Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Want to get a monster truck need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Suspended

Cool

you guys are awesome love you opinions and advice just remember don't go paying people out for there opinions everyoneS expirence with their models is different and this will change their opinion on things

I AM
Old 05-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Like the previous post says..losi xxl..best MT period..best for bashing, easier to service, cheap parts, and has street cred.. Eats savages,erevos, t max's for breakfast lunch and tea
Love my xxl!!!
Go brushless and you won't look back
Old 05-14-2013, 01:12 AM
Suspended

Cool

do monster trucks come in nitro or are they mostly electric

I AM
Old 05-14-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Never ran nitro, but outta the electric ones ive owned (revo, savage and both maxxes) and the revo hands down. Fun, handling and durability outta the box.

Thats my opinion.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Overdriven
Coolness factor: LST + Revo about tied, Savage
Originally Posted by fr8cture
More like: Savage, revo, LST distant 3rd.
Then why you Savy guys trying to be like us LST'ers and stealing our shocks? Nuff said!

Seriously coolness is a subjective category. Savage is a classic MT design which is cool, LST and Revo have cooler features and design IMO. Btw I've owned LST, Revo, Maxx and Savage and my first post was an outline to expand upon.

HerrSavage thanks for the support!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:03 AM
Suspended

Smile

Then why you Savy guys trying to be like us LST'ers and stealing our shocks? Nuff said!

Seriously coolness is a subjective category. Savage is a classic MT design which is cool, LST and Revo have cooler features and design IMO. Btw I've owned LST, Revo, Maxx and Savage and my first post was an outline to expand upon.
overdriven don't let it bother you ever one has there own opinion whether it wright or wrong you most likley won't change someones opinion . I AM
Old 05-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GVMAN
overdriven don't let it bother you ever one has there own opinion whether it wright or wrong you most likley won't change someones opinion . I AM
Nah, I'm not. Explaining my opinion doesn't invalidate anyone else's either. And no matter what this thread will be at least 3 pages of opinions! Lol

Last edited by Overdriven; 05-14-2013 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Damn iPhone
Old 05-14-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Heres my opinions...again:

Coolness:
1. LST
2. Savage
3. Revo

Durability:

All I know is the Savage is FAR above the revo because I have never owned an lst

Aftermarket:

1. Revo
2. Savage
3. LST
Old 05-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

HerrSavage thanks for the support!
Didn't get my savage yet but i saw a vid on that and they look terrible on a savage, lol. The thing I don't like about the LST is how the chassis hangs below the body so much.
Also the TVP design is what drew me in and the fact my revo is a POS.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

SOLID AXLE!!!

kyosho mad force ve.

clodbuster w/ cpe terminator kit.

when men were men and the sheep were nervous, real mt's are solid axle, grow a set and see the light!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fr8cture
Didn't get my savage yet but i saw a vid on that and they look terrible on a savage, lol. The thing I don't like about the LST is how the chassis hangs below the body so much.
Also the TVP design is what drew me in and the fact my revo is a POS.
With the stock LST body in the right position you see the side rails but not the main deck or anything above it. Most aftermarket bodies dont come down that far and it doesn't help looks so I agree with ya there. Savages do look horrible with LST shocks, skinny thing with huge things at the corners! Lol.

Funny thing about Revo's, I had a nitro setup awesome and converted it to
electric with Traxxas chassis and trans. I hated it and could not get it to handle the same no matter what springs, shock oil, or sway bars I tried. I still seemed to have better luck than most Erevo guys, no breakage except a rear diff. And even that it was used for gallons as nitro then withstood a cc1518 on 6s with locked slipper for 2 seasons before letting go. Guess I've been luckier than most. So I have some respect for the nitro Revo, all their other stuff is crap, only reason I have a Rally is because I got a smoking deal on it and a set of Tekno shafts for it at the same time.

Last edited by Overdriven; 05-14-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

With the stock LST body in the right position you see the side rails but not the main deck or anything above it. Most aftermarket bodies dont come down that far and it doesn't help looks so I agree with ya there. Savages do look horrible with LST shocks, skinny thing with huge things at the corners! Lol.

Funny thing about Revo's, I had a nitro setup awesome and converted it to
electric with Traxxas chassis and trans. I hated it and could not get it to handle the same no matter what springs, shock oil, or sway bars I tried. I still seemed to have better luck than most Erevo guys, no breakage except a rear diff. And even that it was used for gallons as nitro then withstood a cc1518 on 6s with locked slipper for 2 seasons before letting go. Guess I've been luckier than most. So I have some respect for the nitro Revo, all their other stuff is crap, only reason I have a Rally is because I got a smoking deal on it and a set of Tekno shafts for it at the same time.
I have the e-revo and pretty sure I had the worst luck of anyone that owned one.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Bpass the Savage..........LST or nothing.

Savages are supposed to be "known" as being durable, but I have seen an obscene amount of parts breakage that last month from local members bashing them at the track............the LST XXL comes with a much higher quality engine, electronics and transmitter..........in reality only needs a few key parts to make it near indestructable........handles light years better than a Savage............all around from the ground up a much better MT.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The lst xxl is the better package out of the box, I'll give u that one... As far as the SH engine being better then the Force .28 that come in the X rtr that's negotiable as there both just rtr mills... Rebadged JR servos and Spektrum radio is pretty nice tho. Sure the lst platform is tough but its old and dated... It doesnt take much for a Savage to corner well neither, lower the ride hight add thicker shock oil and truggy wheels will improve handling. The Losi truck is an awesome package stock tho dont get me wrong and If I wanted to keep my truck stock I would have went with an XXL.

Me personally I tried to sell my self on the XXL platform before I bought my Savage lol but nah It looks like too much like dinosaur so I went with HPI and havent looked back... The Savage has WAYYY more aftermarket support and I'm not talking about Integy or GPM crap neither I'm talking about CNC'd parts from manufactures that machine there own materials ie FLM, Lunsford, PRC and IRC.

Both thought trucks, two very solid platforms. OP try to find a LHS that carries both Losi and HPI, look at the two for ur self and make a decision that way... I'm telling u Savage the other guys telling u XXL, we can do this all day but it's ur decision in the end.

Last edited by EH23; 05-15-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EH23
The lst xxl is the better package out of the box, I'll give u that one... As far as the SH engine being better then the Force .28 that come in the X rtr that's negotiable as there both just rtr mills... Rebadged JR servos and Spektrum radio is pretty nice tho. Sure the lst platform is tough but its old and dated... It doesnt take much for a Savage to corner well neither, lower the ride hight add thicker shock oil and truggy wheels will improve handling. The Losi truck is an awesome package stock tho dont get me wrong and If I wanted to keep my truck stock I would have went with an XXL.

Me personally I tried to sell my self on the XXL platform before I bought my Savage lol but nah It looks like too much like dinosaur so I went with HPI and havent looked back... The Savage has WAYYY more aftermarket support and I'm not talking about Integy or GPM crap neither I'm talking about CNC'd parts from manufactures that machine there own materials ie FLM, Lunsford, PRC and IRC.

Both thought trucks, two very solid platforms. OP try to find a LHS that carries both Losi and HPI, look at the two for ur self and make a decision that way... I'm telling u Savage the other guys telling u XXL, we can do this all day but it's ur decision in the end.
Errrrr, a Dinosaur? How do you figure? Outdated? Again, how do you figure? The chassis/suspension of the XXL is miles better than the Savage. Its basically an oversized truggy in reality. TVP chassis on the other hand is quite dated. Ill take a well thought out dual rail pan style chassis over a clumsy standard TVP anyday of the week. Be it a MT or not.

As for the engine, the Losi/LRP .28 spec3 mill is what I would call a "plus" rtr engine. Build quality is typical of rtr, but tune/performance is well above typical.

As far as aftermarket support, in reality it is about even. And Im talking about the quality aftermarket parts.......not the integy/gpm stuff either. Nor even alloy parts for that matter(which technically in many cases is not an upgrade beyond a shelf/bling factor either).

I know both of these platforms quite well. The Savage platform doesn't hold any postive aspect over the LST from a fundamental design standpoint, nor does its aftermarket support lend to any major upgrades in that respect either.

I could have added a Savage to my stable long ago......instead I now have 3 XXL's and a SWB "LST2/XXL" hybrid. Racing or bashing, nothing else Id touch still to date on an 8th scale MT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.