Traxxas X-Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

bummer cannot post link.nankin has this tax day one
Old 04-18-2018, 09:22 PM
VIX
Tech Rookie

My Xmaxx 8S with upgrades almost ready...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zr770XCBSGM#

AJH387 likes this.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:28 AM
Tech Adept

Man you have done some work on that VIX! Nice and clean! My green one arrives this week - can't wait!
Old 04-19-2018, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

I wouldn't say exactly clean, I only see alot of integy parts and other bits and bobs that don't have any purpose.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:09 AM
VIX
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by drivejumpfly
Man you have done some work on that VIX! Nice and clean! My green one arrives this week - can't wait!
Thx! Congrats and enjoy your Xmaxx! Ps. many people have no ideas whats on the car and for what reason. It has 20HP/15000W 1440kv motor and a lot of modifications, only 2 Integy parts! Skid plates and small gear cover. This guy)) all custom made and upper arm holes/ front and rear as well covered from dirt to enter.. Im doing wheelies over 60mph under half throttle.. should do around 90mph, these tires balloning to much over 55mph.. i have other for speed runs, its a Monster! ))
Old 04-19-2018, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

And those skid plates are covered in vinyl, which will scratch away when you hit a rock or rouch surface. Just saying. Also how do you prevent dirt from entering the chassis unless you have a rubber seal between the parts? You would want an open chassis so the dirt doesn't stay there and easier to clean.

I appreciate your ambition, but it is difficult to see any need for those mods other than easthetics. From a bashers point of view, it will only be more difficult to maintain the truck with all those bling parts.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:17 AM
VIX
Tech Rookie

Well FunnieKid, i thought you understood its not built for bashing... I don't want open chassi or spend time cleaning inside, therefore its built like this.. Im using dusty motors cover, the car is completly sealed from inside and has removable plates (isolation under) outside for easy cleaning and replacement if damaged. Ps. all covers are not ready outside or LED under body and running boards etc, will be carbon covers over all sides, only right front is finished. I would say it looks pretty clean vs most trucks with big motors and Max5 with cables all over. Im running to big batteries for stock battery holders, everything is modified for a reason.. Some people use the car like you, some like me. I like more to modify it then driving to be honest...

Unfortunately i can't upload pics here yet, you would see how dirty it was driving on mud and wet grass, nothing inside.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Vix i can see that.get a id error
Old 04-22-2018, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

It is almost time to top my videos with my new GREEN one! Just opened the box it was in! I know the green ones are faster, but let's hope they are stronger!

Old 04-23-2018, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is almost time to top my videos with my new GREEN one! Just opened the box it was in! I know the green ones are faster, but let's hope they are stronger!

Nice!

Hey, you're not kidding about the Green ones being faster btw. I just got my Green X-Maxx 2 weeks ago and did a speed run with fully charged 8S lipos and got over 42MPH BONE STOCK!!!!!!!! I'm happy! I did this run less than 2 hours ago...

I just remembered I can change the color of the DigiHUD app display so I just snapped a pic of it in green to match my beast!!!!

Last edited by Nickerz; 04-23-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default Servo & Maybe ESC Issue?

Wow, only 2 weeks old and I've got maybe 2 issues but one definite servo issue.

I'll get to the servo but first off can anyone confirm when you use throttle to go from...

Reverse to forward = X-Maxx brakes, then pressing forward again, X-Maxx goes forward?

If this is true, I don't see any mention of this. Page 16 of Manual (top left) says...
"Using Reverse: While driving, push the throttle trigger forward to apply brakes. Once stopped, return the throttle trigger to neutral. Push the throttle trigger forward again to engage proportional reverse."

The reason I'm asking is I'm having a hard time with the throttle being consistent. I know when you go from forward to reverse, it brakes first...then you have to press reverse again to go in reverse. But I didn't know this is the same for going reverse to forward. At least, that's what mine is doing. I'm assuming this is to protect the gears?

When I asked Traxxas tech support, they had to think about it at first and then confirmed this is how it's setup.

If that's true, I still have on video, issues when I apply forward throttle (pressing it several times forward) and nothing happens. It mainly happens when I'm going from reverse to forward, so I'm trying to figure this out. Is it a glitch or is this a feature to protect the gears or is it both?

2nd Issue:
Now my servo definitely sounds shot. I have my entire run on video (along with the ESC issue) and at the time, I wasn't even running it, I was getting my dog setup and noticed a loud noise that I thought was the fan getting louder. Turned out the servo was making the loud noise and I had no steering. I had just driven the X-Maxx over to this spot and it was working fine and then I set my radio down, took care of my dog and the servo gave out.

Here are the 2 videos...

ESC Issue:

Servo Issue:
Old 05-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Your speed is spot on. I ran 41.9 mph with my blue one bone stock other than the Shoe Goo/Fiba Tape reinforcement. The X-Maxx is just a great truck all around. I cannot wait to finish my first round of modifications. How are your temperatures?

About the reverse problem. Can you show what the truck is doing when you are using the control? I could not tell what the truck was doing because I just saw the tx. I press reverse, let go, press forward and then it goes from reverse to forward.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default 53.79MPH Using The Optional 46T Spur Gear...

Your speed is spot on. I ran 41.9 mph with my blue one bone stock other than the Shoe Goo/Fiba Tape reinforcement. The X-Maxx is just a great truck all around. I cannot wait to finish my first round of modifications. How are your temperatures?

About the reverse problem. Can you show what the truck is doing when you are using the control? I could not tell what the truck was doing because I just saw the tx. I press reverse, let go, press forward and then it goes from reverse to forward.
Temps seem to be fine (I know around 115-123° but this was with the optional 46T spur, can't remember exactly what it was with the 54T stock spur). With all stock, except using the optional 46T spur, this last Friday night I managed to top out around high 53MPH! Here is another short clip of the ESC problem...

Old 05-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

so what's the best xmaxx video so far ? showing the best jumps ?
Old 05-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does that happen during regular running or just speed runs? It almost looks like it’s loosing radio signal. Then when you raise the controller it gets signal back. I’ve had that with other vehicles. I used to drive one handed a lot to film video. Controller would just be in left hand, hanging to my side. I don’t remember either of my XMaxx doing it. I’ve had Kyosho and Hpi vehicle loose signal. Had to raise controller above my head, or physically walk closer to vehicle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.