feigao 9xl motor or 8xl
4s lipo 25c
pinion - __T? or ___T

hoping for your utmost help.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4wdmt
Vrooom. I find the E-revo to be pretty tough. Even the wing can handle some nasty abuse. The only fault I see are the soft springs which are stock. they provided stiffer springs for the long travel rockers, but they are just too stiff. I can't recommend what springs to get, it is a matter of preference. But they say orange front and gold rear is a good starting point (?).

You will like the E-Revo. No wonder many people run Revos. This thing is fully adjustable to your liking.

You already have good batteries?
So, I don't need to stock any spare parts?

Are the stock arms tough? how will you compare the erevo arms against the stock arms of an Emaxx2?

How many pcs. of shock springs does the E-revo comes with? Can the stiffer spring be use on the regular rockers or just for the Long Travel rockers?

I'm just using regular 2pcs 6cell 4600mah nimh as my primary battery w/ 2pcs. 3000mah as my back-up battery. Will probably shift to lipo since nimh batteries are too heavy especially my 4600mah ones...
Old 08-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by putok
hi guys,
need your expert opinion of what pinion to use in my setup:

e-revo stock spur 68T
mamba max esc
feigao 9xl motor or 8xl
4s lipo 25c
pinion - __T? or ___T

hoping for your utmost help.
I believe the Older Emaxx i had was just a few teeth short or more on the spur gear than the E-Revo. I have a Feigao 9Xl and use a 15T pinion.

Originally Posted by Vrooomvroom
So, I don't need to stock any spare parts?

Are the stock arms tough? how will you compare the erevo arms against the stock arms of an Emaxx2?

How many pcs. of shock springs does the E-revo comes with? Can the stiffer spring be use on the regular rockers or just for the Long Travel rockers?

I'm just using regular 2pcs 6cell 4600mah nimh as my primary battery w/ 2pcs. 3000mah as my back-up battery. Will probably shift to lipo since nimh batteries are too heavy especially my 4600mah ones...
As with any car you can use stiffer springs, but also remember to change the shock oil as well as try a different piston. You don't want it too bouncy or filled with heavy oil and a tiny piston so it has much less suspension action. I'd definitely jump to Lipos Asap. A high powered BL system will drain those NIMH fast and you won't have the luxury of recharging your packs after every run consistently like Lipo. Plus the xtra power and run time is a plus.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

My E-revo did some cartwheels while jumping some BMX tracks. It held up fine. Same jumps where my E-maxx busted lots of suspension parts.

As Harkonnen mentioned. The E-revo will be too bouncy with the stiff springs included. traxxas manual states that it must be used with the optional long travle rockers only.

I don't have brushless in mine. If i want some speed fix, I play with my brushless E. Mine is stock and just using a pair of 7 cell EP4600NiMh. I like driving it the way it is so far.

My Brushless E don't see some dirt lately. Eversince the E-Revo is around the house .
Old 08-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

a 15 tooth pinion sounds about right for the 9xl.dont forget to get a seperate voltage regulator that can handle 2s lipo or equal voltage.the castle creaTIONS ONE CAN(not the internal one in the esc),BUT I HEAR THAT IF IT FAILS OR BREAKS,IT SENDS FULL VOLTAGE INSTEAD OF NO VOLTAGE.
the revo is pretty tough.i always manage to break something,but i couldnt tell you what it might be.i think some good spares would be outer wheel bearings from a place like AVIDRC.com,that sells bearing for a dollar.maybe a ring and pinion gear,or a spur gear,
oh yeah,aluminum shock ends,thats what i used to break on my nitro one,but the heat from the exhuast helped that.

i really think just spare batteries....
Old 08-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
I believe the Older Emaxx i had was just a few teeth short or more on the spur gear than the E-Revo. I have a Feigao 9Xl and use a 15T pinion.
sir can give me inputs on the motor/esc/batts temp when using the 9xl motor,15t pinion and stock spur 68t. thanks.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by putok
sir can give me inputs on the motor/esc/batts temp when using the 9xl motor,15t pinion and stock spur 68t. thanks.
Not sure about the temps though on that one.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Will these 2 fit on the E-revo shocks without replacing the stock shock body and shock shafts?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJPT2&P=PU

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJPT6&P=M

4wdmt, is this your vid?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rED_h...eature=related
Old 08-09-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

those should fit.i mainly had trouble with the ball end side,not the cap.the heat from the exhuast on my nitro revo made them want to pull off the shafts on the rear.there are no down travel stops on the revo other than the shocks themselves,so if you start cartwheeling or flipping,the suspension can try to move to far down and stresses the shock,and it was the ball end that always seemed to strip out for me.

dont think any vehicle has weaknesses cuz i say ive broken something,cuz i have broken just about everything....on anything.....
Old 08-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Nope. That is not my vid.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 4wdmt
Nope. That is not my vid.
My mistake... Although the venue on your pics and on the vid looks very similar.

Does the P2 and Long Travel Rocker that comes with the E-revo uses the same pushrod?

Can I use this on both the P2 and LT Rocker? or do they need different set of pushrods?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...EARCH=TRAC6318

Last edited by Vrooomvroom; 08-10-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default e revo brushless going up against the nitro monster trucks

my teammates and i have a big race coming up this weekend and my one teamamate is going to be racing his brushless e -revo in the monster truck class. the race committee of the series we race in finally is allowing electric monster trucks to run with nitro monster trucks.

in the main he will have to come in the pits for a stop and go a couple of times because the nitros have to come in for re fueling.

his e -revo should be very competitive .

hes running the novak hv maxx brushless setup with a 4.5 turn motor and the novak hv maxx esc with the novak smart stop lipo cutoff. hes using a 12 tooth pinion with the stock spur gear to keep the temps down.

his e -revo has the 17mm conversion running proline wheel with crimefighters.

he also has the single steering servo mod, rpm arms and bumpers front and rear.

we have tested his e -revo on the track to get an idea of runtimes and he was getting 22 minutes on a pair of venom 2s 5000 mih lipos.

ill let you guys know how he does at this upcoming race. ill be racing in truggy and monster truck . im curious to see how his e -revo does against my 3.3 revo with a new rb tm523 in it.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Good luck to you guys on the race! Have fun! I'm racing at the super series this weekend, but don't have my E-Revo ready though. Just gonna run this other truggy instead.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So I FINALLY raced my E-Revo today. I've been waiting a good month to race it since I bought it, and I finally made it to the track to today. The truck performed very well! My power setup is totally stock with Maxamps 8k lipos. The top speed of the truck is dismal to say the least, but the handling is spot on with excellent balance and due to the lack of power the truck is really, really easy to drive. The truck could use a little bit more steering throw though, but I have yet to do any mods to the parts (I did use the long steering travel brace thing). My only option parts are LPR crimes (std offset) and variable rate pistons. Here is the crazy part though: My fast lap times with the E-Revo were only 0.5 sec off my buggy times! Although my buggy was definately not even close to dialed and I was driving like an idiot, but still I was amazed. In the main I was able to make 20 minutes driving at a leisurely pace, and I lost by one lap to a PE nitro revo (who stalled 3 times), but I put the wrong transponder in my truck, so I lost 3 laps at the start of the race and I waited for him on the track 2 or 3 times, haha.

All in all the E-Revo is a rather impressive racing machine. There were some mighty bitter nitro guys around the track today, lol! If the truck had more power it would be really fun to drive. I'm thinking about going lightweight with the truck; by replacing the MA 8k lipos with some 3200mah lipo packs and gearing up a bit, but doing a battery swap at the 10 minute mark. The lightweight ought to free up more power, runtime, corner speed, and jumping distance.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

you might not notice any improvement in the steering unless you also move the linkage out on the steering servo horns.on my nitro revo and this one the short distance from the center of the horn to the linkage is good for torque,but it overcentered and the rest of the steering didnt move as far as it should have.i dont remember my nitro one having the optional outer hole on the servo horns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.