Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Update...Biggest, Baddest 1/8 MT on the Market

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 04:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DarkSammy
Yep, if you want monster truck and monster power it is a pretty good base. You going to run stock suspension arms or RPM?
I have both but I have RPM arm on the truck now.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Savage for sure!! I put mine through hell & back. The only thing I can complain about is the stock diffs don't last long on 6s while bashing on larger then stock wheels.

Diff later that day-

Old 05-16-2016, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

I vote for the Foxx VE/Mad Force VE 2.0 (Same basic truck, different tires and body). I beat the hell out of my Mad Force 2.0 nitro and it has only broken once, when I hit a brick wall with it in second gear due to a runaway. Cost me about $15 or so to fix it. The solid axles are awesome! The only downside is the parts, they are available online but not at the LHS, at least in my case with Hobbytown. The Savage is always a good choice, too! I don't know how fast the VE is in stock form, but the Savage hauls. Here's a pic of my Mad Force next to the 1/16 Revo and 1/8 Maxx for a size comparison.
http://dropbox.com/s/ff16r95k96wbu6n...25.58.jpg?dl=0
Old 05-20-2016, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dude, what about the Arrma Kraton! Hands down one of the most durable 1/8 MT'S available.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The Arma Kraton is super badass !!

+ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzf0WJPdOl4" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzf0WJPdOl4"> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzf0WJPdOl4" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Looks like the Nero is going to make a big statement in this category.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Traxxas Rustler

Old 05-25-2016, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by superjoe5000
Traxxas Rustler

The Rustler is not a 1/8 scale MT. :/
Old 06-12-2016, 06:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

your results may vary on the engineering but on the plastics...... i have had a BL erevo for 3 years and have yet to make it through a whole set of batteries with any sort of punishment. my neighbor is the VP of of a plastics company. i ordered a bunch of cheap plastics from varying companies and had them take a look. tekno, losi, durango (i will reserve what they actually are) have the strongest ones (i did not try xray and should have). Proline and HB were the next tier; big jump down traxxas; big jump down; toys. traxxas uses different plastics within the same vehicle. i am sure that is an engineering design that i am not qualified to comment on. the rest of the vehicles that i own use the same plastics throughout
Old 06-12-2016, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Very true, I have noticed this on my different trucks over the years. I'd have to say Axial has some of the worst plastic I've ever encountered, though some of it is pretty good. They use a mixture of different kinds like Traxxas does. My Yeti has not broken yet, but it has some pretty weak, springy plastic on it. The lower links and steering linkage are the worst. The chassis, roll cage, and axle aren't too bad, though. I suppose if they all used good plastic, then RPM would go out of business!
Old 06-15-2016, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

You wont be dissapointed with the XXL2-e

Gotta say the XMaxx looks like a lot of fun
Old 06-15-2016, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Dude get the new Arrma Nero! Or the Kraton is u like handling and big jumps I think it will be a little better than Nero but look on the Nero thread or online the Diffs are HUGE and look extremely durable compared to the other trucks mentioned.
I would only go X Maxx if you want something huge 1/6 scale and 35mph outta the box on 6s and stands a lot taller but Nero and Kraton are 65mph+ but aren't as huge and don't stand as high.

What type of bashing are u looking to do?
Old 06-17-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

For me, the Nero won the battle and now it is in my RC Garage looking huge and awesome. I've only drove it once, and didn't get enough drive time to say good or bad things outside of knowing I will definitely want more power. It's the perfect blend of everything that I -personally- wanted. Drivetrain...check. TVPs...check. Crazy awesome suspension...check. Massive...check. Expensive...check. Durable...check. Easy to work on...TBD!
Old 06-18-2016, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The HPI savage differentials are pretty strong, it's the stock slipper clutch that sucks. Either get a Robinson racing Gen3 clutch assembly for it, or ditch the transmission entirely for an Alza center diff mount. With proper give in the drive-train, and not having close to 20lbs of truck slamming into the diffs (or in my case, 21lbs), they hold up fine. Mine have very little wear on the planetary and sun gears. Cross pins in the sun gears are fine as well.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Savage has its weaknesses, and its kind of a money pit if you do decide to buy new and upgrade it with Alza plates, diff kit, etc. I agree though, drivetrain is very strong. It's sort of a shame there hasn't been an updated savage. Hopefully HPI continues it's thing after being bought by Ripmax. It would be nice to have a good truck with long term parts support.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.