Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E maxx brushless FLM build!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chipmonk
maybe I was not looking at it right, but it seems the rpms true track will hit it pretty good.
I also run the rear bumper/wheelie bar and fits fine. Also have the rpm wear plate under it too.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok so I got the truck all together. Took it outside to do a quick test and see what happened. When I hit the gas hard it turns really hard. Could I have a diff in upside down or something? When I turn the spur with the motor off all 4 wheels go in the same direction, kind of at a loss here. Also steering really does need an upgrade with these giant trenchers! Servo upgrade coming soon.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

Ok so I got the truck all together. Took it outside to do a quick test and see what happened. When I hit the gas hard it turns really hard. Could I have a diff in upside down or something?
It seems that you plugged the esc into ch1 which it is for the servo.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc_collector
It seems that you plugged the esc into ch1 which it is for the servo.
Sorry i worded that little strange, the servo and esc are plugged in correctly. When im slow on the gas its ok but when i hit it hard it pulls really hard to the side. maybe it was because it was very cold last night and i was on the driveway. ill have to test it again today when i get home from work and see what happens. if it still does it i will take a video.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

BTW if anyone wants to see some pictures of it i have a thread on the traxxas forums under emaxx brushless section. Im under the same username over there.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Ok so I got the truck all together. Took it outside to do a quick test and see what happened. When I hit the gas hard it turns really hard. Could I have a diff in upside down or something? When I turn the spur with the motor off all 4 wheels go in the same direction, kind of at a loss here. Also steering really does need an upgrade with these giant trenchers! Servo upgrade coming soon.
Sounds like the servos are not holding when under a load like that, if its the stock servos than yes that will happen. Plus they don't have the power or torque to hold those big tires. I run dual savox 0231 they are waterproof with 208oz each, making 416oz total. Stock you'll have only 250oz, so quiet a bit of difference.

As for as you turning the spur, with the motor off I would think all four wheels should go in the use direction? That's what the motor does so I dont see a problem there. Usually if a diff is in the wrong direction, the truck won't and can't possibly move at all. One will go one direction, the other I'm the opposite, making them fighting each other so it wouldnt move if that's the case. Hope I'm of some help bud.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BuGgYBaShEr.28
Sounds like the servos are not holding when under a load like that, if its the stock servos than yes that will happen. Plus they don't have the power or torque to hold those big tires. I run dual savox 0231 they are waterproof with 208oz each, making 416oz total. Stock you'll have only 250oz, so quiet a bit of difference.

As for as you turning the spur, with the motor off I would think all four wheels should go in the use direction? That's what the motor does so I dont see a problem there. Usually if a diff is in the wrong direction, the truck won't and can't possibly move at all. One will go one direction, the other I'm the opposite, making them fighting each other so it wouldnt move if that's the case. Hope I'm of some help bud.
Thanks for the help, if thats the case im going to just run to the lhs and get some upgraded servos because i dont want to wait to drive this thing! lol.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BuGgYBaShEr.28
I also run the rear bumper/wheelie bar and fits fine. Also have the rpm wear plate under it too.
Could you post a pic of your t bones mounted up? The underside of the truck if you could. Min look like they won't go on without cutting.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Ok so it's the rear diff. Something is messed up. The front works fine but the rear barely does anything when I hit the gas. I tore it down to inspect it and everything looked fine. So I then thought maybe it's because it only has 5k diff fluid, I changed it to 30k and re-assembled. It's still doing the same thing. I checked everything in the diff and all the gears look ok, anyone have any idea what's going on? When I spin one of the wheels they both go the same way instead of opposite like they are supposed to.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

My truck did that pulling to one side deal first time out with my flm maxx. It was cold and on pavement too so that is what I thought the cause was (not hooking up). Turned out a set screw came loose on one of the diff outdrive cups. Gota use a decent amount of blue lictite or even some red. Maybe that is what happened with yours.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slapjack
My truck did that pulling to one side deal first time out with my flm maxx. It was cold and on pavement too so that is what I thought the cause was (not hooking up). Turned out a set screw came loose on one of the diff outdrive cups. Gota use a decent amount of blue lictite or even some red. Maybe that is what happened with yours.
Good call, i bet the grub screw on the center cup isnt long enough. I had to make my own since i couldn't use the stock ones. it would explain why neither wheel is spinning!
Old 02-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Good call, i bet the grub screw on the center cup isnt long enough. I had to make my own since i couldn't use the stock ones. it would explain why neither wheel is spinning!
Yea that is probably it. Sounds exactly like what happened to mine. Check them both (front and rear while you are at it).
Old 02-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Yea that is probably it. Sounds exactly like what happened to mine. Check them both (front and rear while you are at it).
This absolutely was the issue, thanks! Took it out for a short ride and everything seemed good. I'm going to beat on it pretty hard this weekend to test it out!
Old 02-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

This absolutely was the issue, thanks! Took it out for a short ride and everything seemed good. I'm going to beat on it pretty hard this weekend to test it out!
Good Deal!! Glad you figured it out
Old 02-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Could you post a pic of your t bones mounted up? The underside of the truck if you could. Min look like they won't go on without cutting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.