2wd buggy though. Can you help me with my setup, Brian? When we ran Saturday it was bucking the back end waaay up in the air and causing me to wreck... I need some Losi 2wd buggy knowledge.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I noticed you are running pink springs and don't know the rest. But, what I've found with the new lightweight cars pack is not good. Seems like these light cars are thrown around very easy by even the slighest bump or rut. I've tried a variety of combinations and like #56 pistons/30 wt oil/white springs. I think Alex is running #57 pistons/25 wt oil/white springs. It's ok but with the ruts at the Plex I like the bigger holes and thicker oil. Allows the rear to absorb better with less reaction to every imperfection.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

I'll have to work something out... I do not like how it drives at this point. I has cost me a couple mains now due to it's little surprises for no good reason.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Regional Moderator

I'm running the original xxx rear end now instead of the CR, but before the nats I ended up running the Chambers setup that's posted on the Losi site. I was real happy with it.

What I have on my car now is better though.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warpig
I'll have to work something out... I do not like how it drives at this point. I has cost me a couple mains now due to it's little surprises for no good reason.
I thought that was just part of 2wd mod. I can't get my buggy to work anything like my truck. The buggy is always a little more unpredictable, for me anyway.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Weather is looking good so far (goes and knocks on wood).
Well I am going to be running a different body then last time, working on it as I type this. Also got 2 batteries, so I should be good for a change.

Does anyone run red, blue, silver and black on thier slash?

Hope a lot people can make it.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Lookin forward to meeting everyone this weekend! Will there be a Truggy and Buggy class? Or will they all be tossed into one?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There will definitely be a buggy class depends on how many truggys show up but there usually is a couple of them. and they never mix them with buggy with the truggy. some time monster truck if theres not enough. glad to see your going to make the trip steeby. IT should be a good time.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Heavy B
I thought that was just part of 2wd mod. I can't get my buggy to work anything like my truck. The buggy is always a little more unpredictable, for me anyway.
What I'm talking about isn't that. It dive bombs off of jumps from the chassis slapping when the track has any bump on the jump. It's like I'm running 10wt oil or something. I'll get it figured out. When? I do not know.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:31 AM
ODB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Weber Motorsports is on the road to GI. Please give me a call at 402 301 5583 if the weather is not looking good to race.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Thunder On The Plains

I had a great time racing with everyone today at NESCAR - Grand Island. Even the first qualifier when it was a little bit slippery.
John Schoenauer
Old 07-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

big thanks to everyone who came down to race with ur today, the competion was awsome. hope to see some of u in hadar aug. 23
Old 07-12-2009, 11:06 AM
ODB
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Fun event. Fun track. Many nice people, and a great shady location, especially if you are like me and like trains. Thanks for the lunch and for putting on a great event.

Unfortunately, there were a couple bitchy drivers and one kid who had a complete meltdown in the mod truck main, but what can you do? Some people just don't get it.

Met a couple of rad bros named Lance and Frank who were a total pleasure to pit next to, and helped me get the T4 back on the track. I was breaking front arms like crazy in practice, but managed to keep the B4 and T4 together for qualifying and the mains.

Weber Motorsports will mark this event on the calendar for next year.

Last edited by ODB; 07-12-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm always amazed by meltdowns. it often reminds me of little league baseball when the overly aggressive parents get into it, and then the kids do as well.

Trust me I'm used to calling people out on bad behavior like that. Sorry I missed it, but I always work on saturdays, and with the date change, I didn't have enough time to ask for it off.

are the results on the web site yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.