Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club) >

Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=killer MSR] I have some ideas. #1 is too advertise in the lincoln paper. such as race results and up coming races. #2 maybe have a r/c play night that everyone can have fun. (monster night) #3 how cleanness all alround the track including the junk under the stairs and the door. #4 maybe a couple times a year have cook out for the racers. #5 how about outhouses and more picnic talpes.

thanks
KILLER nate[/DON'T HATE ME HATE THE MONEY I SPEND
Old 08-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Great Ideas Nate!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

what is a picnic talpes J/K

those are great ideas, howz about a BEER garden, you know to help with the heat and everything.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Good suggestions, Nate. I think they all five of those would be good to do.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nate those are good ideas. One thing that I would have to say about the the cleaniness is that people need to clean up after there selves also. I threw away a lot of cups and bottles and what not Tuesday night after the races. I think that would be the first step for keeping the place clean.

As for the boards and stuff under the stairs a lot of it could be thrown out but some of it would be nice to keep for further projects. It just needs to be stacked up better.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Setup non-profit account
Liabilty insurance
how does non- profit work
make out a mailer that would be sent out to everyone that we have addresses for
flyers for the stores
up date the website front page about the club
signs for out at the track
look for track and club sponsers i.e AE Losi Mugen Serpent Traxxas HPI plus local buisness
rentals places would be a good place to seek some sort of sponsership free weekend use of equipment
club officers
club dues??
price to race is there going to be a discount for club members
make up comitees to work on each project
how to work together for both the on-road and off-road
do we want to have the goodyear track involved ? Is it worth it??
Think of the big ticket items that might be need for next year. The P.A. may be on its last leg computer we know stinks transponders don't seem to hold a charge as well printer don't work the greatest. Would it be worth the money to update to the RC Pro scoring software. We will need to figure out how to spend money wisely since HT will not open up there pocket books everytime if we plan on doing this.
Lights off the drivers stand- can we stretch the rules here and put up lights how we see fit? I don't see someone freaking out as long as it looks professional.

A quality directing of the track. I would like to see this ran as if it's a racing situation. It's been no doubt getting better. But, I think we should keep our eye out for someone who has that unique personality to draw in more racers and invite him/her to direct the races.

get a schedule made up for big races. Work on maybe doing one big on-road and of-road race. Try to get these races on the schedule for next summer now so people would have to schedule around us. Other than the traditional dated races that is. (starting grid has a lot of good info on race setup)
Work with Mark Z on HOA races for next summer
Do we do something during the winter time to keep the club active? If anything car pool to Omaha for carpet racing. Or to Hutch or possibly to KC rumor is that they might be getting a big indoor gas off-road track.

What does HT want as far as portions of the entry? Or do they want any of it? Let the club keep it for the sponsership of the track.
When what will HT veto decisions that the club makes?

I have more.

Last edited by huskerfreak; 08-10-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

I am concerned about those things. But, I am also concerned about the simple things.

Like:

Lights off the drivers stand- can we stretch the rules here and put up lights how we see fit? I don't see someone freaking out as long as it looks professional.

A quality directing of the track. I would like to see this ran as if it's a racing situation. It's been no doubt getting better. But, I think we should keep our eye out for someone who has that unique personality to draw in more racers and invite him/her to direct the races.

A lot of these things need to be decided in a meeting. It's good to bring them to this point. But, we need to actually discuss this stuff face to face. I guess that's what August 18th is all about. Get-R-Done!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Z
Tech Master

Looks like a great list to start with.

Z
Old 08-12-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Hey, I work for a graphic design, and copy place. I could do the mailings where I work. Unless there is something better down in lincoln.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
Hey, I work for a graphic design, and copy place. I could do the mailings where I work. Unless there is something better down in lincoln.
That would be great Matt. I will talk to some people come up with what we need and let you know. If you are serious about doing this that would be awsome. Would this be by donation or would there be a charge from the company that you work for?
Old 08-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

A thought I had was to make Saturday racing a once a month deal... It hasn't been successful as far as a club thing. But, if we offer it once a month that would open up possible out of town guys to come run with us and others who don't have much time. Whatcha think?
Old 08-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah I think that sounds great. Hey maybe we should get rid of all racing on the weekends and make them during the week at like 1:00 in the afternoon.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Suspended

good luck getting anyone to race then. people work during the day and kids have shcool
Old 08-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default I wish I could be so generous!

If I were that generous, it would be for free. but postage is a bitch, and I don't carry enough clout at my place of employment to let this one go. I could help compose the news letter free of charge. but printing postage and stuff would cost $$$$ Not alot if we had about 50 people. But that's what paying dues covers. stuff like this.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
If I were that generous, it would be for free. but postage is a bitch, and I don't carry enough clout at my place of employment to let this one go. I could help compose the news letter free of charge. but printing postage and stuff would cost $$$$ Not alot if we had about 50 people. But that's what paying dues covers. stuff like this.

All I thought was for you to compose the flyer. We could handle the postage and copies. SO that would be great if you could make them!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.