engine lock

Old 07-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default engine lock

so i finally got my truck running well and i was bombing around my front yard doing some sweeper turns through a dirtpatch. i was on my front porch and the truck rolled then the accelerator went full out and i had no control of it and by the time i ran over to kill the engine it had flamed out. when i fixed the broken tierod and got outside to start it again i couldnt even move the pullstart i know it sounds bad so if theres anything i could do lemme know please. also its a trx 3.3 that i got from traxxas' engine swap program, if the motors cooked do they still do any program like that?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Im pretty sure that no matter what (as long as its all there of course) they will swap engines to get you a new one. Most of the time when people do the engine swap program their engines are toast. I would open it up and see what happened and see if its fixable, if not swap it out.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jab917 View Post
so i finally got my truck running well and i was bombing around my front yard doing some sweeper turns through a dirtpatch. i was on my front porch and the truck rolled then the accelerator went full out and i had no control of it and by the time i ran over to kill the engine it had flamed out. when i fixed the broken tierod and got outside to start it again i couldnt even move the pullstart i know it sounds bad so if theres anything i could do lemme know please. also its a trx 3.3 that i got from traxxas' engine swap program, if the motors cooked do they still do any program like that?
Another thing; check your throttle servo also, is it working properly...?

It's dangerous to have a faulty throttle servo.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

yea i just replaced the servos so theyre fine. i took out the motor and the connecting rod is shot. the piston is stuck at TDC but the block looks like i could salvage it if i get the piston out.. haha im just not sure how to get the sucker out of there
Old 07-31-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

3.3s are a dime a dozen, i would either take this chance and upgrade to a better engine (big block) or use the traxxas program, its not even worth it to rebuild a 3.3 you will spend about the same as you would if you would use the swap but you would still have a used engine vs a new one.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

yea i figured the same. i have been looking at davis diesel conversions for a while now and i wanted to try to salvage my crankcase and whatever else i can and just buy that conversion hahah just to make things interesting
Old 07-31-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jab917 View Post
yea i figured the same. i have been looking at davis diesel conversions for a while now and i wanted to try to salvage my crankcase and whatever else i can and just buy that conversion hahah just to make things interesting
Careful, that's a lot of headaches to tune.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by roychan69 View Post
Careful, that's a lot of headaches to tune.
hahaha yea ive also heard bad things about the companies service might just go with a new picco or something
Old 08-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Initiate

My rc10 did the same thing on me. It broke the piston rod so I took it apert and replaced the rod and it ran fine. Luckily nothing else was broken.