Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
savage nitro or electric??? >

savage nitro or electric???

savage nitro or electric???

Old 04-17-2012, 03:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro View Post
Kind of like suckin' boobs through a bra....
Exactly!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Nitro though is visceral..
Lol your nitro resembles your bowels? lol.

vis·cer·al
   [vis-er-uhl] Show IPA
adjective
of or pertaining to the viscera.
affecting the viscera.
of the nature of or resembling viscera.
characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect: a visceral reaction.
characterized by or dealing with coarse or base emotions; earthy; crude: a visceral literary style.

vis·cer·a
   [vis-er-uh] Show IPA
plural noun, singular vis·cus  [vis-kuhs] Show IPA.
Anatomy, Zoology . the organs in the cavities of the body, especially those in the abdominal cavity.
(not used scientifically) the intestines; bowels.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Savages can barely stay together with a good nitro engine. With brushless they must require a lot of maintenance..

Yeah thats why you hear of so many unhappy flux owners
Old 04-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Tech Rookie

If you like working on things, and tweaking things constantly, get nitro.

If you like having something that you plug a battery in and go, get electric.

I prefer nitro personally, because I like working on things, and the sound and smell are a great bonus. If someone else can hear it, they are going to be more cautious, where as with electric if someone else is around and doesn't know you are, your basher could quickly turn into a paperweight.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Tech Champion

That means it's exhilerating, it has soul, you feel it in your gut. Electric is soulless and lame, regardless of how fast.

"Why look, that little silent plastic thing is rather fast..". Yawn. Nitro you feel.

Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
Lol your nitro resembles your bowels? lol.

vis·cer·al
   [vis-er-uhl] Show IPA
adjective
of or pertaining to the viscera.
affecting the viscera.
of the nature of or resembling viscera.
characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect: a visceral reaction.
characterized by or dealing with coarse or base emotions; earthy; crude: a visceral literary style.

vis·cer·a
   [vis-er-uh] Show IPA
plural noun, singular vis·cus  [vis-kuhs] Show IPA.
Anatomy, Zoology . the organs in the cavities of the body, especially those in the abdominal cavity.
(not used scientifically) the intestines; bowels.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Explicit_Spade View Post
If you like working on things, and tweaking things constantly, get nitro.

If you like having something that you plug a battery in and go, get electric.

I prefer nitro personally, because I like working on things, and the sound and smell are a great bonus. If someone else can hear it, they are going to be more cautious, where as with electric if someone else is around and doesn't know you are, your basher could quickly turn into a paperweight.
Not true: you don't have to "constantly work on and tweak things" with nitro. Maybe if all you know is RTR Traxxas engines.

Last edited by Herrsavage; 04-18-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Not true: Maybe if all you know is RTR Traxxas engines.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Electric is soulless and lame
Not true: Electric is not "soulless and lame". Maybe if all you know is Tyco or Nikko. Your comments are very condescending toward electrics. I think it lowers the value of your opinion to be so dismissive.

You ever drive a current brushless setup? My neighbors think my nitro Savage is cool but their jaws drop when I run my bl touring car. My bl Hpi Rally keeps up with the MTs on grass fields and has definitely never been called lame, even by the hardcore nitro crowd. Quiet, yes but I don't think its a knock. My setups aren't even the latest and greatest out there and they never fail to impress. I love my nitro Savages but I don't think any less of my electrics, I'm currently building a Sav Flux from an X SS kit so I can drive both. I can appreciate you prefer nitro (a lot) just don't count electrics out, quite a few people think their performance makes up for their lack of soul.

I don't think this question can be answered for the op. It's the same old Ford vs Chevy, Import vs Domestic, balsa vs foam argument. I was electric only for a long time and only recently discovered nitro. I like them both now. I say try and drive them both and see what you prefer.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

"Soulless and lame" and all the other negatives tossed at one side by the other are A) opinion and B) opinion.

You can only form your own opinion through experience.

The choice of Nitro vs. Electric comes down to a couple of external factors first. Where will you be running it most of the time? If the answer is "around the yard/neighborhood" then your best choice is electric, unless you live on a farm or don't care about your neighbors complaining and calling the police for noise disturbances.

Each type has its advantages/disadvantages. Try to read up on those advantages as much as you can. Filter out the opinion part of it as much as possible. These kinds of threads rarely have a reply that is objective. Once you've done that, the choice for your situation will hopefully be obvious.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

True to both of the above posts. I honestly don't have an interest in arguing about toy cars on the internet(or anywhere else). I do prefer being civil, and leaving people to do what they want. There is an electric section on this forum, which I never go to, because it absolutely doesn't interest me. Neither would a forum about basket-weaving or gardening.

HOWEVER, it is the electric people coming into threads like these and frankly talking trash. It's been going on for so long now, and IMO nitro guys are too tolerant of it. So, as this is a forum and yes it's all about opinions, I gave mine: electric is like watching paint dry. IN MY OPINION. I'm not saying that to antagonize people, but basically because elo people keep saying what they say about nitro, and as long as that's the case, I'll keep voicing my opinion in response. No offense to anybody personally; I also wouldn't go into a basket-weaving forum and talk trash there either.. Just saying.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Can you give examples of the "electric trash talking?"

The only things I see that resemble "trash talking" in this thread (or any others) are your frequent "electric has no soul/it sucks" comments.

Not bashing you, just giving my observations.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

"Electric is boring" is an opinion

"Electric is faster, cleaner, more powerful and more reliable" is a FACT
Old 04-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There are pros and cons to both! Nitro well its just nitro. Electric is quiet so its neighbor hood freindly, no tuning to weather conditions, No added running costs once you have your batteries and chargers! Everyone has a difference of opinion nitro guys have a stronger opinion because e-guys dont have to work real hard o have fun! The funny thing is back in the early 90's when nitro started hitting the scenes really hard it was really too loud and nitro guys complained about run times and charging times!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by norco kid View Post
"Electric is boring" is an opinion

"Electric is faster, cleaner, more powerful and more reliable" is a FACT
Faster, yes. Cleaner, perhaps. More reliable? Not if your tires are flying off and your diffs are exploding. Without tires or diffs, there goes "reliable", not to mention "faster".. Have a lipo blow up and the truck melt, there goes "cleaner".

OK OK, now someone will say that lipos don't really blow up. Well, most of the stuff said about nitro in threads like this is about as accurate(if not less so..)
Old 04-19-2012, 05:41 AM
Tech Initiate

all that this comes down to is that everyone has there own preference... if you run nitro your obviously gonna side with nitro if you run electric your gonna side with electric... It comes down to this if you want to hear your truck rev up and change gears and smell the nitro and have the time to work with the engine a little to get it tuned then go with nitro but if you dont and want to deal with charging the batteries and carrying the batteries around to get more than one run out an electric then get an electric.... I'm not trying to persuade you in anyway I am just trying to be honest with you because it is a big decision on whether you want to run nitro or electric

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.