tmaxx problem

Old 12-27-2001, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tmaxx problem

i have a problem with my t maxx. i have the stock pipe on and after i run the truck there is a puddle of gas on the chassis. i know its from the pipe because theres a small gap in it. i have tried assembling the pipe back together and it looks sealed but it still leaks some gas. i know there will always be some fuel around on a nitro vehicle but this is more than usual. does ne1 know what i could do. thanks
Old 12-27-2001, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, it might be a different problem. If you seal the pipe, it's still gonna come out of the exhaust tip. You could use plumbers tape to seal the pipe.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

ya i forgot to add i had to mess with the needles because of the cool fall weather. so im ganna try leaning it out. until i buy a new pipe ill try ur tip thanks
Old 01-14-2002, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

If it isn't coming from the pipe, you might have a loose coupler that is leaking fuel out. The most common one I have seen is not putting a gasket between the motor and header after taking it off. That is sure to make a hell of a mess.
Old 01-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Pull your pipe apart there is a baffle inside. On mine the baffle melted causing a constriction which made it pull more fuel than it could burn. I pulled the baffle out and end of problem.
Old 02-05-2002, 06:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default COUPLER

I had some trouble on the inlet to the exhaust. The metal actually got so hot, that it melted the plastic. Makes sure nothing is melting on you. And, yes, get a new pipe ASAP, you'll be very happy.
Old 02-09-2002, 10:28 PM
Tech Initiate

i have a nitro rustler and had a similar problem. the metal 'header' got hot and burned the cable tie connected the pipe to the metal coming out of the cylinder. mine didnt leak gas, but smoke comes out heavily.
Old 03-18-2002, 07:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default The pipe

I used to haev that promblem. first try to find a hole in the pipe or anything like that if that dos not work then you should try to take te pipe out and there will be a screw in the back of the pipe just titen it and you are all set
Old 04-13-2002, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

ya i screwed the pipe back together real tight it work better now.thanks
Old 08-21-2002, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Uhh try this, Pull off your header and do you have your Gasket still in there? IS it in 1 peice. This is a common problem with T-Maxxes the gasket is either missing or it broke in to a few peices.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Also Check where the header tube is welded to the Header flange....i have seen TINY pinhole leaks there before that cause problems