Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Better Nitro Monster: Traxxas Revo 3.3 or HPI Savage X 4.6? >

Better Nitro Monster: Traxxas Revo 3.3 or HPI Savage X 4.6?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Better Nitro Monster: Traxxas Revo 3.3 or HPI Savage X 4.6?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a good lcg chassis works wonders to the savage. and large truggy shock soak up the jumps pretty good IMO.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SLAYERDUDE
Pretty sure he meant DON'T waste $ on the 3 speed or reverse.
What's wrong with the three speed?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nickdawg18
What's wrong with the three speed?
It seems a lot of people have a hard time getting them to work right. Mine has worked flawlessly though. I've had the three speed since they first offered them in a do it yourself form, rather than buying the whole thing pre-assembled.

I will say that it doesn't increase speeds by much, but it is more of a fun thing to have and will make wheelies slightly easier. I think it is just cool to hear it shift twice while speeding along compared to the other guys who only shift once.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default (-:

KYOSHO MFR ALL THE WAY!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Revo? Hell yeah!

The revo 3.3 brings the savage begging for mercy! Small block outperforms, and is better all around! Throw in some rpm mods, and you've got a revo that can outperform a savage with three wheels and a leaking gas tank! I mean, come on guys, is this even a competition?

Revo: VROOOOOOM

Savage: Fart oh man this sucks

Choose revo 3.3 anyday!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Revo. Better handling, easier to work on.

Smaller engine = fuel economy.

The revo is lighter and in my opinion will be a better multi purpose basher.

Unless, of course you take the Thunder Tiger MTA4 into the equation. The MTA4 changes everything...
Old 04-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Revo is useless, if you are after a TRUE monster truck then go for the savage you cannot be more monster truck than that, LCG is not a monster truck, the reason you are after a monster truck is the height, wheels, rough terrains, bashing who cares about who turns better who goes faster? get a truck that covers ALL terrains, that Looks and handles like a true monster truck. that thunder tiger is kinda nice but still it aint a true monster truck. the Losi is quite awesome as well. you cant go wrong with any one of these just dont go the revo garbage way.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blockstudios
The revo 3.3 brings the savage begging for mercy! Small block outperforms, and is better all around! Throw in some rpm mods, and you've got a revo that can outperform a savage with three wheels and a leaking gas tank! I mean, come on guys, is this even a competition?

Revo: VROOOOOOM

Savage: Fart oh man this sucks

Choose revo 3.3 anyday!

Originally Posted by mongdex

Unless, of course you take the Thunder Tiger MTA4 into the equation. The MTA4 changes everything...
Originally Posted by creepycore
Revo is useless, if you are after a TRUE monster truck then go for the savage you cannot be more monster truck than that, LCG is not a monster truck, the reason you are after a monster truck is the height, wheels, rough terrains, bashing who cares about who turns better who goes faster? get a truck that covers ALL terrains, that Looks and handles like a true monster truck. that thunder tiger is kinda nice but still it aint a true monster truck. the Losi is quite awesome as well. you cant go wrong with any one of these just dont go the revo garbage way.
Congratulations guys! This thread was about 2 months away from it's 2nd birthday!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wolf16731
It seems a lot of people have a hard time getting them to work right. Mine has worked flawlessly though. I've had the three speed since they first offered them in a do it yourself form, rather than buying the whole thing pre-assembled.

I will say that it doesn't increase speeds by much, but it is more of a fun thing to have and will make wheelies slightly easier. I think it is just cool to hear it shift twice while speeding along compared to the other guys who only shift once.
Yeah, works perfect for me... and i have the slipper slightly loose ( I don't like to wear to much the drive train )
Old 04-03-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mongdex

But the mta for me is a TRUGGY, so is not the same thing... and 100% sure the losi 8ight t converted to MT will beat the MT4, just saying
Old 04-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pellogt
But the mta for me is a TRUGGY, so is not the same thing... and 100% sure the losi 8ight t converted to MT will beat the MT4, just saying
LOL , yeah , you gotta love the guys who think that MTA4 is a monster truck . Its a CHEAP truggy with big tires thrown on it and a truck body nothing more .

As you said take any of the latest truggies throw some MT wheels/tires on it and an MT body and you will have the same thing as an MTA4 but much stronger (no bent chassis or broken hinge pins) and be much better quality as well .

Best all around monster truck is still the Losi LST2/XXL btw It does have some flaws , but once you build it up its pretty unstoppable and can bash harder than the Savage IMO ....
Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
LOL , yeah , you gotta love the guys who think that MTA4 is a monster truck . Its a CHEAP truggy with big tires thrown on it and a truck body nothing more .

As you said take any of the latest truggies throw some MT wheels/tires on it and an MT body and you will have the same thing as an MTA4 but much stronger (no bent chassis or broken hinge pins) and be much better quality as well .

Best all around monster truck is still the Losi LST2/XXL btw It does have some flaws , but once you build it up its pretty unstoppable and can bash harder than the Savage IMO ....
Never had the Losi LST2, but in pictures looks very good.... Im sure coming from losi is something good.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Best all around monster truck is still the Losi LST2/XXL ....
Nuff said..

If i had to choose here though, Revo all day..
Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

The best nitro MT is still from Losi - and has been since the LST2 first came out (what, eight years ago?..)

The MT4 is not perfect, and yeah a converted 8T 2.0 or HB D8T is better, but those will cost literally twice as much. With TT the truck is cheap, and parts are cheap and everywhere..

There is a psychological factor at play when somebody sets off to build up a race truggy kit, and ends up having €1000 in it.. You're just not going to bash it like you would a €450 MT4 G3.. I think a lot of people set off thinking they're going to keep it within limits, but end up feeling pressured to have Tekin this, Tekno that, and then end up with something which cost so much that their sphincter is all clenched about how much money they put in this thing, and this inhibits how they're willing to treat it.. And IMO for really fun bashing there has to be something of a devil-may-care attitude...

For electrics, the MT4 G3 is hard to beat.. In the big picture of bashing, price is not irrelevant.. - IMO.. And heck - honestly, an ST-1 nitro with a few choice components would also make a great budget nitro basher...
Old 04-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Let me remind you guys....this is an argument between the savage and the revo. Not xxl's and mgt's.
The Savage would win by FAR in a monster truck battle between the savage and the revo. Durability of the revo stinks. We broke two a arms in one tank of fuel on by buddy's 3.3 revo once. And their engines are terrible. the 3.3 is a nightmare to tune

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.