Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Project: Traxxas Zero (true 1/10th revoflux) >

Project: Traxxas Zero (true 1/10th revoflux)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Project: Traxxas Zero (true 1/10th revoflux)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

man i love this thread.first thing i check when i get home.keep up the good work!
Old 07-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I'm glad to hear that man.. I will try to keep posting updates regularly. It's always nice to hear that people are watching.

I started to feel well enough to do some work on this today... it took quiet a bit of convincing though. Once I got started though I was able to fly through finishing the last of the 4 upper chassis plates/ skid plates! The rear one that I just finished doesn't fit exact..but the top plates will be covered in flat black vinyl and that will hide many of the in perfections.

I couldn't just keep feeding you guys boring updates with repetitive pictures...so to spice things up... I threw some rockers and shocks on there for a couple of pictures.

Tomarrow I am hoping to get the designs drawn up for the chassis braces which will connect the upper and lower chassis and also be the mounting location for the TVP's. Also, would like to get those pieces finished and mounted so that I can start designing the TVP's. I think once I start working on those...things will start to get interesting quickly!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

a duel deck spaceframe with tvps? I have the sneaking suspicion this thing is going to become indestructible
Old 07-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Nice, your very talented
Old 07-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice build. Cant wait to see the final product
Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

This thread is like turning the page to the centerfold of a playboy magazine. I just want to see the product come alive. Think I will be subscribing....
Old 07-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Old 07-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Must see more.... Work isnt that important....take a few day and go hard at it.......
Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

very nice!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Guys loving the support and interest you guys are showing this project! Trust me though...I have only gotten started.

Came home from work and had three packages awaiting me.. One had one pair of badlands, another had the other pair, and the last one had the RPM revo hubs.

I'm still waiting for my big shipment from Rcplanet to come though...

Also, I had a bit of time to mount the front shocks...The rockers I have mounted are for the rear.. they will be replaced by the correct front long travel rockers once they come.

I wasn't planning on doing that till further on in the build.. but things started to get complicated fast..as I found that the only way to make the motor fit in between the front and rear shocks was to slide the center differential as far forward as I could. How far I could push the center differential forward depended on where the shocks where mounted..so I had to mount the shocks first then return to trying to design the lexan parts which will be sandwiched inbetween the top and bottom aluminum plates and will be where the TVP's are mounted to. The lexan parts will support the center differential so that's why it's taking me longer than I had expected to design and cut those parts. A picture of the complication...
*note the center differential be raised up and the skid plate bent upward to provide more ground clearance*

I'm crossing my fingers that tomarrow I will make large strides and be able to get the lexan chassis braces mentioned earlier mounted and also mount the center differential. (Something else I hadn't planned on doing before the chassis was completed)

Hang tight guys.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Subscribed.......
Old 07-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo more updates. MAN I WANT TO DO A PROJECT NOW!!!!!! your a Pioneer of building custom bashers. I respect you greatley. send it to New Zealand. that would test it hint hint.

Alex
Old 07-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

lkptrex: Thanks for subscribing! I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Hotbodies: Haha I'm glad that you like the updates and you definitely should do a project..its alot of work..but the outcome is great. Oh..I have plenty of places to test this thing her.. ; ) more on that once its done.. and I get some videos up.

Had a wicked long day at work today..cooking burgers 8 hours a day at mcdonald's tires a guy out...but hey people gotta eat and I have to have money for my projects..and college.. anyway.. I came home to find this at my door step...

I wonder whats inside...

Shortly after taking the pictures..I tore into the packages in an organized and controlled matter...haha yea right!

I started to throw parts on the front end of the truck and I'm very happy with how things are turning out. The width of the truck looks like its going to be around between 13 1/2" and 14" ! Which will fit the wheelbase nicely and is much wider than a Stampede 4x4. I'm very excited about the front bumper as it will fit the Highroller body perfectly. I can't show guys pictures of it with the body.. but I'm going to tell you that the stance is killer.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to do any heavy machining on the chassis braces like I wanted too. Maybe tomorrow... but till then.. some pictures of the front end...I think it looks good..but will look even better once I dye the rockers and cover the upper chassis in flat black vinyl!

Last edited by eds24; 07-30-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Yep....this looks like it will be cool!!! Nice job so far!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Rookie

wow nice job. cant wait to see it done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.