Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club) >

Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

PM me your phone #. I am done on tuesdays for the season. THis saturday is my daughters birthday party. I will call you and meet up. All the pics are at my house.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This seems to be a thread relevant to the club. It is located elsewhere in R/C Tech.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84175
Old 09-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Z
Tech Master

Interesting.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

It seems to have similar points that I've heard discussed. I thought it would be a good read.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Hey, is there still a club meeting Thursday night @ 7pm. I dunno if my schedule will allow me to show up or not. Also, is there a tenative meeting agenda?

thanks,
Ben O.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, there is a club meeting at 7pm this Thursday at the EastPark HobbyTown.

I will get the agenda emailed/posted as soon as I can, probably tonight.

Jason
Old 10-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Agenda for the October 6th Meeting

Thank everyone for coming.

Talk briefly about the things that we have been working on so far. Highlight the last meeting agenda/minutes. Ask if there are any questions.

Talk about what we want to accomplish tonight.
-What will the Race Schedules be?
Will we have off road races once or twice a week?
When do we want to have our big race (On/Off/Oval) of the year?
-Talk about By Laws
What we are working on and what we are using.
What kind of mission statement do we want to have for the club?
-Talk about Financial aspects of the club
Incomes
Expenses
Goals
-Talk about Committee Assignments.
-Tasks that need to be done at the tracks before winter gets here.
Shut off water and drain lines

When will the next meeting take place? (Thursdays conflict with Micro racing at SouthPoint)
Old 10-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Good meeting tonight guys. Thanks to all that came out. Great to see all the organization being done. Hope this all goes as well as I believe it can. Thanks again for everyone's hard work! Chris
Old 10-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Meeting Minutes

Here's an email that I sent out to everyone that I have email addresses for. If you would like to be added or removed from the list just let me know.

Wanted to say thank you to everyone that attended the October 6th Meeting. Again, we had some great discussions to organize the 2006 race season. Thank you to Chad Yost, Lance Leapley, and Kent Sorenson for bringing the chips, salsa, soda pop and cookies to munch on during the meeting. The next club meeting is scheduled for Tuesday November 1st at 7pm at the East Park HobbyTown. I typed up the minutes of the meeting and have attached them below. Hope to see all of you at the next meeting. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email me. Thanks.

Jason Meyer

Midwest Racers Organization

Midwest Racers Organization

Minutes of Meeting held October 6th 7:00pm

East Park Hobby Town USA

The meeting began with a recap of what was all decided in the last meeting.

Name of club

What type of membership are we going to have

Nomination of officers

Formation of committees and signups

Open Discussion

The first new business discussed was the race schedule.

The main portion of the discussion was when should we start racing. It was decided that mid April would be best for weather and holidays. Oval Racing will be on Wednesday nights starting at 7pm beginning April 19th. Off Road Racing will be on Tuesday nights starting at 7pm and Saturday afternoons starting at 1pm beginning April 22nd. On Road Racing will be on Sunday afternoons starting at 1pm beginning April 23rd. We tried to discuss when our big trophy races will be held but it was thought to be too early to plan these as of yet. We will try to gather as much information on big R/C races in the area and other big events that would conflict with a weekend for a trophy race at the racetracks. We will continue to work on a trophy race schedule.

Next on the agenda was a presentation of some examples of ByLaws of other clubs.

A lot of work and research is being done to come up with an acceptable set of

ByLaws for this organization to operate under. Jamee Everson is preparing a rough draft for the board to look over and these will then be presented to the club to be discussed.

Lance Leapley gave us a full financial breakdown and forecast for the club.

Brandon with HobbyTown gave us records of incomes and expenses that were realized during the 2005 season. Based on these numbers Lance was able to setup a budget for the three tracks and some financial goals that we can try to attain with memberships. There are several things that needed before the 2006 race season. Laptop Computer, traction compound, etc. Items like this is why it is so important to get some membership dues coming in so that we can make some of these purchases.

At this time a print out of three logos prepared by Nolan Waak were passed around and people were asked to put their initials by the one that they liked most so that Nolan could get an idea what we were looking for.

The next meeting for the club will be held on Tuesday November 1st at 7pm.

Meeting Adjourned
Old 10-13-2005, 03:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Just wanted to let you guys know that I would be interested in a large donation as a part of my dues, all depending on the race schedual for the 06 season. So when you figure out the race days let us know. Thanks
Old 10-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RUTALKIN
Just wanted to let you guys know that I would be interested in a large donation as a part of my dues, all depending on the race schedual for the 06 season. So when you figure out the race days let us know. Thanks

SWEET
Old 10-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Meeting tomarrow at 7 at EP HTown
Old 11-05-2005, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

May I suggest retitling this thread to "Midwest Racers Organization" (doesn't say anything about specific location or type of racing so: ) maybe add "in Lincoln or something.

I still can't believe you guys didn't like my "Mosquito Bandits" club name I suggested.. Dang it!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Minutes of November Meeting

Here are the minutes from the November Midwest Racer’s Organization meeting. Again, thanks to everyone that came and for all of the input that was given to help organize this club. Next meeting is scheduled for December 6th 7:00pm at the SouthPointe HobbyTown. If anyone has any objections to this please let me know. If you have items that you would like me to put on the agenda for the December meeting please email them to me. Thank you

Jason Meyer

Midwest Racer’s Organization

Minutes of Meeting held November 1st 7:00pm

East Park Hobby Town USA

The November meeting started a little late due to the fact that we needed to move to the lobby of the East Park Mall. There was a large gathering of card players at the EastPark store.

Once we got moved over there the meeting started with a recap of the major points of what was discussed at the last months meeting.

- Race Schedule

- ByLaws

- Treasurer Report

- Logos submitted by Nolan Waak

The first new business topic was to see who is interested in being a race director for the 2006 race season. Jamee Everson, Lance Leapley, Kent Sorenson, Robert Beals, and Nolan Waak expressed interest. Again a lot of opinions were expressed about the race director being able to race and the consensus seems to be if the races don’t get delayed the race director can race. Another popular idea seems to be that we have more than one person responsible for the races, not just one race director. The race director could be responsible for getting the computer setup, PA setup, and get people registered and heats posted. Another position we could have is track director who is responsible for getting the track prepped and answering racers questions/concerns. Maybe some kind of schedule can be setup to go along with the race schedule to have people scheduled to be race directors and track directors.

The next topic was class rules. The biggest problem we seem to have is Off Road, Monster Truck class. There was a lot of discussion about what should and should not be allowed in monster truck class. Stock (ready to run) monster trucks with transmissions seemed to fit in one class and monster trucks with differentials (1/8 scale conversions) seemed to fit in another class. No decisions were made on Monster Truck class and this will require more discussion to see what is and what is not allowed in what class. Another class that held some discussion was a beginner class. Several ideas where thrown out as far as what we should do for a beginner class. The plex spec class that Alex runs up in Omaha was used as an example. Another idea was that everyone started out in some sort of beginner class and then they would graduate from that class into the class that their vehichle fell under. The tough problem here seems to be do we base classes on skill level or on type of vehicle or some combination of both. Again, more discussion will need to take place on class rules.

Next up Lance Leapley discussed the meeting that is to take place between the club and the city to discuss the handing off of the races to the club and also to move forward with the non-profit status. Membership cards were also discussed. What type of card we are going to use is yet to be decided. We are currently searching for a good price on some preprinted cards.

There was also some discussion on improvements that need to be made to the tracks. Getting the lights off of the driver’s stand has been a long time goal. The biggest problem with this is the cost. If we setup lights according to city code there is substantial cost. Several people brought up various ideas about what could be done to improve the situation but no hard decisions were made.

There are some large purchases that the club needs to make in order to run any races for the 2006 race season. We need a laptop to replace the one that was used for the 2006 race season, a job box to store equipment in at the track, traction compound for on-road races.

Meeting adjourned.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.roarracing.com/rules.php

Look at that for monster truck rules. There is a link specifically for "monster truck".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.