Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Kid's FLM E-Maxx >

Kid's FLM E-Maxx

Like Tree3Likes

Kid's FLM E-Maxx

Old 08-06-2017, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Oh man, all pictures has been removed since imgsafe is down and also photobucket has done the similar thing . They always mess with little kids like me .

Anyways, what has happened since last time I posted is that I replaced the hex hubs with HPP Germany hubs, they are very nice. The HPI nuts were bad they unscrew themselves despite having loctite. Other maintenance include replacing the transmission output shaft since it broke as well as replacing a few driveshafts pins for the MIP cvds. I also inspected my Hyper 7 diffs and they looked like new, no issues so far. Cleaned and re-greased the gears.

I also replaced my two 30x30 motor fans with a single 40x40mm fan because the vibrations made the rotor break lose from the shroud. Hopefully a bigger fan will be more durable.

Old fan mount:

New fan mount:

A few random pictures:

Now I don't have a motor anymore. I want to test something new, perhaps a Leopard 4092 1730kv.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Today I recieved my new motor, a Leopard 4092 1730kv, it is pretty long compared to the Castle 2200kv, how ever the magnets seem stronger in the Castle motor, if that even matters in terms of torque.

I made a three cable extensions to the motor because the stock wires are so short. Leopard supply you with 3x 6mm female connectors which plugs in to the 6mm male connectors. The extensions were sleeved for better looks. I then mounted the motor and used some blue threadlock on the screws.

The end result. I switched to a 23t pinion as well.

I did some slight testing and the acceleration seem better with this 1730kv motor compared to the 2200kv sensored from Castle. How ever the differance was not extremely big according to me. I do miss the sensored mode but I haven't found any sensored high torque 1700kv motor except the Tekin T8, which I am unsure how much more powerfull it is compared to the 2200kv. Conclusion: this motor is more powerfull and makes the truck more fun, but I didn't have any issues with the 2200kv either I just wanted to test something new, and it looks cool with such a big can . Temp wise I don't know I will have to check it but I don't think it will run so much cooler compared to the 2200kv because the can lacks fins as it is a boat motor.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Center differential mounted and RCM chassis. Soon to come 35mm extension.

ddd228 likes this.

Last edited by FunnieKid; 09-19-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Nice Emaxx you got there looks great. Oh btw i noticed your frustration about Photobucket. I found out you can install a plugin and then photos are visible again.
DOnt want to hijack your tread btw.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj
ddd228 likes this.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you, how ever I used "imgsafe", a host that is now gone. But it doesn't matter, the old images are outdated and don't provide anything to this thread . But I installed the plugin and now I can see all pictures of other peoples builds. I always looking for inspiration and motivation from others.

Also I have ordered two 30x30mm aluminum fans from yeah racing to use in my heatsink instead because the stock plastic fans have tendency to break loose from the frame. I have also ordered some FLM bulkhead brace but they send the wrong item so I am waiting on replacement. I will use the alza rc 142mm dog done for the rear once installing the 35mm extension.

I think with the extension the e-maxx will roughly be 20 cm shorter than the lst xxl2 and that is impressive considering how short the stock e-maxx really is. It is as wide as long and the handling is suffering a bit.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

any video of this new setup ? looks powerful !
Old 09-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry I don't have video recorder, I am planning on getting a go pro type of camera. But I haven't found any good juming spots only ones that are decent do it is not much to see .
Old 09-13-2017, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FunnieKid
Sorry I don't have video recorder, I am planning on getting a go pro type of camera. But I haven't found any good juming spots only ones that are decent do it is not much to see .
get some good rooster tails on dirt or gravel + some top speep shoots, that would be great
Old 09-14-2017, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Last edited by FunnieKid; 09-19-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like a pretty nice rig. I wish I got more time to run my monster truck. I can never seem to find anyone out here that wants to go bash them around or has the time to
Old 09-14-2017, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

I always drive solo, for my own enjoyment. Bulding is half the joy, I want it to look dope when "doing it".
Old 09-18-2017, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

A few pictures of todays bash, in some sand dunes. Hopefully this image host will provide better quality pictures than the low grade postimg.

I had some Traxxas aluminium bumpes laying around that I bought a while ago, so I mounted the rear ones (front ones are trash and only bend). And I added some aluminum washers to the front RPM bumpes to get a matching theme.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

A few pictures of my extended chassis, RC-Monster 35mm and Alza 142mm rear dog bone:

Old 10-01-2017, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

how pôwerful is the leopard motor compaired to the green Neu motor ?
Old 10-01-2017, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like to know as well or should a lst guy on 5s go for 2000 kv?

1730kv on 5s seems to be the sweet spot

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.