Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Associated to release new Monster truck >

Associated to release new Monster truck

Associated to release new Monster truck

Old 08-06-2002, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default Associated to release new Monster truck

It was only a matter of time, but Associated is coming out with their own Monster Truck.

http://www.wildhobbies.com/news/defa...&articleid=716
Old 08-07-2002, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I didnt believe it until I saw it. That is wild!! sy hello to Monster Truck racing. I guess its here to stay. Congradulation traxxas you win the make your own race class
Old 08-07-2002, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Technically speaking, credit needs to go to Tamiya for the Juggernaughts, Clodbuster, and USA-1 for creating the R/C monster truck and then credit to Traxxas for creating the first popular "modern style" RTR and marketing it properly.
Old 08-08-2002, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Actually credit should go to Kyosho for the USA-1 the ones who really started it all.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

All I meant was that traxxas "really" started this new interest and found a market for these beasts. I dont see a juggernaut racing class or a kyosho usa one class. but I do see a t-maxx class. And soon the Associated will be in the same realm. Associated wants some of that huge market that traxxas is making a mint on.

Now that associated is in the mix I think it will become more of a real racing class just because of associated's name in competion.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Let's pray to the Racing Gods that happens!
Old 08-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by RandyB
All I meant was that traxxas "really" started this new interest and found a market for these beasts. I dont see a juggernaut racing class or a kyosho usa one class. but I do see a t-maxx class. And soon the Associated will be in the same realm. Associated wants some of that huge market that traxxas is making a mint on.

Now that associated is in the mix I think it will become more of a real racing class just because of associated's name in competion.
Very True , Kyosho was never able to get aftermarket companies (except sassy) behind them in parts.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:23 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well Associated had better hope they have better luck than the other wannabes have had.

Lets face it, for all the T-Maxx clones out there now, non of them have had nearly the success the T/E-Maxx has. I mean, really, most people can't even remember the names of the recent trucks companies have released to compete with the T-Maxx. But if anyone can get their truck up there with the T-Maxx, its Associated. Simply because there are so many people out there who will buy anything that has the Associated label on it.

In any case, with Associated jumping into the ring now, we can officially say goodby to yet another "have fun" class in R/C. Just like sedans(which began life as a have fun class) the "T-Maxx" class will now be filled with cut throat competition.

On the lighter side, how long will it take before Losi decides to jump into the ring.
Old 08-09-2002, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

That was going to be my next question if losi was going to enter the ring. They will probably wait and see how it all goes another two years maybe they will.

did you see hpi's new one
Old 08-09-2002, 03:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah, I just saw the new HPI truck today. I must say, I like the look of that chassis! Pretty sweet.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

this is what ae has to say:
It's true! Team Associated is currently in the final stages of testing their new "bigger, faster, tougher" monster type truck.

Although some features are being finalized at this time, it is confirmed that the truck will be powered by a racing-style rear-exhaust .21 (developed in cooperation with Thunder Tiger specifically for this project). This powerful, transverse-mounted engine will feature a slide-valve carb and a patent-pending "quick-start" starting system. The truck will include all of the favorite features of today's popular monster trucks, including extra-long suspension arms, eight oil-filled shocks, and a transmission featuring two speeds forward and two speeds reverse.

It is currently planned that a prototype truck will be shown at the Chicago International Model and Hobby Exposition on September 5-8, with an estimated shipping date in time for the holiday buying season. Further information will be released on Team Associated's web site.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

I'm on the list to receive my pre-production unit soon. Can't wait. Guess I'll have to sell off my .21 T-Maxx conversion....
Old 08-13-2002, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

damn team drivers get all the fun
hehehee
Old 08-15-2002, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

can someone send me a link to this "hidden" icon on team associated page. I looked but I couldn't seem to find it.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

i think it was removed because i found it a few days ago, its above the B3 buggy icon (or was it the T3 truck icon?) but now, there's no hidden icon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.