Wiki Posts
Search

Building two E Maxxes

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Suteki
...Could you get that pic on what you filed down? That'd be great if you could...
here ya go, these tabs on the bulkheads had to be thinned a little bit to fit the notches in the chassis...

Old 03-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanx for that mate. What are your overall impressions? Looks great.

Easy to go together as in, apart from shaving that back a bit, did the rest of the build go quite smoothly?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Overall impression, I love it. It's nice to know nothing is going to break when I take it out, unless, like you said, I go mental and jump it off a building or something

For the most part everything else fit together pretty good. You just have to keep the screws loose until you get it all together, then back out each screw, thread lock it and tighten everything down. Gives you that flexibility you will need to line everything up.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Excellent. I also got a chance to watch that video, got me excited to get my Emaxx going again. Get a loose surface, lots of bumps and they are a lot of fun. Just sick of working on mine which is why I am thinking of going this direction. Always wanted to do the 1/8 diff mods but always seemed like a pain finding all the pieces, this makes it very easy.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's unfortunate you pretty much have to build these from scratch to get the ultimate basher but once you do they last forever. The only things I've done in 2 years of extreme abuse are replace bearings, bent hinge pins, bent skid plates, and the occasional cvd pin. I was having problems at first with diffs eating themselves but upgraded to cnc'd alluminum cases and heavy duty Hot Bodies diff gears and have not had any driveline issues in a long time.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080
Overall impression, I love it. It's nice to know nothing is going to break when I take it out.....
Yeah, gonna have to take that one back

Brought the truck out for some bashing at a BMX track my buddy found. I've seen other vids at bmx tracks, and they always look like a ton of fun.

My buddy had his 4x4 pede running on 3s, and I was running my usual 4s. Well, once the 4s hit lvc, I decided it would be a good idea to try out 6s. Screw castles warning of only using 4s max on the 2650kv motor, right?

So 6s goes in the truck, and let the camera roll....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And here is the footage from before I decided to go nuts...
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by SloRacer1080; 03-29-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Nice, I am glad to see someone else bashing there flm maxx as hard as I do. Those flm skids suck, they are like butter. I have bent mine back countless times and finally trashed it after it jammed all up in my steering rack. So imo if I was you I would not get another flm skid. Looks like you were having fun though and that's what it's about. Keep it up
Old 03-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looks cool. Sux for the carnage. I'm slowly buidling converting my 3.3 to a flm chassis. Thanks for the thread. Well at least you had a little fun LOL!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Hey mate what shocks are you using here? Want to convert to 4 shocks. The stuck ones are just so mushy.....
Old 04-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

PMd you Suteki.

Quick answer is they are from the Ofna Titan/Twin Titan truck.

Also, I fixed the truck for about $20. Ended up just grabbing another FLM skid for now cause they are cheap, and I will eventually pick up something better. And I had to replace the rear diff input drive cup, 2 for $10. That was all it needed other than getting the sheared screws out and fixing one of the bulks where it meets the chassis.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

nice vids. I'm thinking of getting rid of the rpm stuff and getting some FLM arms already for my emaxx!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Seems to me the truck might need some more plastic and vinyl in it. All metal = bending and snapping. If nothing can flex, the energy transfers to the weakest area, and breaks/bends it.

If you are planning 50+ ft jumps like that on the regular, I would put some RPM on it. A-arms and shock towers at the least to absorb some of the impacts from the tough hits.

Just my opinion though. If you like having that nice shiny truck, that is cool too. It looks phenomenal by the way.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon
...If you are planning 50+ ft jumps like that on the regular, I would put some RPM on it. A-arms and shock towers at the least to absorb some of the impacts from the tough hits.

Just my opinion though. If you like having that nice shiny truck, that is cool too. It looks phenomenal by the way.
Thanks man. Yeah I know it's not really built to take those kind of jumps. That was deff not part of the plan lol. That's what happens when you don't realize how fast the truck can go and how well the jumps launch the truck.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

Few questions for Maxx owners out there;

Want to get the Tekno RC axle carriers. I will be using the Traxxas CVD's. Are these a direct fit? Do I need to purchase the Tekno RC carriers with the 17mm adapters or just the axle carriers themselves? My truck is an EMBE and comes standard with 17mm adapters but I thought I read some where you need 8mm stubs so the Traxxas CVD's aren't a direct without the 8mm stubs?

Shocks I have heard good things about UE Supershocks.
http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ml?id=e8qQVH5v
Recommended?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Suteki
Few questions for Maxx owners out there;

Want to get the Tekno RC axle carriers. I will be using the Traxxas CVD's. Are these a direct fit? Do I need to purchase the Tekno RC carriers with the 17mm adapters or just the axle carriers themselves? My truck is an EMBE and comes standard with 17mm adapters but I thought I read some where you need 8mm stubs so the Traxxas CVD's aren't a direct without the 8mm stubs?

Shocks I have heard good things about UE Supershocks.
http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ml?id=e8qQVH5v
Recommended?
You have to have the 8mm stubs to use the Tekno carriers. Don't bother, just use the RPM Carriers. It accomplishes the same purpose; putting bigger bearings on the axles.

Haven't heard anything about the UE shocks myself. I use the Traxxas Big-Bore Shocks with TiNi Shafts and RC Raven dual-rate springs. Works great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.