Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Project: Traxxas Zero (true 1/10th revoflux) >

Project: Traxxas Zero (true 1/10th revoflux)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Adept

Nice looking truck man... For some reason the tires look a little slim tome... which is weird since i know they are pretty wide (i own that exact set) and on my backslash they look buff...
Old 09-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ebailey95
+1! And I am also wondering what body that is.
Hi.

Its a traxxas stampeda body. I had one on my Picco.26 powered rusty. Very nice build man.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

nice.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the compliments! I have to agree I think it turned out pretty awesome.

Muggydude: Yea I think they could sell alot of them to the stampede guys..and it would allow them to re-use the Slayer plastic parts.

Mkiiana and ebailey: Despite what Doug e fresh says Its a Losi 1/10th Highroller body. Not a Nitro stampede body

Joeman: Thanks! Yea it was sort of a bummer finding out the original Imex wheels wouldn't work especially since I specifically ordered them directly from Imex for this project. I think the losi wheels actually ended up looking better though once I blacked them out.

Tizao: I didn't spend very much on materials really. An 12x24" 1/8" 6061-T6 aluminum sheet can be had for about $20-30. The 3/8" lexan I had sitting around and a sheet of that costs about $20 or so depending on the size. Other than that I just used some vinyl and that's about it. The expensive part is all the electronics and the other parts.

Firefrenzy: I personally don't think they look all that narrow...compared to masher 2000's though they are model thin though.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I've once again been busy with school. I got a Hobbywing xerun 150a esc from hobbypartz last week to replace the HobbyKING esc that blew up. The Hobbywing esc is pretty large which caused some fitment issues in the battery box. I had two choices..to stand it up on its side..or to mount it like you would regularly mount an esc. Mounting it sideways would work..and the top wouldn't stick out from the side of the battery box but the problem was that the wires would be sticking out of the battery box in the opposite direction of the motor so wiring would've been a mess.

So, I decided to mount it like you would traditionally mount an esc...I had to enlarge the hole on the battery box by quiet a bit to make it fit...I also had bolt on a cut down RPM Stampede esc mount to mount the esc on since the side of the esc sticks out past the battery box. Mounting it like this allows the wiring to be a lot cleaner. Unfortunately, 1/4 of the esc is sticking out so perhaps later on I will make a plastic guard to protect it..but for now I think it should be fine.

Here are some pictures with the esc mounted... along with a couple of pictures showing the finished truck without the body.

After I got everything wired up I managed to take it for its first test run. I have to say it definitely has enough power. It can do controllable wheelies. Unfortunately, no standing back flips because of the center diff but its very fast and accelerates quickly . I got 20 minutes of running in before I stripped the plastic spur gear.

Today I went to change the spur gear and it takes FOREVER to change the spur gear on this because its buried under everything. I'm thinking possibly I should replace the plastic 50t spur gear I had with a steel one. I know that plastic ones are quieter and last awhile with proper mesh but I feel like if I have a steel one in there I won't have to run the chance of getting the spur gear eaten up if the motor moves. Especially, because it takes so long to change the spur. Plus the flux has a steel spur so why not my truck?

Once I get a new spur I will get some videos for you guys. Stay tuned!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Looks super sick all blacked out.... cant wait for vids.... make sure to do some backflips off a chain link fence... those are super cool slowed down... thats my directing tip!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Initiate

great work . I am wating for videos
Old 10-07-2011, 03:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 353 (100%+)
Default revoflux

nice work looks great i cant wait to see it in action if you need parts slayer/revo let me know
Old 10-15-2011, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

video?
Old 10-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've been watching this build and I think you've done a great job, is it as big as the revo or bigger?
Old 10-16-2011, 02:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MiniMGT
I've been watching this build and I think you've done a great job, is it as big as the revo or bigger?
what are you talking about men thi is about 1 10
e revo is 1 8 - 1 7
Old 10-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

video? so keen to see it run
Old 10-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There is no video because this is fraud.... that truck dont run.. its held together with gum and glue... i think maybe even a little tape....
Old 10-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Insane truck build. The all-black hardware makes me think military gear.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Sorry guys for it taking such a long time to get a video up...but I finally have one for you guys..I hope you guys aren't too disappointed...I planned on bashing it harder than what's in this video but, I don't want to mess it up too bad before I have to possibly send it to the magazine. And once I get it back from the magazine I'll be putting it up for sale. Originally I had a lot of big plans for this video but I can't put anymore money into this project as I have to focus on racing...

anyway enough talking here it is...
(and yes I know that I need to learn how to jump haha...I just build the cars I don't drive much)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

looks fantastic. What are you looking to get for it when selling?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.