Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
wanting some good upgrades >

wanting some good upgrades

wanting some good upgrades

Old 09-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? wanting some good upgrades

I have a Losi Aftershock and im wanting to to upgrade the trans. Will the XXL gearing fit in my trans? Im also wondering what other upgrades i can do?
I have RPM a-arms all the way around and a Losi HT tuned pipe with header on it.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

douglas, one of the first things i did to both my lst2 and muggies was buy the losi 15 degree carriers. they make a ton of difference in steering. whether racing or bashing you wont regret it. geeze there is so much stuff out there for them i dont know where id go next. i think the after shock comes with plastic shock bodies also, i might look into upgrading those also. losi makes some nice aluminum ones and also some nice hard anodized also. i'll have to think and look mine over, then get you some suggestions. you looking for needed upgrades correct, not just a bunch of bling.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Yea i dont want to make it a shelf queen but im looking for upgrades that will help the truck in the long run.. i know they say that the XXL trans gearing is a big plus but i didnt know if it would work in the aftershock.. I will look into getting the losi 15 degree carriers. it does need help in the steering.. thank you for any and all your help.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

douglas, the part number for those spindle carriers is losb 2105. for some reason they only show them for the lst2 and muggy, but i am 99% sure that the aftershock uses the same suspension as a lst2. one other upgrade i would also highly recommend is the dynamite max life clutch shoes. i use these in every 1/8th nitro i have and they are BITCHIN. super long wear and they dont melt, mushroom, like the other aluminum clutches. i cant even count how many gallons of fuel these will last you and they are well worth the time to swap out and the money spent.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Rookie

The carriers look like they will work.. i will look into the clutch also for it. Thank you again for your help.. if their is anything else please let me know
Old 09-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

The losi XXL transmission and bevel gear set will fit in your aftershock truck, but if you are running the stock engine that it came with I wouldn't suggest switching them because you will have less torque from the start and you will probably only 1 or 2 MPH faster depending on conditions. I would get the 7.4 lb shocks to stiffen it up some for better handleing.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Im wanting to get the LRP Z.28R spec 3 before i change the trans.. Im just trying to find out what all works so i can look into buying it all and making my truck solid.. thats what i have on it now is the 7.4 lb springs and i went from 30wt shock oil to 40 wt and it seems to handle a lot better