Old 03-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helibrian
XXL $669.99 retail

Savage X $480 retail
t-maxx $435 retail
I shoulda said under $500 range, my mistake

Sure deals on any one of them can be found here and there. A friend of mine recently paid $365 on sale, plus coupon, for a Savage x.
Yeah, but to be quite honest here, $550 for an LST XXL is a HELL of alot more truck and a much better bang for the buck than a Savage X for $350. Nothing against the Savage, but that XXL is the best designed MT available. And the XXL packs a ton of quality parts and accessories in the package.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Yeah Helibrian I found the LST XXL for $560. Not to bad, I just want a truck that is durable and fun. And the Losi looks pretty sick to me, even if I have to pay a little extra then I was going too. I mean, even $560 makes me nervous a little. But I think I will enjoy this hobby a lot. Just trying to come down to a final decision. Seems to be Savage or LST XXL.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guess I shouldn't mention any 1/8 scale truggies then.

Well whatever you get, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Good luck!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

well I was looking at the HPI firestorm, but there is a fear of terrain issues. Thanks bro
Old 03-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (96%+)

I've got a Savage XL for $350, like new and comes with everything you need. Chargers, batteries everything.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

i too dont knon what to do. im stuck at the 500.00 range also and the savage x is what i planned to get but thatr xl for 350 sounds lik anamazing deal. but sadly i cant buy nothing till the 15th.. alot of good info here. how do the engines in the xxl hold up compared to the savages? audiobahaholic pm me if u wanna work somethin out on the 15th..
Old 03-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shizcol
i too dont knon what to do. im stuck at the 500.00 range also and the savage x is what i planned to get but thatr xl for 350 sounds lik anamazing deal. but sadly i cant buy nothing till the 15th.. alot of good info here. how do the engines in the xxl hold up compared to the savages? audiobahaholic pm me if u wanna work somethin out on the 15th..
Those Savage mills are junk comapred to the LRP mill. The LRP spec3 mill is a very well known as a very durable mill with very good performance.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Agreed

Originally Posted by ntrain42
The REVO's with the small bore/stroke lay down shocks? Yeah, I'll pass on those. They race here alot locally in the MT truck class. Every week spots 1,2 and 3 are always LST's. Half the time the 2-3 Revo's that enter DNF due to the weak front suspension links and fragile nature of the vehicle.

Stormer Hobbies(Especially) and Amains just dont compete in price with Tower when coupons are involved. I use Amain on occasion, but normally for parts and brands I cant get at Tower. Tower also has the "Easy Pay" option. All you need is a debit or CC and your payment gets split into 3 equal payments with NO interest. And your order ships right away.

And LST2 and an LST XXL are 2 different animals. Losi changed the plastic composition when they came out with the XXL, and there are a ton of upgrades over the LST2 including the radio,engine,transmission,diff housings,driveline CVD's,servos used. The XXL only needs 2 or 3 inexpensive upgrades to make it bullitproof. The LST XXL's steering, engine,drivetrain,tx/rx is superior to the Savage XL, and so is the handling. Your right, the XXL handles like a car, but it has the wheelbase,track and ground clearance of a MT.

Here is an ABUSE video of a 100% bone stock XXL:

A bone stock LST XXL is every bit as strong as a bone stock Savage XL.
I agree 100% that the Losi XXL is just as durable as the Savage XL... Wish I would have seen this thread sooner. That's my friends vid, with the XXL... I run the Savage XL in the same pit... Youtube search indispozed psycho pit...
(Can't post URL's yet ) (And this includes URL's in Quote)

I owned 4 MGT 8.0's before I bought the Savage Xl... Now I own 0 MGT's
Old 02-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I would just go for a savage X 4.6. I've read that the 5.9 engine in the XL is junk. You can get the new GT-3 Savage from Tower for 465-50 discount with SS Club, so that's 415 shipped for a killer truck that comes with everything you need minus fuel. I would also recommend against buying a nitro truck used.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey buddy!!

I've had both the xl and xxl. If you go with the x get the new 2011 model. It comes with big bores and bullet proof diffs unlike the old x and some other stuff that will make a difference.

Starting with the xl. Defiantly better that the x imo, bigger size which I love better diffs and can take one hell of a beating. Now if your all about ease of maintenance and easy to work on then the xl nor the x isn't for you. Now I know people will say that's not true but verses the xxl its a hell alot harder to work on.

Now time for the xxl. Best raido, engine, and servos vs savage. The Servos are a renamed Jr servo. The xxl also can take a beating just as well as the savage but out Handel the savage. Now its also the easiest to work on out of the two. I will say this you better put a foc in the xxl pretty quick. I blew up my forward gear in my xlxl. Other than that its a strong truck and get a 7 out of 10 in my book. The xl will need a new engine and better servos. I will give the xl a 6 out of ten. I must like them because I just ordered me another xl lol. Now these are just my options and I don't need anyone trying to start anything with me or say that's wrong. Again just my .02.

Good luck and hope what you get you enjoy..
Old 02-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You guys realize this thread was started 3/13/11?
Old 02-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Unhappy

Originally Posted by honda237
You guys realize this thread was started 3/13/11?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! ! Wow I can't believe I didn't look at the date lol...
Old 02-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Hey buddy!!

I've had both the xl and xxl. If you go with the x get the new 2011 model. It comes with big bores and bullet proof diffs unlike the old x and some other stuff that will make a difference.

Starting with the xl. Defiantly better that the x imo, bigger size which I love better diffs and can take one hell of a beating. Now if your all about ease of maintenance and easy to work on then the xl nor the x isn't for you. Now I know people will say that's not true but verses the xxl its a hell alot harder to work on.

Now time for the xxl. Best raido, engine, and servos vs savage. The Servos are a renamed Jr servo. The xxl also can take a beating just as well as the savage but out Handel the savage. Now its also the easiest to work on out of the two. I will say this you better put a foc in the xxl pretty quick. I blew up my forward gear in my xlxl. Other than that its a strong truck and get a 7 out of 10 in my book. The xl will need a new engine and better servos. I will give the xl a 6 out of ten. I must like them because I just ordered me another xl lol. Now these are just my options and I don't need anyone trying to start anything with me or say that's wrong. Again just my .02.

Good luck and hope what you get you enjoy..
You got me again doug. I also run the dx3s in my savage.... And also thinking about the xxl big bore conversion for the Savage..... Guess it comes down to chassis preference...

I was aware of the date, but I had to chime in anyway....
Old 02-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

dude. for $500, id go into the buy/sell forum and buy 2 trucks!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by Indispozed
You got me again doug. I also run the dx3s in my savage.... And also thinking about the xxl big bore conversion for the Savage..... Guess it comes down to chassis preference...

I was aware of the date, but I had to chime in anyway....
That what I had on my old xl before I sold it was the lst big bores. They work very very well and defanitly worked.

Pit Bash Get Togethers Starting Soon..... Hit Me Up

When and where I just might have to bring my new xl to where your at if your not too far

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.