Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club) >

Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

I posted a simple sign on the driver's stand about the meeting scheduled for the 8th. I haven't sent the emails out yet but I'm working on it...

Lincoln R/C Club Meeting

Thursday September 8th

8:00 PM

East Park Plaza Hobby Town

Anyone and everyone can come to this meeting to discuss the formation of a Lincoln R/C club to be responsible for running the races in 2006.

Be there and share opinions on how you thing the races should be run because things are going to change.

Hopefully we will have a lot more and a lot less
Old 08-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

ah man.. thing = think.. dang spelling.. hooked on phonics YO..

Anyway.. some of the things that we are going to talk about and vote on are:

1. Name of club

2. Member dues and Member perks

3. Different Committee's: Race Committee, Track Committee, Promotion Committee, Sponsorship Committee

4. Nominate and vote on Board of Directors

5. Fund raising ideas

6. Open discussion
Old 08-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

wow this new club sounds like its gunna be AWESOME. I'll be there for the next meeting. Everybody has a ton of great ideas, i can't wait to see how this club turns out !
best regards

-CT
Old 08-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here's the email that I sent out to all of the email addresses that we currently have on file for r/c racers. If you didn't get an email from me and want these emails on club news/information to come to you, send me your email address so that I can get you added. Thanks..

HobbyTown USA and the now forming Lincoln R/C Club are holding an important meeting to discuss the formation of a Lincoln R/C Club. The meeting will take place at the East Park HobbyTown on Thursday, September 8th, starting at 8:00PM. Everyone is encouraged to attend this meeting and future meetings so that this new club can organize and be prepared to run the races for the 2006 race season.

Items that we will be discussing at this meeting will be:

Name of club

Member dues and member perks

Different committees that we will need (so far we have Race Committee, Track Committee, Promotion Committee, and Sponsorship Committee)
Nominate and vote on Board of Directors
Fund raising ideas
Open discussion

Most of the decisions that will affect people and racing will be voted on and enforced by this club. If you have ideas/opinions please come to the meeting and be heard. If you are unable to attend this meeting and have ideas that you would like to submit please feel free to respond to this email. Or, a lot of discussion is being held on the website www.rctech.net. Just click on the [Message Forums] link at the top left of the page and scroll down to the Nebraska Racing forum (about ľ of the way down the page). In that forum there is all kinds of good information on the Nebraska R/C racing scene including a thread for discussions about this club.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me or talk to me at the track. Thanks…

Jason Meyer
Old 08-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

PS.. sorry bout the duplicate emails to some of you... dang ole computers anyway..
Old 09-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Rookie

How did the meeting go last night? Sorry I was unable to make it. Just curious how it went and what was decided about things. Been absent from racing for awhile but it just seems that summer got the best of me. Planning for off road next year! Hope to attend HOA race on Sunday to watch. Take care everyone and post any new info. Chris
Old 09-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Minutes of the meeting

Here is the minutes of the meeting that we held on Thursday. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to respond.

Minutes of Lincoln R/C Club Meeting

September 8th 8:00pm

East Park Hobby Town USA

First item on the agenda was “What is the name of our club going to be?”

There was some good ideas floating around as to what the name of our club was going to be and the names submitted at the meeting were:

Lincoln RC Club

Lincoln Area RC – LARC

Salt Valley Racers

Midwest Racers Organization – MRO

iRC

Star City R/C Racers

With just a few more votes than Star City R/C Racers, Midwest Racers Organization won. From this point on our club will be known as

Midwest Racers Organization or MRO

Second item on the agenda was “What type of membership are we going to have?”

With some good discussion everyone agreed on the following items.

Membership is going to cost $30 per year starting January 1st, 2006.

With paid membership you will receive:

$3 off of race entry fees. $5 member or $8 non member.

10% off of ground r/c purchases at either of the Lincoln HobbyTown stores

Voting rights on issues decided on by the club

These are the items that we have come up with so far. This is still in development so new items may be added to this list.

Next up on the agenda was nominations for office.

Jamee Everson – President

Jason Meyer – Secretary

Lance Leapley – Treasurer

Mark Zitzlsperger – Vice President for On Road

Kent Sorenson – Vice President for Off Road

Craig Anderson – Vice President for Oval

Chad Yost – Ambassador to HobbyTown

These positions are from now through the 2006 race season. In the fall of 2006 we will have elections again for new officers. As we have further meetings we will be able to further define what responsibilities these officers have.

Next up on the agenda was discussion about committees and signups.

The club has decided that the best way to get the most work done is to create some committees that will help organize the efforts to have the races run smoothly. The following committees were formed and a sign up sheet was passed around to see what areas people are interested in. The following is a rough draft of what responsibilities each committee will fill. Again, this is still in the development stage and will be discussed further.

Race: Setup rules for racing. Setup class rules. Setup the race schedule.

Track: Track maintenance, improvements, layouts, preparation for races

Promotion: Web site, newsletter, information brochure, tv, radio, bringing in sponsors

Fund Raising: Finding ways to generate money or locate good deals on things that we need.

Following was a session for open discussion.

What type of problems do we need to solve:

Who is going to be the Race Director?

The major points brought up during this item was the delay of races if the race director’s vehicle was broken. We talked about having even breaks between rounds and before the mains. We talked about not allowing the race director to race, possibly an on-road guy would direct races for off road and vice versa. Having more than one person directing races. One person taking care of track needs and one person taking care of computer needs.

Points need to be updated on the website.

There was discussion about having more than one person know how to and have access to the web page.

Are we going to have a points series in 2006?

What type of payout system will we have?

Will we have ribbons for the top three positions or have a payout at the end of the season was brought up.

The next meeting for the officers will be on September 29th at 7:00pm and will be held at the East Park HobbyTown.

The next meeting for the club will be held on October 6th at 7:00pm and will also be held at the East Park HobbyTown.

Meeting closed.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Congratulations on getting your club going and to Hobby Town for all the great support they give you guys.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Initiate

hey cyeutter did you get the pics of my truck done? just asking.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Rookie

i have them on my computer. I can print them off. Or email them to you also. Need to go thru them agin to find all of yours. Send me your email to [email protected]
Old 09-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

my computer at home is slow. can you print them off please?

thanks nate.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Rookie

i got them printed off, just need to get together and get them to you

Last edited by cyeutter; 09-15-2005 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I made a page that people can post pics, documents such as setups and other useful info. You can sign up there as well to get messages as needed. I thought that if you take photos at the track than you can post them there and then they could be put on the lincoln website as well.

I am still learning on updating the lincoln website I don't want to do anything to screw it up so once I learned more I will do more.

The link to post pics is http://groups.msn.com/MRORCPICS
Old 09-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

HEY CHRIS WHEN YOU COMING BACK OUT TO THE TRACK TODAY OR SATURDAY? LET ME KNOW.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.