Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have most of it lol. The esc and program card are gone. Motor is pulled out. Just basically a roller and spares and the kit to mod it to servo saver on servo. Oh and u still have the body.I'd let the roller go cheap in my eyes.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey flou have you thought about making your mad beast into a crawler. I know someone posted a YouTube video of theirs.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default I own this truck

Hello all. I've been lurking around on here and decided to try this mad beast. Since I've had it I've upgraded the servo the servo saver and tires and wheels. The body just cracked on me when I crashed it. Anyways, seems like a good truck so far. I actually just ordered a body for it. I'm running stock electronics on 4S with deans connectors. Anyways does anybody here still have 1 of these or did everyone sell them off already?
Old 01-24-2017, 06:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry about your bad luck. This trucjmk is very similar to the HPI Savage but there's too many differences. Nothing lines up. I thought I could swap the diffs and trns dem a savage but uii can't. What I did do...

Pick up an old nitro savage from eBay or craighlist or Facebook really cheap. Then.. Swap the motor mount and battery trays to the hpi savage. Now you have a sweet brushless truck that won't break down and all savage, savage xl, etc, parts swap. So for $30 you can swap to bulletproof diffs, and whatever else fits the savage. Putting the battery trays and motor mount on a savage is super easy.

Fact is.. This exceed truck is junk and you will eventually need to upgrade. It'd not all bad because the motor mount is hard to get and it's a godsend when it comes to converting a savage.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tmoon
Sorry about your bad luck. This trucjmk is very similar to the HPI Savage but there's too many differences. Nothing lines up. I thought I could swap the diffs and trns dem a savage but uii can't. What I did do...

Pick up an old nitro savage from eBay or craighlist or Facebook really cheap. Then.. Swap the motor mount and battery trays to the hpi savage. Now you have a sweet brushless truck that won't break down and all savage, savage xl, etc, parts swap. So for $30 you can swap to bulletproof diffs, and whatever else fits the savage. Putting the battery trays and motor mount on a savage is super easy.

Fact is.. This exceed truck is junk and you will eventually need to upgrade. It'd not all bad because the motor mount is hard to get and it's a godsend when it comes to converting a savage.
No bad luck other than the body as of yet. I've already went thru and regreased and shimmed the diffs. Now, I do own a emaxx and so far it has been good as well. Only time will tell with this truck. I guess everyone sold theirs off already.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Because the materials they're made if are junk. You'll learn soon enough. I have mine a try. It not worth it. For the Dane price, I can get a used savage .25 and a 4s brushless setup