Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E maxx brushless FLM build!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Your t bone doesn't look as wide as mine was where it bolts on. I cut it down a little and it fit. I tested it out today on 4s and made it pretty much all the way through the packs. Right at the end the rear diff cup grub screw backed out again. I'm going to red loctite it this time. I have some 3s packs charged for tomorrow to really beat on it. Did a good bit of cartwheeling and bad jump landings and nothing happened.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Well got it out today on 6s and busted a rear diff. Did a standing backflip and it went (I know I know but I couldn't help myself). So what's the best way to go for a drop in diff on the flm hybrid bulk? Vorza diffs?
Old 02-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chipmonk
Well got it out today on 6s and busted a rear diff. Did a standing backflip and it went (I know I know but I couldn't help myself). So what's the best way to go for a drop in diff on the flm hybrid bulk? Vorza diffs?
Rock-rod on the traxxas forum runs those votza diffs, he'd be the man to ask about those. I run the hyper 7's and they have been great to me. The vorza iS a spiral cut gear, the hyper is beveled.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BuGgYBaShEr.28
Rock-rod on the traxxas forum runs those votza diffs, he'd be the man to ask about those. I run the hyper 7's and they have been great to me. The vorza iS a spiral cut gear, the hyper is beveled.
What's the difference between the spiral and bevel gears?
Old 02-08-2015, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I also run the hyper 7 diffs in my flm hybrids. I also have run the hpi trophy Truggy diffs. Both just drop right in. May need. Couple shims but no biggie. Remember tho if you use the hyper 7 diffs make sure they are the tq not the ss
Old 02-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slapjack
I also run the hyper 7 diffs in my flm hybrids. I also have run the hpi trophy Truggy diffs. Both just drop right in. May need. Couple shims but no biggie. Remember tho if you use the hyper 7 diffs make sure they are the tq not the ss
Is one stronger than the other?
Old 02-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Is one stronger than the other?
Not sure what the difference is wish I could help there. The spiral gears is more like a 1/1 car and probably wouldn't like going in reverse but other than that I don't know. I can speak for the hyper 7's and they are a drop in like slapjack said. And also yes make sure you get the "tq" model diffs if you go that route. I'm sure the vorza diffs would be fine but the hyper can be had cheaper.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Not sure what the difference is wish I could help there. The spiral gears is more like a 1/1 car and probably wouldn't like going in reverse but other than that I don't know. I can speak for the hyper 7's and they are a drop in like slapjack said. And also yes make sure you get the "tq" model diffs if you go that route. I'm sure the vorza diffs would be fine but the hyper can be had cheaper.
I'll order the hyper 7's then would 30k fluid be ok in the front and rear?
Old 02-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

I'll order the hyper 7's then would 30k fluid be ok in the front and rear?
I'm currently running 30k but would like to be running 50k. I would try that.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

I'm currently running 30k but would like to be running 50k. I would try that.
Ok what does the thicker fluid do exactly? I just ordered 2 hyper 7 tq diffs. Found a great deal on chop shop new ones on ebay for $15 shipped each.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

Ok what does the thicker fluid do exactly? I just ordered 2 hyper 7 tq diffs. Found a great deal on chop shop new ones on ebay for $15 shipped each.
Ya they can had pretty cheap lol. The thicker fluid will give you more "drive". More of a limited slip affect like a real 1/1 car. Thicker fluid will give you more 4wd over a thinner fluid.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Ya they can had pretty cheap lol. The thicker fluid will give you more "drive". More of a limited slip affect like a real 1/1 car. Thicker fluid will give you more 4wd over a thinner fluid.
I wasn't expecting them to be that cheap, pretty sweet! I'll pick up some 50k fluid to fill them with, thanks for the info. I had some crappy he tools that stripped the mip grub screws for the axle to the diff. Not looking forward to getting those out. Anyone know where I can get just those grub screws?
Old 02-09-2015, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What's the difference between the spiral and bevel gears?
Spiral cut gears have a circular shape to the teeth so on the ring gear the teeth start at the center but follow an arc to the outside of the gear. The other kind is straight cut gears where obviously the teeth are straight. Both are considered bevel gears it's the cut that's different.

Spiral cut gears can be quieter and some say stronger due to the spiral having more contact area. The downside is the spiral causes the gears to want to separate from each other increasing loading on the bearings and requiring more frequent checking and adjustment of the mesh (shimming) in RC vehicles.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:17 AM
Tech Regular

I wasn't expecting them to be that cheap, pretty sweet! I'll pick up some 50k fluid to fill them with, thanks for the info. I had some crappy he tools that stripped the mip grub screws for the axle to the diff. Not looking forward to getting those out. Anyone know where I can get just those grub screws?
Ya good luck. I did that a while back and ended up using a milling machine to get it out. That hardened screw is tough! If its the ones attached to the drive cup then use the updated screws. Part # 99060

Also remember if you use red locktite, in which case I do, be sure to apply heat before removing anything with red locktite. Will keep you from stripping screws. And fine tools also help, cheap Allen's are not the best choice
Old 02-09-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Ya good luck. I did that a while back and ended up using a milling machine to get it out. That hardened screw is tough! If its the ones attached to the drive cup then use the updated screws. Part # 99060

Also remember if you use red locktite, in which case I do, be sure to apply heat before removing anything with red locktite. Will keep you from stripping screws. And fine tools also help, cheap Allen's are not the best choice
Thanks for the part #, i ordered 2 sets. I got some good tools from the lhs the other day so it doesnt happen again. It is going to be a pita the get these out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.