Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WHY

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

No offense but i think it would be hard for a tmaxx to beat a revo on the track without decent mods
Old 10-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by BeefHead
You can do anything but make them better on the track.I still do not understand why u would try to make a mt perform well on a track.Hardly no one races mt any more.Truggys are what mt evolved into for racing.
You're obviously here trolling, so I won't feed you anymore. I gave you a mature response that speaks well for most of us in the MT department, if you want to try and bash MTs in a Maximo manner that's fine. Everybody has different opinions, unfortunately not everybody is able to accept that fact.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anybody can buy a Truggy and go fast around a track. For me its too easy, I have seen some of the worst drivers that have no clue on how to set up anything buy a truggy and all of a sudden there a pro. Give the same guy a 2wd gas truck and see what they can do. There is no challenge in the truggy class.
I run a Revo now and some weeks I end up running with the Truggies because there are very few MT's left at the tracks. Some weeks I break out an old school T-maxx and school some of the newer truggy guys. No I don't usually win but its not always about winning, for me anyway. The enjoyment comes from keeping pace with a Truggy that is twice the size and has at least twice the motor.
I am old school. Back in the day guys use to put 454 big blocks in ford pinto's, There was no fun in just going out and buying something that could go fast.
Dare to be different.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BeefHead
Ive seen some of you guys spend lots of time and money to make your monster trucks better for the track.Why dont you just buy a truggy.Just asking.I mean no monster truck would ever perform better on a track than any truggy out there.Monsters are made for bashing.Whats the point.
Here is a simple awnser, i run truggy and mt and get a thrill from both. The key is running not 1 class but 2 classes imo. I hate when i go racing and only run one class, i mean i get out there a 9am practice for a bit then run 2 quals at 12pm and 2pm and then a main. look at all of that time im just sitting there doing nothing but voulunteer turnmarshling. As for puting all that money and time in a mt, it because its nice to have a kick ass truck to win.

My Classes-

1/8 e buggy
1/8 nitro truggy
slash
mt

i also have a spending limit when i go to these races so i can buy things like carbon fiber, motor, servos, whatever, its just watching what you spend when you go race. I leave the weekend without spending more than 50$ including entry, entry fees are only like 10$ so i got 40$ for food, parts, and anything else you may need during your race weekend.

I hope this post helps you people figure out WHY
Old 10-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

i race truggy and 1/8th scale buggy but love my revo the most. we spend money on monsters b/c we can.its fun to mod them out and race them.yeah there isent to many tracks that have a mt class but you can run with the truggys,and yeah you might not finish 1st but it sure is fun not to finish last! you set them up right they do okay
Old 10-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

It's strange how someone would come into a monster truck thread and question why there are people racing them. I race truggy and buggy but I dont race monster truck anymore because the class has gone away in my area. Every time I race, I miss my crazy savage that was lowered, shaved down to minimum weight, modified with truggy hubs in the front and could beat the early truggys with ease. The truggys got better and better over time. I didnt say to the truggy owners, why are you racing truggy when my modified savage will burn it on the track. You used to have to modify buggy to turn them into truggys. People have short or no memories in this country.